'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Give us Duke  (Read 2343 times)

mviale

• All American
Give us Duke
« on: January 28, 2009, 06:36:58 PM »
watching them - our guards would drive them nuts without Crean and his offensive sets.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

reinko

• All American
Re: Give us Duke
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 08:12:03 PM »
Speaking of this game...rushing the court Wake fans??  Really?  You are 4th in the country.

Act like you have been there before.

Cheers for beating Dook, but boo-earns for rushing the court.

patso

• Team Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 08:17:54 PM »
I loathe Duke.  I abhor Paulus. I detest coach K and the way he out Ryan's  Bo Ryan with his constant complaining. Then you throw in Vitale and his schtick (certain announcers should not be allowed to announce whren certain teams are playing) and the Cameron A-holes and it is unfathomable how anyone can stomach his team.

strobl2

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »
The ending to that game was crazy, the pull up jumper by  henderson in that guys face was amazing. THe play wake called at the end was a great call as well.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 11:33:51 PM »
Speaking of this game...rushing the court Wake fans??  Really?  You are 4th in the country.

Act like you have been there before.

Cheers for beating Dook, but boo-earns for rushing the court.

One of my roommates graduated from Wake in 07 - believe me, he heard it from me both tonight and after their student section rushed the court after beating UNC a few weeks ago.

He said the issue has been heavily discussed both times on their message boards about how poor it makes Wake look nationwide...the only argument my roommate can come up with is that they have played so poorly since CP3 left, that this is the first legitamate team they have had to cheer for.

legacy

• Walk-On
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »
I detest coach K and the way he out Ryan's  Bo Ryan with his constant complaining.

I think it's hard (okay, impossible) to like Duke, but it's hard to not like Coach K.  He runs a clean program, he wins, and he seems like a decent human being.  I had no problem cheering for him coaching the US Olympic team.   (Of course, I was also thankful to have Kobe on the team during that game against Spain, and none of the above comments about character apply to Kobe.)

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2009, 07:06:59 AM »
Allright, time to release some Duke bile...
(1) Oh c'mon, a blind retarded monkey could have "guided" that Olympic team to gold!!  Must be a real tough coaching decision--should I play Howard? or Bosh? with DWade, LeBron, Kobe, and Melo??  Hmmmmm...
(2) And as for his "clean" program, we know, because he and the media CONSTANTLY TELL US about it.  From what I see, Duke is the biggest bunch of floppers and whiners in the country, maybe ND a close second.
(3) It should be federal law that Vitale not do any Duke games, and if he mentions Duke during OTHER broadcasts, that he gets electroshocked.

downtown85

• All American
  • Ad majoram Dei gloriam.
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 07:22:14 AM »
Everytime Duke comes up on this board, I think this needs to be watched:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYOgC2Qbqh4

CAINMUTINY

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 07:32:11 AM »
+1......I'd like to see cameron indoor stadium burned down just so the dukies would have to play AWAY once this century.

BTW---This is my fav duke video is when the little kid cries

http://www.whenlifegivesyoulemonsfindmike.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/duke-kid-crying.jpg

nyg

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 07:54:05 AM »
Great win by Wake.  They seem to have like three or four "Stacey Augman" type guys.  All 6 8ish with great athletic skills.  Teague is a really good point guard also. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 08:11:00 AM »
I think it's hard (okay, impossible) to like Duke, but it's hard to not like Coach K.  He runs a clean program, he wins, and he seems like a decent human being.  I had no problem cheering for him coaching the US Olympic team.   (Of course, I was also thankful to have Kobe on the team during that game against Spain, and none of the above comments about character apply to Kobe.)

fixed.

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 08:25:34 AM »
Great win by Wake.  They seem to have like three or four "Stacey Augman" type guys.  All 6 8ish with great athletic skills.  Teague is a really good point guard also. 

This has to be one of the first Stacey Augman comparisons on this board ever.

But good call.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

feedback