[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Sons of Anarchy  (Read 2342 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Sons of Anarchy
« on: December 09, 2014, 11:48:28 PM »
Any Sons of Anarchy fans here? 

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Re: Sons of Anarchy
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 12:21:57 AM »
Yup.

SOA: Milwaukee Original
SS Marquette

starting5

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 09:24:19 AM »
Came in late to the party (Season 4) but looked forwad to it every Tuesday aftr that

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 10:03:25 AM »
real bikers don't wear white sneakers

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2014, 10:54:49 AM »
real bikers don't wear white sneakers

I remember reading interviews with Sutter and Charlie Hunnam in which they said while researching the show and character, they learned bikers do, in fact, wear sneakers for comfort, and motorcycle boots largely were worn by the weekend wannabes. Hunnam wore the white sneakers as a sort of tribute to a real biker (who wore white sneakers) he hung out with while preparing for the role.

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2014, 12:50:07 PM »
watched from season 1 to the end, will miss it...

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 01:22:16 PM »
Any thoughts on the homeless woman?  I know she is the woman who died when John Teller had his accident in 1993.  Her daughter is the girl with Rat.

But what is she personifying?  Angel of death (reaper)?  Throughout the seven seasons, she would always appear whenever someone was about to die.

I've seen some people say she is Jax's conscience, however, she appears at times when Jax isn't around which makes me lean away from that thought.

Kurt Sutter in the aftershow said she is whoever you want her to be so there is no right or wrong answer.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2014, 02:07:13 PM »
I remember reading interviews with Sutter and Charlie Hunnam in which they said while researching the show and character, they learned bikers do, in fact, wear sneakers for comfort, and motorcycle boots largely were worn by the weekend wannabes. Hunnam wore the white sneakers as a sort of tribute to a real biker (who wore white sneakers) he hung out with while preparing for the role.

not trying to argue but I wouldn't believe everything out of Hollywood - why is Jax about the only one on the show wearing them?

not observed in my own experiences and I spend time around enough Outlaws, Black Pistons, Roadrunners etc. to feel qualified to make the observation, heck, even my wife asks about Jax' shoes several times a season
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:09:07 PM by Michael Kenyon »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2014, 02:28:41 PM »
Any thoughts on the homeless woman?  I know she is the woman who died when John Teller had his accident in 1993.  Her daughter is the girl with Rat.

But what is she personifying?  Angel of death (reaper)?  Throughout the seven seasons, she would always appear whenever someone was about to die.

Pretty sure she's the Angel of Death.
Liked the finale, but my brain still hurts from being hit over the head with such obvious symbolism in the final 30 minutes (see: seven crows; bread and wine at the scene of the final crash).

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2014, 02:29:56 PM »
not trying to argue but I wouldn't believe everything out of Hollywood - why is Jax about the only one on the show wearing them?

not observed in my own experiences and I spend time around enough Outlaws, Black Pistons, Roadrunners etc. to feel qualified to make the observation, heck, even my wife asks about Jax' shoes several times a season

Not saying you're right or wrong, just saying Sutter and Hunnam had an explanation for the white tennies, and that was it.

BlindboyPatSmith

• Starter
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2014, 04:54:16 PM »
Yes....bad year for things on Tv I liked.....Breaking Bad....SOA.....Justified......MadMen

Shack

• Starter
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 02:33:14 AM »
Yes....bad year for things on Tv I liked.....Breaking Bad....SOA.....Justified......MadMen

Great shows. All on my short list as well.  Check out Gotham if you haven't already. Suprised how much I liked it.  Should be around be for a bit

SO A will be missed. Finale was good not great.  Thought everything was tied up in a neat package no surprises. 

feedback