'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by MUDPT
[May 04, 2024, 10:05:13 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by wadesworld
[May 04, 2024, 09:36:37 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Nukem2
[May 04, 2024, 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: DWade and Team Trinity  (Read 25952 times)

MarkCharles

• Team Captain
DWade and Team Trinity
« on: July 09, 2010, 02:05:05 AM »
I don't know how much this will mean for Marquette, but it sure will be fun as a Marquette fan to watch DWade be in at least the East finals every year. The Heat are perfectly positioned to become the next global NBA franchise, joining the Lakers, Celtics, and (maybe) the Bulls. That a famous Marquette star will be at worst 1a on that team can only be a positive for Marquette. Im glad we will be seeing DWade in more big games than recent years, and that casual fans will be reminded what an amazing, exciting player he is.

CTWarrior

• All American
Re: DWade and Team Trinity
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 07:32:39 AM »
I suppose, but I think the Heat might also be the most hated team in the NBA after this.  It's going to look especially bad for them if they don't win a championship or two, and they better get a great spot-up shooter, a point guard and a good interior defender/rebounder to round out the roster if they want to do that.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 07:36:49 AM »
I am not at all convinced that this is going to work out for the Heat they way they think it is.  I'm not convinced they will win a ring.  Maybe wishful thinking as a spurned Cavs fan, and I may well eat these words.
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 07:47:22 AM »
Outside of the top 3, that roster is awful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 07:47:36 AM »
I am not at all convinced that this is going to work out for the Heat they way they think it is.  I'm not convinced they will win a ring.  Maybe wishful thinking as a spurned Cavs fan, and I may well eat these words.

Meh, Lebron gave you guys 7 years.  That's more than any Ohio team deserves from a great player. 

The Man in Gold

• All American
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 07:56:25 AM »
[/quote]

What roster??? 
  Officially the entire roster at this moment is Mario Chalmers; and DWade if he's signed the paperwork.
Captain, We need more sweatervests!  TheManInGold has been blinded by the light (off the technicolor sweatervest)

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 08:05:19 AM »
This will be fun to watch.  From an MU perspective, DWade will get a good share of the praise when they win but James will take almost all of the heat if they lose.  Hopefully we can get some good Marquette mentions, especially in games against Doc.  Very, very beatable team tho.

esotericmindguy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 08:10:35 AM »
[/quote]

What roster??? 
  Officially the entire roster at this moment is Mario Chalmers; and DWade if he's signed the paperwork.

Yeah, they'll have 4 guys under contract....but I'll take those 4 over any other 4 in the league.

Maybe Deiner and Novak will end up on the squad, they need minimum guys who can shoot.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 08:22:08 AM »
Diener can't shoot.  His career NBA FG% is under 40.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 08:25:25 AM »

And his career 3P% would have been in the neighborhood of 85th best in the league last year.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 08:29:57 AM »

There are a TON of players in the NBA who'd see their FG% increase dramatically if they were taking primarily wide-open shots. Just ask Steve Kerr.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 08:37:14 AM »
I suppose, but I think the Heat might also be the most hated team in the NBA after this.  It's going to look especially bad for them if they don't win a championship or two, and they better get a great spot-up shooter, a point guard and a good interior defender/rebounder to round out the roster if they want to do that.

Looks like they got Mike Miller for that.
From what they are saying down here, they can resign Joel Anthony for the interior defender, rebounder. Chalmers is a decent point gaurd.
If the draft picks pan out, they will be ok. If not....well, do they get another mid level exception next year?

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 08:40:10 AM »
Looks like they got Mike Miller for that.
From what they are saying down here, they can resign Joel Anthony for the interior defender, rebounder. Chalmers is a decent point gaurd.
If the draft picks pan out, they will be ok. If not....well, do they get another mid level exception next year?

I believe they can re-sign Haslem as well. He's a very good spot-up shooter from 15-18 feet.

Rollout-the-Barrel

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 08:42:10 AM »
Plenty of open looks should raise any role players shooting percentage.
"We have the blues on the run!"

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 08:43:54 AM »
I believe they can re-sign Haslem as well. He's a very good spot-up shooter from 15-18 feet.

