[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MU82
[Today at 12:54:04 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: That was embarrassing  (Read 10055 times)

MuggsyB

• All American
That was embarrassing
« on: March 10, 2021, 04:00:44 PM »
Overall grades today:

Offense?  F

Defense? F

Intangibles?  F

Coaching?  F

Effort and tenacity?  F

I'm thoroughly disappointed.  This reaffirmed our program is on the road to nowhere.  It goes well beyond some very poor shooting.  We are piss poor fundamentally on both ends of the floor and it's not just Freshmen.  I saw lethargy and very little will to compete.  This was inexcusable even among past inexcusable performances.  I believe this will be blown up but we are pretty much at rock bottom as a program right now. 

burger

• All American
Re: That was embarrassing
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 04:02:44 PM »
Koby......zero points......

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 04:03:27 PM »
Rebounding....F

Shooting....F
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 04:04:08 PM »
Getting deep dicked by Georgetown... A+

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 04:05:42 PM »
Overall grades today:

Offense?  F

Defense? F

Intangibles?  F

Coaching?  F

Effort and tenacity?  F

I'm thoroughly disappointed.  This reaffirmed our program is on the road to nowhere.  It goes well beyond some very poor shooting.  We are piss poor fundamentally on both ends of the floor and it's not just Freshmen.  I saw lethargy and very little will to compete.  This was inexcusable even among past inexcusable performances.  I believe this will be blown up but we are pretty much at rock bottom as a program right now.

couldn't watch due to work and meetings, but during a break, I got a text from my wife saying "Looks like MU is in “Ah, f*ck it” mode." All I needed to know...
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 04:06:39 PM »
Maybe the team knows something??

They quit.   No will ,,,,

Is WOJO gone ?  Are the kiss ups and apologists wrong ?

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 04:06:45 PM »
MU was out hustled, out played in every way. It did look like the team quit today. It's one thing to miss shots it's another thing to get out hustled like they did today.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 04:09:40 PM »
MU was out hustled, out played in every way. It did look like the team quit today. It's one thing to miss shots it's another thing to get out hustled like they did today.

Exactly right.  They looked checked-out at times today. 

MU24

• Starter
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 04:11:39 PM »
Very tough to watch, but ultimately, oh well. Tough year for everyone and its very unfair to get mad at 18-20year olds playing basketball.

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 04:14:53 PM »
The 2 close cropped head shots of Wojo on the sidelines said "I give up!". Let's hope he has. Time for a new gig.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 04:16:49 PM by Scoop Snoop »
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

Big Papi

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 04:15:48 PM »
Not mad at anyone but I am ok if everyone leaves and we start over.

This program needs a reboot.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 04:15:59 PM »
Very tough to watch, but ultimately, oh well. Tough year for everyone and its very unfair to get mad at 18-20year olds playing basketball.

This is where I am at. This was a really tough year on all the kids playing ball this year. Successes or not.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Zephyr820

• Walk-On
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 04:17:36 PM »
there is no argument for retaining wojo, if you actually care about the basketball program.  we have more than enough evidence that he is not going to work

Mu8891

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 04:23:45 PM »
What’s the argument again for
Wojo return?? 

He has destroyed MU HOOPS

We are at the bottom of BEand split games w / Gtown and D Paul

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 04:25:10 PM »
We just got absolutely smoked by the team that was picked to finish last in the Big East. Ugh.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 04:27:42 PM »
Before the season I was leaving ProJo. I said on this board that we had the talent that we should not finish behind any of:

St. John's
DePaul
Butler
G-town
Providence

If we did, my position would change.

Well, we finished behind three of those, basically tied with Butler, and lost at home to a DePaul team that didn't even have a game until last December due to COVID. 
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

muwarrior97

• All American
  • CALVACADE OF BRICKS
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 04:31:46 PM »
Overall grades today:

Offense?  F

Defense? F

Intangibles?  F

Coaching?  F

Effort and tenacity?  F

Yes, thoroughly defeated and I don't have any hope for a brighter future  :( :( :(
#RGV #ReturnTheWarriorMindset

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 04:39:43 PM »
Nothing stood out more to me today than the look the bench had with about four minutes left. The outcome was long ago decided, but the body language screamed “we quit”. For me personally, that was one of the lowest moments I can recall as an MU fan.

For whatever reason, this loss bothers me more than most. Something is really rotten with MU basketball.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 04:42:04 PM »
Donny Marshall in the FS1 picture at halftime and after the game couldn't even spin it in a positive light about Wojo.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 04:42:30 PM »
Nothing stood out more to me today than the look the bench had with about four minutes left. The outcome was long ago decided, but the body language screamed “we quit”. For me personally, that was one of the lowest moments I can recall as an MU fan.

Excellent point and I think it's part of the reason why as fans this is
rock bottom.  I didn't like the body language all game long frankly.
For whatever reason, this loss bothers me more than most. Something is really rotten with MU basketball.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 04:43:55 PM »
Donny Marshall in the FS1 picture at halftime and after the game couldn't even spin it in a positive light about Wojo.

He was also honest after the game unlike Lavin.  "Marquette has no identity".  100% correct by DM. 

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2021, 04:44:53 PM »
Just thinking about year 8 of Wojo with a top 5 pick playing in Milwaukee for a college not named MU.

Brutality

Scoop Snoop

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2021, 04:49:59 PM »

That something has a name: Wojo. In the next 10 days, we will find out how many players enter the portal, and possibly if the incoming recruits abandon ship. We will also learn whether or not Wojo is fired or finds a new job. His reign has turned into a nuclear meltdown.
Wild horses couldn't drag me into either political party, but for very different reasons.

"All of our answers are unencumbered by the thought process." NPR's Click and Clack of Car Talk.

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2021, 04:51:39 PM »

My question is why?  The team was on somewhat of an upswing. They looked engaged against X. There was no other indication in prior games of the team quitting.

Did Wojo find out he was being released? Did a player or players reveal they werent coming back?  Did someone write a letter?

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2021, 04:55:22 PM »
recorded the game. Just finshed watching. it took a bout ten mins to watch cuz i fast kept fast forwarding every few mins to see if they would make it close and they didnt.. I was just deflated and disguested. PAthetic end to this crap  show seasnon. sersiouly wTF was thaT???? cant even play a remoetly reptivitve game to G town. god i havent read any other posts yet. i pray there arent excuses defending this s hit or wojo. goodbye koby holy hell. Guess cya next year wojo sadly..

feedback