[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Good news on the way?  (Read 25431 times)

Clam Crowder

• All American
Re: Good news on the way?
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2011, 01:48:05 PM »
Who plays point guard after Cadougan leaves? I would like to have another option besides D-Will. I want Ferguson to play but if we oversign and we get two positions filled that we need more than a 2 guard I could see it happening. I think Ferguson looks great, and I want to see him suit up. I also wanted to see Newbill suit up, but talent evaluations can sometimes lead to the wrong players being chosen over others.

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
I have no evidence, I just see how many people we are on right now and if we are to oversign I see him being the odd man out. We all know Buzz is capable of it we have seen it the last 2 years! I rather have this happen than lose a player on our current roster. If we are to get Mbargorba and Lee I see Ferguson being the odd man out.

First off, I find the initial speculation a crap post.  Not necessary in the least.

Secondly, as to your defense, where is it that Buzz WILL oversign?  Because he is in on a lot of players?  Ah, newsflash, following recruiting he is ALWAYS in on a lot of players.

Sorry, but I really feel the type of discussion you created is pure BS and doesn't belong here.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
Who plays point guard after Cadougan leaves? I would like to have another option besides D-Will. I want Ferguson to play but if we oversign and we get two positions filled that we need more than a 2 guard I could see it happening. I think Ferguson looks great, and I want to see him suit up. I also wanted to see Newbill suit up, but talent evaluations can sometimes lead to the wrong players being chosen over others.

Right now, I'd guess TJ Taylor and Derrick Wilson get first crack, though Ray Lee would also be in the mix if he came here. We've had some contact with Nate Britt, a top-20 2013 PG, and will also likely try to bring in Monte Morris, Stephen Clark, or Jaylon Tate, all 4-star prospects that could compete for time as 2013 freshmen. If that fails, Buzz is also working on Emanuel Mudiay and Tyus Jones, both top-10 guys for 2014.

Plenty of options right now, but who knows where those guys end up? They could pass on us like Dunn did. I think the biggest factor right now is constant contact and on-court success. Back up last year's Sweet 16 with an Elite 8, especially with a good year from Cadougan, and guys will see PT opening up at a school where they can succeed. Losing Dunn sucks, but like we saw with Steve Taylor, winning goes a long way when it comes to recruiting. Keep winning and the kids will come.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2011, 02:47:11 PM »
Junior will be here for 2 more years so we can add another point guard in 2013 and still be covered.

A transfer could also happen in the offseason(some kids do tend to jump if they don't see playing time) so I wouldn't worry about a point guard in this class.

If we can get a good one fine....if not then we sign one in 13.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »
If Buzz oversigns my guess it will be in the spring and because he has evidence that someone might be transferring. 

Clam Crowder

• All American
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2011, 03:47:53 PM »
First off, I find the initial speculation a crap post.  Not necessary in the least.

Secondly, as to your defense, where is it that Buzz WILL oversign?  Because he is in on a lot of players?  Ah, newsflash, following recruiting he is ALWAYS in on a lot of players.

Sorry, but I really feel the type of discussion you created is pure BS and doesn't belong here.

I stated an opinion...is that not what message boards are for? I said "if" we are to oversign....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:50:43 PM by jhags15 »

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2011, 06:06:10 PM »
I don't think Ferguson is going to suit up for MU. Just a hunch.

JHags - The above statement which set the whole debate off did not include a caveat on "if we oversign." 

I do agree that message boards are lands of opinion and speculation, but tend to agree with MuMac that posting on a hunch, that one of our verbals isn't going to suit up for MU - and then to even suggest you feel that way due to MU oversigning, and as a result needing to "release" one player - just doesn't do a lot of good...

Nonetheless, I generally appreciate your posts and content...but feel this one was not one of your best!
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2011, 07:22:38 PM »
I stated an opinion...is that not what message boards are for? I said "if" we are to oversign....

This was your entire first post:  "I don't think Ferguson is going to suit up for MU. Just a hunch."

Frankly, what purpose did that serve?  I think it was a total BS comment and has no business being on this message board.  The kid has committed and MU accepted it.  Why post such crap at this time?  If MU oversigns, fine, then discuss.  MU has not oversigned and is actually one under the number (including the accepted commitments).

We really look good in the eyes of recruits when such unfounded speculation occurs.  Yeah, I bet Ferguson and his family feel real thrilled about MU when he reads this garbage.

That was absurd and crap, as I stated. 

Stretchdeltsig

• All American
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2011, 09:05:18 PM »
Agree!

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »
Seems like a bit of an overreaction

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #110 on: August 26, 2011, 01:32:20 PM »
Seems like a bit of an overreaction
Thats how Mac rolls. He's like the old lady who always judges children on their music or dress; what he doesn't understand frightens him.
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

muzzwilliams

• Walk-On
« Reply #111 on: August 26, 2011, 01:46:02 PM »
What frightens you BR? Are you a old woman?

BubbaWilliams

• Team Captain
  • "He's a great player, but an even better person."
« Reply #112 on: August 26, 2011, 03:19:55 PM »
What frightens you BR?
Clowns, heights, and Michael Jackson's father
"Say hello to your mom for me." - Biff Tannen

MUMac

• All American
« Reply #113 on: August 26, 2011, 07:26:25 PM »
Thats how Mac rolls. He's like the old lady who always judges children on their music or dress; what he doesn't understand frightens him.

Wow, I have my own personal stalker. 

Personal attacks now?  Calling me an old lady.  Ouch, that really hurts.  A tad childish, don't you think?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 07:31:36 PM by MUMac »

feedback