'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Buzz is no Crean  (Read 4658 times)

LCDutchman

• Scholarship Player
Buzz is no Crean
« on: January 28, 2009, 10:26:34 AM »
During an interview with Dennis Krause, Buzz noted that practices are shorter now.  I will bet anyone here that we have no players breaking their hands on tackling dummies this year.  Also bet we have no February swoon as in years past.  This could be a special year. 
In heaven Marquette always beats Wisconsin

JSwarriors08

Re: Buzz is no Crean
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:53 AM »
This could be a special year.

Can we stop with the lofty expectations around here?  I liked it better when everyone was pessimistic.  We've been playing well, so let's not ruin it by starting all this.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:35:38 AM »
This could be a special year...WTF is wrong with that!!

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:47:08 AM »
Can we stop with the lofty expectations around here?  I liked it better when everyone was pessimistic.  We've been playing well, so let's not ruin it by starting all this.

How in God's name is some anonymous posts on an Internet message board going to affect the play of the team in any way on any level?
We Are Marquette

mviale

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:50:05 AM »
I know if I clapped louder in front of the TV, we could have beat Kansas.
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

MU B2002

• All American
  • Father to future alums in 2029 & 2037.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:07:32 AM »
I know if I clapped louder in front of the TV, we could have beat Kansas.

Nope, I was late getting to the bar to watch it.  By the time I got there, the damage had been done.  Stupid traffic.
"VPI"
- Mike Hunt

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 11:14:59 AM »

We suck.  I just hope that 18-14 will get us into the NIT.  Probably not, but we can hope.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 11:28:00 AM »
We've been playing well, so let's not ruin it by starting all this.

I want to look for you on the bench on Saturday. What number do you wear?

JSwarriors08

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 11:42:45 AM »
Well, thanks for the cynical douchebaggery.  Thank you for taking a comment that was mostly light-hearted and joking completely out of context and alerting me to the sheer audacity and brashness of my reply.  I should have expected nothing less from the passive agressive watchdogs on this board.  Ironic that this comes from many of the same who were jumping ship after the TN loss.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 11:44:28 AM by JSwarriors08 »

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 11:59:27 AM »
Thank you for taking a comment that was mostly light-hearted and joking completely out of context and alerting me to the sheer audacity and brashness of my reply. 

Out of context?

That is the entirety of your comment. How was anything taken out of context?

ErickJD08

• All American
    • Professor Crass
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 12:25:55 PM »

Yeah. You have to chalk it up as a bad post.  We all have bad post days.  You were off your game dog.  Tomorrow's another day.
Wanna learn how to say "@#(@# (@*" in a dozen languages... go to Professor Crass www.professorcrass.com

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 12:32:57 PM »
no, basically everyone jumped on him about it and he looked stupid.

and now he is trying to take it back, by saying it was taken out of context.

classic forum move.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »
no, basically everyone jumped on him about it and he looked stupid.

and now he is trying to take it back, by saying it was taken out of context.

classic forum move.

Yep.  If you're going to claim sarcasm after-the-fact you at least need to throw a wink at the end of your statement.

JSwarriors08

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
Yeah. You have to chalk it up as a bad post.  We all have bad post days.  You were off your game dog.  Tomorrow's another day.

Understandable, I know.  I appreciate the empathy.  Just perturbed at unneccesary venom from Mr. Johnson.  I just don't understand it on this board.  I don't know if such beholden rage at my use of the pronoun "we" was really appropriate.  Let me rephrase my post in a way that may suit Mr. J a little better.

I think it best that we, as fans, exercise caution when looking toward March (as I assume was LCDutchman's implication by a "special" year).  Most people on this board were pessimistic going into the season, and it's nice to be pleasantly surprised.  As a result I think it best to keep our expectations low and enjoy their success, because we have a tough stretch ahead.

