'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: TBT 2019  (Read 130795 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: TBT 2019
« Reply #500 on: August 04, 2019, 03:36:45 PM »
Currently in third for points ($5,000) but I foolishly picked Overseas Elite in my bracket. Especially, dumb because I only get money if Marquette wins.

Hope I don’t fall too far.

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #501 on: August 04, 2019, 03:37:41 PM »
fell asleep at half time...didn't set my alarm.  didn't realize ma sets the standard for fandom
Well, she’s right, go back to sleep old man.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #502 on: August 04, 2019, 03:40:37 PM »
anywhere we can get a replay of the last minute?  i fell asleep after an early morning round of golf

Here’s the last few seconds:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thetournament/status/1158103721957609474?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #503 on: August 04, 2019, 03:42:08 PM »
New poll for most beloved MU player since Wade........Travis wins ....and its unanimous!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #504 on: August 04, 2019, 03:52:32 PM »
Currently in third for points ($5,000) but I foolishly picked Overseas Elite in my bracket. Especially, dumb because I only get money if Marquette wins.

Hope I don’t fall too far.

Also in line for $5,000, in 7th place right now. I had Overseas Elite & Marquette in the Final with Marquette winning. I think I'm locked into the $5,000 tier if we win Tuesday, as long as everyone in 8/9/10 have their #TBTFAN points already.

Was disappointed OE lost as that would've been a nice separator, but even if I drop down I can't complain if they win. Any prize share (which all 900 registered Golden Eagles fans would get) is better than nothing.

Though I'm wondering, do we have to download the Zelle app beforehand?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #505 on: August 04, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »
anywhere we can get a replay of the last minute?  i fell asleep after an early morning round of golf
Replays are always on the ESPN App.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

MU82

• All American
« Reply #506 on: August 04, 2019, 03:57:13 PM »
Dwight has been the best player on the team. Not today though.

Yep. This is why a team is a team instead of just one guy.

Buycks was bad today, but they lose in Wichita if he wasn't one of the very best players in the entire field.

This group did a nice job of putting together this team. Lots of guys can make a difference.

Rowsey sucked today, too, and Jamil went ice cold. But Acker had a great stretch, Cook played a fine all-around game, Derrick played some nice D, etc.

Diener hadn't scored a single point before he hit those two cold-blooded effen daggers.

Buycks might be spectacular again for this group on Tuesday. Or maybe somebody else will step up.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #507 on: August 04, 2019, 03:58:33 PM »
Also in line for $5,000, in 7th place right now. I had Overseas Elite & Marquette in the Final with Marquette winning. I think I'm locked into the $5,000 tier if we win Tuesday, as long as everyone in 8/9/10 have their #TBTFAN points already.

Was disappointed OE lost as that would've been a nice separator, but even if I drop down I can't complain if they win. Any prize share (which all 900 registered Golden Eagles fans would get) is better than nothing.

Though I'm wondering, do we have to download the Zelle app beforehand?

Worst case for me, everyone behind me picked Marquette to win and I fall to $500.

I won’t complain getting a MU Championship and $500 haha.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #508 on: August 04, 2019, 04:00:48 PM »
I didn’t win a dime when we won in ‘77.  ;)

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #509 on: August 04, 2019, 04:02:10 PM »
I think it's kind of BS that you can pick your team until August 1, or that teams eliminated after that can't switch their allegiance. So if you were cheering for Kohl Blooded and they got eliminated day one, you can switch to Carmen's Crew, but if you are cheering for Overseas Elite you can't because your team was better? It punishes fans of teams that advance to the last 8 but don't make the final. Had Marquette's team lost today, I wouldn't have watched on Tuesday, but if we lost and I could've switched my team, I probably still would.

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #510 on: August 04, 2019, 04:06:29 PM »
I think it's kind of BS that you can pick your team until August 1, or that teams eliminated after that can't switch their allegiance. So if you were cheering for Kohl Blooded and they got eliminated day one, you can switch to Carmen's Crew, but if you are cheering for Overseas Elite you can't because your team was better? It punishes fans of teams that advance to the last 8 but don't make the final. Had Marquette's team lost today, I wouldn't have watched on Tuesday, but if we lost and I could've switched my team, I probably still would.

I noticed the person leading MU fans is also leading the Overseas Elite fans. Not a bad play setting up an account with all contenders and guaranteeing   money. 

