[Today at 08:59:21 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 07, 2024, 07:21:58 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Dawson Rental
[May 07, 2024, 06:51:10 PM]

2025 Bracketology by tower912
[May 07, 2024, 04:14:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Radford @ Marquette TV  (Read 9303 times)

Elonsmusk

• All American
Re: Radford @ Marquette TV
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2022, 07:11:16 PM »

I predicted MU to finish sub .500 on the season and think they should win this one by at least 20.

Wades - You're just scarred from your uber bullishness on Wojo that you carried on for a solid 5 years.  We are on the right trajectory with Shaka.  The fact he got us to the NCAA in Year 1 spoke volumes about his ability to coach.  No transfers out also speaks to his ability to build solid relationships/expectations.

Jump on the bandwagon dude.  We very likely exceed expectations again and make it to the NCAA.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2022, 07:23:36 PM »
Wades - You're just scarred from your uber bullishness on Wojo that you carried on for a solid 5 years.  We are on the right trajectory with Shaka.  The fact he got us to the NCAA in Year 1 spoke volumes about his ability to coach.  No transfers out also speaks to his ability to build solid relationships/expectations.

Jump on the bandwagon dude.  We very likely exceed expectations again and make it to the NCAA.
LOL
Goal is National Championship

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2022, 08:27:43 PM »

I do like Shaka but I think he needs to start adding more talent. I think Sean Jones is a total steal and is the type of player we can build with. But I see a lot of role guys and not a ton of studs.

I think Shaka is good. He’s definitely very likable. But I do have some concerns. He has gone just as many years without a Tournament win as Wojo did. I hope he changed that this year.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2022, 08:44:39 PM »
I do like Shaka but I think he needs to start adding more talent. I think Sean Jones is a total steal and is the type of player we can build with. But I see a lot of role guys and not a ton of studs.

I think Shaka is good. He’s definitely very likable. But I do have some concerns. He has gone just as many years without a Tournament win as Wojo did. I hope he changed that this year.

I don't know if we can assess yet if any of Shaka's players turn out to be studs as it is still so early.  What I do like is that we are substantially more athletic than we've been.  Omax and Kolek were good pickups/talented.  Sean Jones as you mention will be an impact player.  Chase Ross by all accounts has the athletic tool set needed to develop into a stud.  There's been whispers about Joplin taking a big step forward.  Kam, Stevie, and Oso sound like they've continued to improve.

We likely won't be a school going after the Top 40 recruits, landing immediate impact studs.  However, recruiting and landing kids on the rise ranked 75-150 that fit the culture - I feel Shaka can grow (and retain) those kids/talents into really high performing teams.

Shaka's Texas experience was quite different than VCU.  He got some one and dones and top 25 talent at Texas, yet he couldn't cultivate any NCAA tournament runs...some tough breaks in the tourney and some injuries to some of his top players at inopportune times certainly didn't help.

A lot of college hoop analysts and "experts" felt that Marquette was a great fit for Shaka - a much better program than VCU, yet one that wouldn't be attracting one and dones.  Shaka of course was most successful at VCU.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2022, 10:11:50 PM »
I don't think Marquette is going to be bad and I'm not worried about them, I love this team but Game 1 of a new season is always a question mark.  It's always tough to deal with an older team too.

Antoine got 19 minutes in the Final 4 for Nova last year, DaQuan Smith played 33 games for a team that went to Round 2 in the NCAA Tournament. Not a typical Radford. They are old have guys that have played in high level games and they have guys returning from last years team.

I don't think Marquette should lose, but it probably won't be easy either.

Radford has exactly two guys who have played together before. They may be "not a typical Radford" by the end of the season, but not in game 1. This will be an arse kicking.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2022, 10:25:30 PM »
The coaches in the Big South must not have received the memo that Radford has all this talent. Picked to finish 7/10 in the Big South this year. If we’re in a tight game with them…yikes.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2022, 10:40:38 PM »
Nah, realistic.   I predicted a double digit loss and accurately predicted why.

So you knew that Wojo would design a defensive game plan to ensure that college basketball’s best passer would be a passer and that nobody on MU other than Sam Hauser and Ed Morrow would bring anything better  than their “D” game? Good for you!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2022, 05:14:00 AM »
I knew that every game MU lost down the stretch was dominated by a guard from the other team not nearly as good as Ja. So I predicted a huge game for Ja and a double digit loss.   I also had watched highlights and realized they were quicker than MU pretty much every where.   So, like the IU game earlier in the year, I predicted a double digit loss.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2022, 06:56:39 AM »
I don't think Marquette is going to be bad and I'm not worried about them, I love this team but Game 1 of a new season is always a question mark.

