collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Stay Classy, NY Sports Radio Guys  (Read 4756 times)

Skitch

• All American
Re: Stay Classy, NY Sports Radio Guys
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2014, 11:53:48 PM »
He was apologizing this morning.  Said he was way out ot line.  He supposedly reached out to the Mets so he could to personally apologize to Daniel Murphy.

I was very surprised that he made these comments.  I'm pretty sure he has had a child born with health issues so I would think he would be sensitive to this. 

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2014, 08:58:33 AM »
This is so moronic I don't know how to respond. Enlighten me.

You realize that disagreeing with my "conception" of fatherhood...or anything for that matter...automatically makes your opinion limited? Does it not? I believe 10 days is too much and that a father should go back to work well before that. You believe a father should spend more time at home at the expense of his work, which is essential to his role as a father. Therefore your conception is limited in that it does include my conception.

That was a really fancy use of words, though! Wish I could be as open minded as you!

You're perfectly entitled to your opinion, but with all due respect, you shouldn't be the one criticizing another father because he wants to play an expanded role in the life of his child. 

If you want to spend less time with your kids because you think your work is more important, fine.  But don't give someone else the business for believing that family time is just as important, if not more so, than work time.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2014, 09:16:40 AM »
Pretty much sums up my view,  via Chris Hayes.

] there is this kind of macho culture in which fatherhood is this kind of remote sort of undertaking. Where the domestic sphere belongs to the woman, maternity is the kind of key relationship with the child and the mother, the father is a distant person. And you heard in Boomer's comments: 'this is how we're making our money.' The father's out providing, the mother's at the home caretaking, and I'm sorry, but it's crap. It's crap. It's Neanderthalish, ridiculous confines of this patriarchal view of what the relationship is between the genders and it's incredibly imprisoning for men. This is the thing that just drives me crazy about this. It's like: take some time with your frickin' kid. And take some time with the partner in your life who brought the kid into the world. And that actually is part of being a man. That is part of being a full human being and a caring person.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 09:51:51 AM »

] there is this kind of macho culture in which fatherhood is this kind of remote sort of undertaking. Where the domestic sphere belongs to the woman, maternity is the kind of key relationship with the child and the mother, the father is a distant person. And you heard in Boomer's comments: 'this is how we're making our money.' The father's out providing, the mother's at the home caretaking, and I'm sorry, but it's crap. It's crap. It's Neanderthalish, ridiculous confines of this patriarchal view of what the relationship is between the genders and it's incredibly imprisoning for men. This is the thing that just drives me crazy about this. It's like: take some time with your frickin' kid. And take some time with the partner in your life who brought the kid into the world. And that actually is part of being a man. That is part of being a full human being and a caring person.

+1

brandx

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2014, 11:54:25 AM »

Great post