collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Viewing MU Basketball Abroad  (Read 2638 times)

cuttrock

• Walk-On
Viewing MU Basketball Abroad
« on: October 24, 2011, 03:27:13 PM »
I am hoping some of you can help me out assuming that at least some people have been working/studying abroad in another country during the basketball season.

I am going to be in Brussels, Belgium for 6 months (Jan 15 - July 15) during the heart of the Big East Season and NCAA Tournament. 

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might still be able to view the games either through tv or online, so that I do not have withdrawels while being overseas?

swoopem

• All American
Re: Viewing MU Basketball Abroad
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 03:42:34 PM »
If you have an Xbox 360 you can get ESPN360 through it and thats good for the majority of the games. i had to do that a few time last year and it worked out extremly well
Bring back FFP!!!

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:24:28 AM »
I watched all of the ESPN and ESPN U games online in perfect clarity with the website espnnetworks.com. You need a username and password from a Time Warner Cable bill, but I can pass you along one if you don't have it.

For the non ESPN games just scour slipstream.tv, firstwosports.tv, justin.tv and hope to get lucky. A lot of the times the mods uncle's cousin's neghbor's gardner in Nicaragua has links, so come to MUScoop before every game as well.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 05:13:37 AM »
Not a problem what so ever. By the time you're in Belgium, Brussels will be part of the 128 school, basketball only, new Big East Conf. so you'll be able to pick of the games on your local telly.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

cuttrock

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 11:31:18 AM »
I watched all of the ESPN and ESPN U games online in perfect clarity with the website espnnetworks.com. You need a username and password from a Time Warner Cable bill, but I can pass you along one if you don't have it.

For the non ESPN games just scour slipstream.tv, firstwosports.tv, justin.tv and hope to get lucky. A lot of the times the mods uncle's cousin's neghbor's gardner in Nicaragua has links, so come to MUScoop before every game as well.

Thanks for the info...hopefully I can catch the majority of the games.  Or I will try and resist checking scores and have someone record and send the games to me for me to watch.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 12:17:23 PM »
Hm, I think a lot of web based services are limited to US access only? (perhaps someone can prove me wrong). 

Anyhow, another suggestion, if you still have a residence in the US with TV service, you could always invest in a slingbox...

http://www.slingbox.com/go/home

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 01:40:22 PM »
Nope, espnnetworks.com was my savior while I was in London last semester. Crystal clear picture and all the ESPN, 2, U, one could dream of.

The others rarely carry MU unless its a big game on CBS or Fox Sports, but it's always worth a shot.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2011, 01:57:59 PM »
Nope, espnnetworks.com was my savior while I was in London last semester. Crystal clear picture and all the ESPN, 2, U, one could dream of.

I stand corrected, thanks!

MU_LOL

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 02:48:57 PM »
I stand corrected, thanks!

Aren't MU games rarely on ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU? Or is that just a US thing? I thought that most of the games were only on the BE network
I'm Ron Burgundy?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 03:59:43 PM »

Speaking of Marquette in London, when I was there last month, my friend dragged me to Sports Cafe near Picadilly to watch NFL football.  Its a horribly generic attempt at the English recreating a US sports bar, but they did have two large schedule posters from last year, with JFB in the middle looking badass, on each of the mirrors behind the bar upstairs.  It was completely unexpected and really cool.

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 06:35:11 PM »
Speaking of Marquette in London, when I was there last month, my friend dragged me to Sports Cafe near Picadilly to watch NFL football.  Its a horribly generic attempt at the English recreating a US sports bar, but they did have two large schedule posters from last year, with JFB in the middle looking badass, on each of the mirrors behind the bar upstairs.  It was completely unexpected and really cool.

Yessir! We had the interNational Marquette Day there and got around 20 people together to watch the game against Cuse there. The MU club of London got MU to send a bunch of posters and stuff so we put them up for the occasion.
Well, I go with two other students to watch the UNC Sweet 16 game and they still had them up. The owners loved having such a niche sector of the U.S represented. 

feedback