Pssst ... Game 1 of a new season is a question mark for Marquette's opponent, too.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

DrJay24

• Walk-On
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2022, 10:54:04 AM »
Can anyone actually see the Radford game in the Fox Sports app?  Only thing that shows up for me when searching Marquette is the Central Michigan game on Thursday.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2022, 11:23:44 AM »
Can anyone actually see the Radford game in the Fox Sports app?  Only thing that shows up for me when searching Marquette is the Central Michigan game on Thursday.

Same question. Very confused as to how this will work. Terrified of MAJOR issues!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2022, 11:31:33 AM »
Same question. Very confused as to how this will work. Terrified of MAJOR issues!

I can’t find it on my TV app but on my iPad App I can find it here……. https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/radford-highlanders-vs-marquette-golden-eagles-nov-07-2022-game-boxscore-241145

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2022, 11:45:01 AM »
Will have the Bucks/Hawks game on TV.  If I can't find this one on the computer, not a huge loss.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2022, 12:15:16 PM »
I can’t find it on my TV app but on my iPad App I can find it here……. https://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/radford-highlanders-vs-marquette-golden-eagles-nov-07-2022-game-boxscore-241145

Yes… I think I see how it’ll work on my phone app. But no luck yet on figuring out how to find it on the app I downloaded onto fire stick  or Roku. Fml
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2022, 12:23:42 PM »
Yes… I think I see how it’ll work on my phone app. But no luck yet on figuring out how to find it on the app I downloaded onto fire stick  or Roku. Fml

It worked for me. I'm set for tonight

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2022, 12:34:14 PM »

Firestick Fox Sports app has the Nova and Lasalle logos but with the MU vs. Radford descriptor. Not sure if this is a mistake or if this is the shootaround coverage?  They list all the games singularly (many with the Nova and LaSalle logos also) so I am assuming it's the full game coverage (all listed under FS1).

Clunky

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2022, 12:42:00 PM »
That's it.  I've decided to be preemptively outraged at the coverage.  Don't they understand MUScoop's collective needs?!?!?

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2022, 12:56:53 PM »
Firestick Fox Sports app has the Nova and Lasalle logos but with the MU vs. Radford descriptor. Not sure if this is a mistake or if this is the shootaround coverage?  They list all the games singularly (many with the Nova and LaSalle logos also) so I am assuming it's the full game coverage (all listed under FS1).

Clunky
Same with the Roku Fox Sports app.
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2022, 01:26:42 PM »
That's it.  I've decided to be preemptively outraged at the coverage.  Don't they understand MUScoop's collective needs?!?!?

I miss the days of Scoop TV.  Whatever happened to Topper's uncle's, brother-in-law's, cousin's neighbor?  Working Arby's drive-thru?

frozena pizza

• All American
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2022, 02:28:07 PM »
At least the BE start times are staggered and we are in the last time slot along with Creighton at 7:30, so we should get a fair amount of air time on the whip around.  Hopefully we run away with our game but I expect our game will be tighter than Creighton playing at home against St. Thomas.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2022, 02:57:40 PM »
Radford has a Nova transfer, a Pitt transfer, and a Murray State transfer with some decent returning scorers.

I think this is going to be a down to the wire opener.

I'll say Marquette 73 - Radford 69.

The line's MU -17.5.  All you COLErs can put some money on Radford.  Let us know how it goes.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2022, 03:07:16 PM »
The line's MU -17.5.  All you COLErs can put some money on Radford.  Let us know how it goes.

Opened at -18 so we know who the real line movers are in Vegas.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2022, 03:40:37 PM »
I’m in the Fox Sports app on my Roku TV right this second, looking at the “Upcoming” list, and there’s the box to click on “College Basketball - Radford at Marquette - Today, 8:30 p.m.”

I hope all others who want to watch our season opener have similar access.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

🏀

• All American
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2022, 04:27:02 PM »
Opened at -18 so we know who the real line movers are in Vegas.

-19.5 now.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2022, 04:31:55 PM »
We won't beat the spread.
Goal is National Championship

feedback