'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 08:48:19 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[Today at 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Jamie Dixon?  (Read 25642 times)

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
Re: Jamie Dixon?
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2014, 08:52:27 AM »

Haywood actually is a pretty good radio guy with some NBA connections.  He's not afraid to criticize a local team, either, which is rare on ESPN540, which is filled with shills like Drew Olson, Dan Needles and the awful GB Packers brown-noser, Jason Wilde.

I fixed this for you.

I can not stand Steve Haywood, he misuses more words than almost anyone. He tries and fails to be the local Stephen A Smith, which is an odd thing to strive for.

I love the idea of Dixon but don't see it being realistic at all

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2014, 08:57:32 AM »
Dixon would be a decent hire, but his teams always seemed better on paper than what they actually ended up achieving.  Not sure he maxes out the talent he has.  IMO, he's not as good a hire as Howland but would be better than Martin.

Haywood actually is a pretty good radio guy with some connections.  He's not afraid to criticize a local team, either, which is rare on ESPN540, which is filled with shills like Drew Olson, Dan Needles and the awful GB Packers brown-noser, Jason Wilde.

Wilde was one of the first to openly criticize Lord Favre. Haywood had a good inside connection with the Bucks during the Big Dog and Ray Allen days. Did someone seriously post above that Shaka is still in town. Enough already. Please

mechaghidorah

• Starter
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2014, 09:11:12 AM »
Wilde was one of the first to openly criticize Lord Favre. Haywood had a good inside connection with the Bucks during the Big Dog and Ray Allen days. Did someone seriously post above that Shaka is still in town. Enough already. Please

That's true.  And he never fails to take shot at him whenever he has the chance.  But he is the softest reporter in the world regarding  the current team (TT, MM, Capers, etc).

brandx

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2014, 09:33:03 AM »
That's true.  And he never fails to take shot at him whenever he has the chance.  But he is the softest reporter in the world regarding  the current team (TT, MM, Capers, etc).

You may be right - but that is what he is supposed to be doing. He is not a reporter per se for the Packers - but rather a guy that's letting you know what is going on inside the team as much as is possible. But he has taken shots at the time quite often.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2014, 09:35:44 AM »
Dixon would be great...if we want to win in the regular season and implode in the NCAAs.

Pitt has won exactly two NCAA Tournament games since 2009.

But they were awesome in the CBI a couple years ago.

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2014, 09:37:48 AM »
Dixon would be awesome but someone must have mistaken a guy that looks like Dixon at Cheesecake Factory or wherever the heck he was spotted.  An if true who the heck said "let's take him to Cheesecake Factory."

muguru

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2014, 09:40:41 AM »
Dixon would be great...if we want to win in the regular season and implode in the NCAAs.

A billion times better than Cuonzo would be. That would register about a -0 on the impact scale. At least Dixon is a name and well known, much more of a "wow" factor.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2014, 09:42:31 AM »
If Jamie Dixon really is in Milwaukee, I think the more likely scenario would be to gain information on Howland, ala what Mick Cronin did for Brett. With the new president's connections to Pitt, I'd be surprised if MU would bypass Howland and hire Dixon. That would be a dickish move.
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2014, 09:44:21 AM »
A billion times better than Cuonzo would be. That would register about a -0 on the impact scale. At least Dixon is a name and well known, much more of a "wow" factor.

Agree better than Cuonzo...but I'm hoping the Cuonzo rumors are just a smokescreen to negotiate quietly with a real coach.  My preference would be Howland or maybe Bennett (unlikely), but Dixon would be awesome if the only other guy in the running is Cuonzo.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 09:44:43 AM »
If Jamie Dixon really is in Milwaukee, I think the more likely scenario would be to gain information on Howland, ala what Mick Cronin did for Brett. With the new president's connections to Pitt, I'd be surprised if MU would bypass Howland and hire Dixon. That would be a dickish move.

They don't have phones in Pittsburgh??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Tums Festival

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 30, 2014, 09:46:16 AM »
Dixon would be awesome but someone must have mistaken a guy that looks like Dixon at Cheesecake Factory or wherever the heck he was spotted.  An if true who the heck said "let's take him to Cheesecake Factory."

Cheesecake Factory and not a steakhouse?
"Every day ends with a Tums festival!"

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 30, 2014, 09:48:36 AM »
Cheesecake Factory and not a steakhouse?

I heard it was Real Chili.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 30, 2014, 10:00:05 AM »
What was missing in the Dixon sighting is that Dixon, Smart, Calipari, Pitino, Boehein, and Howland are coming in for a group interview. Their chauffer is Wardle.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 30, 2014, 12:31:07 PM »

+1

And, he is an abrasive personality type...as far as how he coaches his players...he's a less attractive Tony Bennett in my opinion...Bennett would be my Number 1 at this time.  Dixon 2.  Howland/Martin 3 and 3a..
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2014, 12:34:00 PM »
+1

And, he is an abrasive personality type...as far as how he coaches his players...he's a less attractive Tony Bennett in my opinion...Bennett would be my Number 1 at this time.  Dixon 2.  Howland/Martin 3 and 3a..

+1

SuddenSam

• Starter
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2014, 12:37:49 PM »
Jamie fearing Buzz's entry into the ACC.

Scooter22

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »
I like Dixon, would be happy with that.  Reading the post Keefe gave, it amazes me the fickleness of CBB fans - they want to fire Dixon after his first year in the loaded ACC, where he finished fifth? 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2014, 12:50:28 PM »

I would take a slightly deeper look than that.

Last year they lost to Wichita State...who went to the Final Four.

Two years prior, they won their first game, and then lost to Butler 71-70....Butler went to the national championship game.

They went 1-1 this year in the tournament.  So in their last three tournaments, they have gone 2-3 with two of their losses to Final Four teams.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 30, 2014, 12:58:41 PM »
Hey, just saw Rome on CBS. He says the Piston are making a run at Izzo. That means he is on the market. The search team might as well make a run at him, too. After all, it is about making us a destination and making a statement. We need to think even bigger than Shaka Con.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2014, 01:00:05 PM »
Hey, just saw Rome on CBS. He says the Piston are making a run at Izzo. That means he is on the market. The search team might as well make a run at him, too. After all, it is about making us a destination and making a statement. We need to think even bigger than Shaka Con.

We need.... Obama.

chapman

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2014, 01:29:14 PM »
I'd certainly slurp for Dixon.  We would actually be able to win a game in the conference tournament too, he's an ace at those.  But we would need an assistant to take over for NCAA tournament games because he's terrible there. 

Dixon to MU, Howland back to Pitt.  Done deal.

Next, you're gonna hear people claiming Coach K is out for beer and brats in Milwaukee and is a lock to be the next coach.

I hear they're taking him to opening day tomorrow.  The announcement of his hiring will be simultaneous with him throwing out the first pitch. 

mattyv1908

• All American
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2014, 02:01:55 PM »
We need.... Obama.

Well if we got Obama you know he'd support even more spending on the basketball program.  ;)
Shut this board down at the opening tip.  If they win, open it back up.  If they lose, keep it shut it down until the next morning.  - Sultan of Slurpery

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2014, 02:07:17 PM »
Well if we got Obama you know he'd support even more spending on the basketball program.  ;)

“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #73 on: March 30, 2014, 02:25:36 PM »
the only thing that gives me a shred of hope with dixon is the fact that he was getting a little heat this year, and he has been very vocal for years about not wanting to go to the acc.  that's going to be a nearly impossible league for dixon to win. 

feedback