[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[May 05, 2024, 10:02:26 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Kids and Seating at the BC  (Read 628 times)

MUCrew

• All American
Kids and Seating at the BC
« on: October 26, 2016, 08:28:23 AM »
2 Parter:

1.  So I have a 2yo that I'm thinking of taking with my wife and I to a game this year.  Do I have to get 3 tickets to accommodate my little one?

2.  Is it stupid to take to take my child to the game?

🏀

• All American
Re: Kids and Seating at the BC
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 08:35:18 AM »
1. No, just carry the kiddo in, they won't say anything.

2. My daughter was 2 last year, she loved the games for about the first hour. Then everything else was more interesting, I think it's worth going to a game or two. We never dared taking her to a high attendance game, she needs room to roam.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 08:46:03 AM »
1. I believe that age 2 and older need a ticket. If you have a small/young 2yo, you might be able to get away with no ticket but that's on you to decide. It might be worth buying a ticket in order to have some extra space.

2. It really depends on the child and it depends on the fan. Most 2yo's don't sit still very well and the sounds and lights and action can only keep them entertained for so long. Also, if you want to focus on the game and watch it intensely, you're going to have a problem. My wife and I took our kids to games when they were that little and it didn't always go well - a lot of time spent in the halls, not that much time focusing on the actual game. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to experience a game through a child's eyes, but I'd recommend taking your kid to a no-name, non-conf game. The crowd is smaller and the games are typically less exciting so leaving early is no big deal. Also, DVR the game  ;)

FWIW, I have 7yo twin boys and they've been all about MU basketball since about age 5 (i.e. once they could read the names and scores). My 5yo daughter is less into it, but she's willing to go, eat popcorn, find the mascot and scream with excitement when the stadium gets loud. The 3yo prefers to stay home.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 10:03:04 AM »

Ticketing FAQs from the Bradley Center Website

Does my child need a ticket?

◾ Tickets are generally required for patrons of all ages.
◾ Current Exception: For all team games, any child under 2 years of age sitting on the lap of a parent/guardian is not required to have a ticket.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 01:15:29 PM »
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=52424.msg865979#msg865979

1. Not unless your 2 year-old is heavy enough to cut off the circulation in your upper leg.
-or-
1. Only if the baby's mother wants to go, too.

2. Only if you're able-bodied and can't hold both a baby and a beer.
-or-
2. It's stupid to take your child to just one MU game.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

feedback