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #511 on: August 04, 2019, 04:06:33 PM »
Have to imagine this is the best possible final for TBT. Both of the teams in the final have built in fanbases, unlike Overseas Elite and Team Hines. Also both Midwest teams, so should help attendance in Chicago.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #512 on: August 04, 2019, 04:10:54 PM »
fell asleep at half time...didn't set my alarm.  didn't realize ma sets the standard for fandom
Golf then falling sleep for an MU final 4, weak, hey?
Goal is National Championship

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #513 on: August 04, 2019, 04:11:33 PM »
You obviously did not see the earlier games in the tournament.

Sorry, seeing that just triggered a horrible memory of this play (1:22)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D19YFZgVQmM

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #514 on: August 04, 2019, 04:12:06 PM »
Enjoy

https://twitter.com/tomcrean/status/1158105424203325440?s=21

This is so great to watch. The Spirit of these guys has always inspired me and still does. Way to go @joechap32 and @DanielJohnFitz and the entire group.
Goal is National Championship

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #515 on: August 04, 2019, 07:27:36 PM »
Well, she’s right, go back to sleep old man.

no she isn't and how the hell old is old to you nerveless wonder.  there may be some other circumstances behind why i fell asleep as well.  sometimes it's best to refrain from making stupid assumptions to avoid being embarrassed
don't...don't don't don't don't

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

TallTitan34

• All American
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #517 on: August 04, 2019, 09:20:16 PM »

MU82

• All American
« Reply #518 on: August 04, 2019, 09:24:15 PM »
Beer.

Beer. 

Our next Supreme Court justice?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #519 on: August 04, 2019, 09:32:25 PM »
no she isn't and how the hell old is old to you nerveless wonder.  there may be some other circumstances behind why i fell asleep as well.  sometimes it's best to refrain from making stupid assumptions to avoid being embarrassed
The nerve has been hit.

VegasWarrior77

• All American
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #521 on: August 04, 2019, 09:55:06 PM »
Honestly, it's so very much fun watching Diener play/coach/motivate.  Sure he hit the big shot yet again.  But I'll focus my comments on his work with Rowsey in Thursday's game.  See Rowsey got frustrated by his inability to hit a shot and by the very physical play that was being allowed.  He was about to react in a less than constructive manner during a stoppage and Travis gave him one hell of a shove in the other direction.  Chapman recognized immediately that Andrew was on tilt and subbed him out.  Moments later Diener also came out and cleared out space on the bench next to Rowsey, put his arm around him and talked to him at length.  And for the rest of the game both were the first to high five all other player contributions.

Diener's playing career will be ending soon.  I sure home he wants back on the MU bench.  Dude is simply a winner.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #522 on: August 04, 2019, 10:32:13 PM »
Honestly, it's so very much fun watching Diener play/coach/motivate.  Sure he hit the big shot yet again.  But I'll focus my comments on his work with Rowsey in Thursday's game.  See Rowsey got frustrated by his inability to hit a shot and by the very physical play that was being allowed.  He was about to react in a less than constructive manner during a stoppage and Travis gave him one hell of a shove in the other direction.  Chapman recognized immediately that Andrew was on tilt and subbed him out.  Moments later Diener also came out and cleared out space on the bench next to Rowsey, put his arm around him and talked to him at length.  And for the rest of the game both were the first to high five all other player contributions.

Diener's playing career will be ending soon.  I sure home he wants back on the MU bench.  Dude is simply a winner.

The thing I love the most about Diener, is he pushes the ball up the court so fast and keeps everyone fed and involved. The classic definition of a point guard.  So when the clutch moments come, it is so natural for the rest of the team to want him with the ball.

The other night when the broadcast only had the high  camera angle for a while, it was very easy to see how different Diener operates from the rest of the players on the court.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #523 on: August 04, 2019, 10:40:18 PM »
Jerel McNeal

@jerel_mcneal
 Feb 19

More
Jerel McNeal Retweeted Travis Diener
Congrats to my brother @DienerTravis old fu**ker just wins!!!
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #524 on: August 05, 2019, 06:45:38 AM »
The thing I love the most about Diener, is he pushes the ball up the court so fast and keeps everyone fed and involved. The classic definition of a point guard.  So when the clutch moments come, it is so natural for the rest of the team to want him with the ball.

The other night when the broadcast only had the high  camera angle for a while, it was very easy to see how different Diener operates from the rest of the players on the court.

Spot on HC.  Oh, and how 'bout those 13 rebounds by DW?