With what money? He made $7 million last year, and there's a lockout coming next summer.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 08:44:09 AM »
There are a TON of players in the NBA who'd see their FG% increase dramatically if they were taking primarily wide-open shots. Just ask Steve Kerr.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_kerr/index.html

Kerr did not see his percentage increase in his years with Michael, Scottie, Robinson, and Duncan.  His best year was the 95 Bulls when MJ only played 20% of the games.  He also shot a very high percentage in Clevelanded  before getting to the championship teams he played on.

There is a HUGE misperception about role players.  They do matter.  People will understand this next May when the Heat get bounced in the Eastern playoffs.

Heat are not going to be able to find skilled players like Kerr, Longley, Wennington, Harper, etc.  They will have the Big 3, Mike Miller maybe, and that is it.  They have four skilled wingplayers.  They need more years of stacking up midlevel players.  They will eventually win it, but not until they get their midlevels and draft picks in.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 08:45:05 AM »

I agree.  But Travis Diener simply isn't a good shooter.  Love the guy, but he's never been a consistent enough outside shooter.

Steve Kerr was on some bad teams, but only finished below with a below 40% FG percentage once in a 17 year career.  And he was on some bad teams during that career.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 08:46:26 AM »
Yeah, they'll have 4 guys under contract....but I'll take those 4 over any other 4 in the league.

Maybe Deiner and Novak will end up on the squad, they need minimum guys who can shoot.

You'd take those four over any four in the league? Really? I'd much sooner have, say, Chris Paul at the point than Mario Chalmers, or from a long-term perspective, Derrick Rose ;)

I agree with the Heat starting like gangbusters and then coming back to reality. Especially since there's really no one left to play the center position. I expect Bosh will be forced to the five, which will leave them woefully undermanned up front. And when the big three need rest, teams will have time to come back on them.

Read an article about the best threesomes the other day, it ranked these three around 4th or 5th in recent NBA history, and noted that of the top threesomes, only the Jordan Bulls managed to win any titles. I think the Heat have plenty of title potential, but I don't think they'll be able to get past the Celtics, Magic, or Lakers yet without a more complete roster.

But apparently, Vegas likes the Heat...

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/08/vegas-heat-the-favorite-for-nba-title/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

HoopsMalone

• All American
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »

Read an article about the best threesomes the other day, it ranked these three around 4th or 5th in recent NBA history, and noted that of the top threesomes, only the Jordan Bulls managed to win any titles.

Magic, Worthy, and Kareem did not make the list?  I always considered them the best threesome of all time.  Those two Bulls threepeat teams are two of the better teams of all time, but isolating 3 players I would put the 3 Lakers players in the 80s up there.  The new Heat trio cannot match Magic, Worthy, and Kareem because Chris Bosh is sooooo overrated. 

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2010, 08:52:10 AM »

There is a HUGE misperception about role players.  They do matter.  People will understand this next May when the Heat get bounced in the Eastern playoffs.

If they make the playoffs.  Wade's never been healthy for three seasons in a row in the NBA.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 08:54:49 AM »
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

WellsstreetWanderer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 08:55:54 AM »
This will be a great Christmas day game with the Lakers but I don't know if they have enough to get out of the East. thye still have to get by Boston and Orlando.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 09:04:23 AM »
You'd take those four over any four in the league? Really? I'd much sooner have, say, Chris Paul at the point than Mario Chalmers, or from a long-term perspective, Derrick Rose ;)

I agree with the Heat starting like gangbusters and then coming back to reality.

Even during games...they'll win a lot of first quarters, but not a lot of second quarters.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2010, 09:07:10 AM »
Magic, Worthy, and Kareem did not make the list?  I always considered them the best threesome of all time.  Those two Bulls threepeat teams are two of the better teams of all time, but isolating 3 players I would put the 3 Lakers players in the 80s up there.  The new Heat trio cannot match Magic, Worthy, and Kareem because Chris Bosh is sooooo overrated. 

They didn't, but as I think of it, it may have been the past 25 years, or even 20. And of course, now that I want to find it, I can't locate it anywhere  ?-(

This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Brewtown Andy

• All American
    • Anonymous Eagle
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2010, 09:09:00 AM »
This will be a great Christmas day game with the Lakers but I don't know if they have enough to get out of the East. thye still have to get by Boston and Orlando.

And Chicago and Milwaukee.  And they have to survive at least one regular season trip to Cleveland.
Twitter - @brewtownandy
Anonymous Eagle

feedback