[May 09, 2024, 08:12:51 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Uncle Rico
[May 09, 2024, 04:40:58 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[May 09, 2024, 02:42:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Herman Cain
[May 09, 2024, 12:49:34 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Poll

Why are you choosing to not renew your season tickets for the 2021-2022 season?

WOJO (I will renew if he gets fired)
57 (46%)
COVID concerns
6 (4.8%)
Cost of tickets at FF
8 (6.5%)
Politics of the team
23 (18.5%)
Performance of the team
30 (24.2%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Author Topic: Why are you not renewing?  (Read 9948 times)

muwarrior69

• All American
Re: Why are you not renewing?
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2021, 08:39:15 AM »
Something tells me you haven't been to Chicago in years and are just guessing. Stay out of the west side and majority of the south side and you won't see it as a war zone. Your media paints it like it's freaking Syria.

So the west side and parts of the south side are like freaking Syria? If not, why stay out?

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2021, 08:42:25 AM »
So the west side and parts of the south side are like freaking Syria? If not, why stay out?

It's called street smarts. Every city in the country has areas you'd be better to avoid. Hell it's not even just cities, there's a crap ton of rural america you'd be best to avoid as well. Just generally be a smart person and don't put yourself in dangerous areas.
Maigh Eo for Sam

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2021, 08:48:37 AM »
You can support the cause AND oppose the violence at the same time.

Would a player who supported the police be able to wear PLM (Police lives matter) on their uniform? You can support the police and the cause at the same time, no?

fjm

• All American
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2021, 08:49:35 AM »
This thread is funny.

I legit thought it was about ticket renewal. Not political chest puffing.

Well anyways. I’m renewing per usual. Gonna try and get Brews tickets this year since it sounds like he’s always having a better time than me in the nosebleeds.

Miss Katie’s

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2021, 08:55:39 AM »
I had planned to renew even if Wojo returned, but now I’m infinitely more excited about it. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2021, 08:56:57 AM »
Sounds like you slept through 2020 when $6-$8 BILLION in property was destroyed, lives ruined, innocent people killed, by your BLM along with antifa.  Riots are still going on today in the northwest.

State  sponsored killings?  OK, 8-10 at most per year unarmed POC are killed by police get all the press while democratic run cities like Chicago is a war zone with POC getting killed every day and BLM is silent

Wow

Careful.  Ziggy doesn't like temper tantrums.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2021, 08:57:34 AM »
Getting back to the title of the thread. We had season tickets a long time and we enjoyed it.

We had a nice set up where a few/some of us would bring different young local inner city minority school kids to games for the life experience. Highly recommend it for locals. (We had a great section)

It kept getting more and more challenging to fly/drive in for games when some of us no longer lived in Milwaukee/Chicago or the Midwest.

So, attending games became more of a here and there thing, instead of every game. (Rising costs became a thing for some.)

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2021, 09:02:14 AM »
This thread is funny.

I legit thought it was about ticket renewal. Not political chest puffing.

Well anyways. I’m renewing per usual. Gonna try and get Brews tickets this year since it sounds like he’s always having a better time than me in the nosebleeds.

...but the team is making a political statement.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2021, 09:07:01 AM »
It's called street smarts. Every city in the country has areas you'd be better to avoid. Hell it's not even just cities, there's a crap ton of rural america you'd be best to avoid as well. Just generally be a smart person and don't put yourself in dangerous areas.

So Phillywarrior is right. POC are being killed in those areas of Chicago and other cities and BLM is silent.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2021, 09:12:26 AM »
So Phillywarrior is right. POC are being killed in those areas of Chicago and other cities and BLM is silent.

Yes? That's objectively true. But where you and Philly warrior are way off is why should BLM make a statement? Their mission is against police brutality and pro equity. It has nothing to do with the inner city violence. Comparatively, it would be like me saying to these anti Asian hate protestors "why aren't you bringing up the Uighur genocide in western China?! You're doing it to yourself too!" It has nothing to do with the cause that they're bringing attention to.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 09:16:25 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 29, 2021, 09:14:07 AM »
Moved from Milwaukee to Madison in the last year, no way I was renewing with Wojo at the helm. Now, I'm back. It will be worth it to get good seats for all the weekend games. I'll try to sell weekdays as much as I can.

I had also thought about just giving a donation to the Blue & Gold fund to show my support for the Shaka decision. Thought better of it, and would rather get some value back in the form of season tickets. Good job Marquette!

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #61 on: March 29, 2021, 09:16:13 AM »
We had planned to renew our tix, even if Wojo stayed on as coach ! !!  We even thought we might be able to get a couple of more rows down closer to the court due to some of you not renewing ! ! !  ;-)    But with the Shaka hire, we are even more excited  about the upcoming season and future of MU BB ! ! !    8-)

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2021, 09:25:02 AM »
I probably wasn’t going to renew. New baby and just life making it difficult to commit to 15-20 games. Not being excited about the product on the floor kind of pushed it over the edge to maybe just buying a 5 pack of it worked.

Now I’m for sure re-upping. This is the most excitement I’ve had for MU basketball since the last Hauser year.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2021, 09:32:00 AM »
Let's just hope COVID doesn't throw a wrench into next season. Cases here in New Jersey are spiking again.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2021, 03:19:42 PM »
I was not planning to renew last year, but was not sure if I could actually not renew.
After spending a year watching the games on TV, I am not expecting to renew.
Maybe different if I lived in Milwaukee. It is so nice to not have an hour drive home on good roads after a game. I never worried about snow this year.
I rather see the game in person, but I can watch it at home and not have a 100+ mile round trip. No worries about parking or snow.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2021, 03:22:20 PM »
Lol politics of the team was really the third highest response?  Woof.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2021, 03:26:39 PM »
J5

I would take Shaka MU program right now.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2021, 03:34:44 PM »
J5

I would take Shaka MU program right now.

Yeah, me too.  Brighter days ahead. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2021, 03:37:45 PM »
Moved from Milwaukee to Madison in the last year, no way I was renewing with Wojo at the helm. Now, I'm back. It will be worth it to get good seats for all the weekend games. I'll try to sell weekdays as much as I can.

I had also thought about just giving a donation to the Blue & Gold fund to show my support for the Shaka decision. Thought better of it, and would rather get some value back in the form of season tickets. Good job Marquette!

The trip is pretty easy back to Madison, especially the 8PM weekday starts...

axaguy

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2021, 03:43:48 PM »
Actually was going to not renew next season due to a couple of reasons not Wojo related, but maybe sublimaly so.
Live in western Chicago area and tiring of the two hour, one way rides per game, getting older, getting to fewer and fewer games each year, hating winter/snowy rides.......
But with new hire MAY renew to see the new regime and different approach....
So maybe cancel attitude was also partly Wojo related......
Willing to consider one more year.....

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2021, 06:02:20 PM »
I was not going to renew. I will 100% be renewing after the coaching change.