Thank you for affording me a chance to respond.  I apologize to Hards for being so transparent.  It is out of context when my intent was clearly not to imply that anyone on this board can affect the outcome of games.  I just don't want to start getting my hopes up because once if we should start to lose everyone will start going doom and gloom again.

I love how the critique of posters like Hayward is that they do not engage in logical discussion of the validity of their comments, and then when I attempt to do so in a rational way, I'm told any attempt to do so is considered a revocation of my previous comment and therefore an act of cowardice.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 01:17:32 PM »
Yes, and isn't it refreshing?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 01:20:20 PM »
Well, thanks for the cynical douchebaggery.

You calling me a douchebag? Oh wait, you probably meant that jokingly and I'm taking it out of context.
We Are Marquette

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2009, 01:22:23 PM »
You made your mistake with the second post where you used teal.  Had you not used teal in your second post you could have sticked to your claim that it was a joke, but because you showed knowledge of using teal you completely ruined your excuse.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2009, 01:37:19 PM »
During an interview with Dennis Krause, Buzz noted that practices are shorter now.  I will bet anyone here that we have no players breaking their hands on tackling dummies this year.  Also bet we have no February swoon as in years past.  This could be a special year. 

Every year is a special year  ;D
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2009, 09:02:56 PM »
Let's enjoy this team and beat Georgetown on Saturday.

GO MARQUETTE!!

legacy

• Walk-On
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:25 PM »
This thread had absolutely nothing to do with Marquette basketball, but I laughed immensely reading it.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2009, 10:55:54 PM »
Some years the breaks goes your way and some years they do not. Last year was Georgetown's year. It seemed like they were always being bailed out by the refs. I have the feeling that this year we have Georgetown's good fortune. We have been able to win the close games. I not sure we beat West Virginia, if their star does not get 3 ticky tack fouls and fouls out after we could not stop him in the first half. The last couple of years it seemed like everything would go UW's way and they win all of the close games and finish with 30 win seasons. Recently they are losing all of the close games and I am enjoying it. There can be a really thin line between success and failure.  Good furtune has been on our side this conference season. We got to play Notre Dame when they are tanking and now we get to play Georgetown when they are tanking. Hopefully, the good furtune stays with us the rest of the year.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2009, 11:05:54 PM »
But what if during the course of the season Buzz scraps with a player and then blows off game day preps to ride on his Harley in the countryside and eventually wins the big one...would we then say Buzz is Al?
SS Marquette

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2009, 08:14:50 AM »
Understandable, I know.  I appreciate the empathy.  Just perturbed at unneccesary venom from Mr. Johnson.  I just don't understand it on this board.  I don't know if such beholden rage at my use of the pronoun "we" was really appropriate.  Let me rephrase my post in a way that may suit Mr. J a little better.

Thank you for affording me a chance to respond.  I apologize to Hards for being so transparent.  It is out of context when my intent was clearly not to imply that anyone on this board can affect the outcome of games.  I just don't want to start getting my hopes up because once if we should start to lose everyone will start going doom and gloom again.

I love how the critique of posters like Hayward is that they do not engage in logical discussion of the validity of their comments, and then when I attempt to do so in a rational way, I'm told any attempt to do so is considered a revocation of my previous comment and therefore an act of cowardice.

put the thesaurus down and step away from the computer.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2009, 10:34:50 AM »
But what if during the course of the season Buzz scraps with a player and then blows off game day preps to ride on his Harley in the countryside and eventually wins the big one...would we then say Buzz is Al?

Nice!!

JSwarriors08

« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2009, 12:59:10 PM »
put the thesaurus down and step away from the computer.

aka stop using big words?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 01:54:32 PM »
no, but trying to use big words just to sound smart is a bit unecessary considering your target audience, isn't it?

now, if this were an acedemic setting, go right ahead, otherwise you run the risk of sounding like a pompous ass... even though you probably aren't

JSwarriors08

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »
even though you probably aren't

Thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt  ;)