[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Kevin Noreen  (Read 25818 times)

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Kevin Noreen
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »
Another Noreen tidbit.  Last April he was 6'8", He is now listed as 6'10", and there are references to him growing two inches in the last year the old fashioned way - by actual growth - not just by a "numbers" growth.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2010, 05:05:14 PM »
New update...

http://stanford.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1079024

Schools emerge in pursuit of Noreen
April 27, 2010

He's 6-foot-10 and the all-time leading scorer in the state of Minnesota after averaging 37 points and 16 rebounds a game his senior season. Boston College got him to sign on the dotted line last November but Kevin Noreen is back on the market following the Eagles' coaching change.

After word broke that he had been officially released from his letter of intent, a parade of coaches have made their way to the Minneapolis area to check Noreen, the player that led Minnesota Transitions to the the Class A state championship last month.

"Teams at Minnesota Transitions yesterday were Providence, Texas, Lehigh, Indiana , Washington State, and California," said MTS Wolves coach John Sherman last Thursday. "The day before Minnesota, Iowa State, and Penn (were there). Other interest (is coming from) Penn State, Northwestern, and Marquette."

Yesterday a source in Minnesota tell Peegs.com that Noreen has begun taking and scheduling campus visits. The Mr. Basketball award winner apparently visited Northwestern on Sunday and the Wildcats may be considered the early frontrunner. The information also indicates that another Big Ten school will get a first hand chance to sell the high scoring forward. Indiana is expected to host Noreen sometime in the next week. Another school expected to receive a visit is Providence. The Friars may be out on the east coast but are led by a guy who knows the upper midwest well (Keno Davis).

Nearby Minnesota could be a factor but the Golden Gophers recently signed a pair of late post players. Rivals150 prospect Maurice Walker, a 6-foot-10, 300-pound center from Brewster Academy (N.H.) and 6-foot-9, 210-pound Oto Osenieks from Brehm Prep in Carbondale, Ill. are now both officially Gophers. In the fall Coach Tubby Smith signed 6-foot-11, 235-pound Elliott Eliason from Chadron, Neb.

Indiana currently has one scholarship available for this fall and could add two this spring via the Big Ten rule that allows oversigning by one player. Of course like every program the Hoosiers would be limited to 13 scholarships come enrollment time in the fall semester.
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

twisted

• Walk-On
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2010, 06:26:22 PM »
Noreen is visiting Iowa State this week. Close to home, plus heard being from Minny, he is very familiar with Hoiberg.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2010, 06:36:35 PM »
I thought Noreen had decided to go back into the Army for structure and discipline?

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2010, 01:20:55 PM »
Noreen is visiting Iowa State this week. Close to home, plus heard being from Minny, he is very familiar with Hoiberg.

Hoiberg's best chance is to convince Kevin that he could be the start of a turnaround at Iowa State.  A turnaround that may take some time if Craig Brackins stays in the NBA draft.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.