[Today at 04:49:39 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 04:00:30 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[Today at 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Dwyane Wade Is Getting Torched In Chicago  (Read 8292 times)

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
Re: Dwyane Wade Is Getting Torched In Chicago
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2010, 02:12:30 PM »
Good. Now Wade won't go to Chicago, thank God. I can barely take these Chicago sports fans around campus as it is, I couldn't imagine how bad it would be if Wade wore a Bulls jersey. Hopefully LeBron will stay away too and the Bulls can continue to suck just like every other Chicago team that doesn't wear skates.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2010, 03:56:40 PM »
Wouldn't there be a fairly good chance that if Wade were a Bull he would have more involvement with Marquette being only an hour or two to the south?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2010, 04:35:13 PM »
Good. Now Wade won't go to Chicago, thank God. I can barely take these Chicago sports fans around campus as it is, I couldn't imagine how bad it would be if Wade wore a Bulls jersey. Hopefully LeBron will stay away too and the Bulls can continue to suck just like every other Chicago team that doesn't wear skates.
one of the most agreeable posts I've ever read on MUScoop
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2010, 06:53:07 PM »
+1, and don't worry about he hawks, they will go back to not being good and all the fair weather chi-hockey fans will fade away

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 02:21:37 PM »
To be honest I'm not even sure the Bulls are that interested in signing Wade.

I think the Bulls wish list goes in this order depending on how things play out:

1. Sign Lebron
2. Sign Amare, Chris Bosh, Boozer
3. If no Lebron, then Wade, Johnson, Ray Allen
4. Trades galore this offseason (Deng shipped)
So really what you're saying is that the Bulls wish list is:

1. LBJ
2. D Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Ray Allen
5. Amar'e
6. Bosh
7. Boozer

Yeah, I see how they aren't interested in signing D Wade anyways

damuts222

• All American
    • Gangnam makes me loco
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 02:50:39 PM »

Thats because the Bulls WILL be signing LBJ  ;D
Twitta Tracka of the Year Award Recipient 2016

reinko

• All American
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 02:57:28 PM »
So really what you're saying is that the Bulls wish list is:

1. LBJ
2. D Wade
3. Joe Johnson
4. Ray Allen
5. Amar'e
6. Bosh
7. Boozer

Anyone who would sign Jesus Shuttlesworth before any of those other 6 guys needs to have their head examined.  Even Boozer who sucks I would take before a soon to be 36 year old shooting guard.

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 03:17:27 PM »
Thats because the Bulls WILL be signing LBJ  ;D
Sure hope not!!

GoldenWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 03:18:54 PM »
Anyone who would sign Jesus Shuttlesworth before any of those other 6 guys needs to have their head examined.  Even Boozer who sucks I would take before a soon to be 36 year old shooting guard.

Amar'e is the only one I would CONSIDER taking Jesus Ray Ray over... this is because of the value of them.  Ray won't require a max whereas Amar'e most likely will and is just too inconsistent for me.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 03:31:59 PM »
+1, and don't worry about he hawks, they will go back to not being good and all the fair weather chi-hockey fans will fade away

*Yawn* More prototypical Chicago sports hatred.  Continue to root with other fairweather Brewers fans (cause they drew SO well before there was a bit of success and a new stadium) while bashing Chicago sports at all turns.  Its a bit tiresome that fans from a city without a NHL team needs to resort to bashing a team they have no association with cause they can't stand to see Chicago succeed at anything.  Or maybe you just are bitter cause the Predators are the Admirals affiliate. Who knows.  And wait, I'll pre-empt your response "Chicago sports fans are obnoxious.  Cubs fans suck.  Packers made the playoffs, Bears suck." Rinse repeat.

/threadjack

In more relevant conversation, Ray Allen may be the steal of FA cause he has shown he still has something left in the tank and is still one of the deadliest shooters in the league.  And he will come relatively cheap.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 03:38:51 PM »

In more relevant conversation, Ray Allen may be the steal of FA cause he has shown he still has something left in the tank and is still one of the deadliest shooters in the league.  And he will come relatively cheap.

Someone will overpay, someone always does.  i.e Rasheed Wallace 3 year, $20 million boondoggle

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 03:54:02 PM »
*Yawn* More prototypical Chicago sports hatred.  Continue to root with other fairweather Brewers fans (cause they drew SO well before there was a bit of success and a new stadium) while bashing Chicago sports at all turns.  Its a bit tiresome that fans from a city without a NHL team needs to resort to bashing a team they have no association with cause they can't stand to see Chicago succeed at anything.  Or maybe you just are bitter cause the Predators are the Admirals affiliate. Who knows.  And wait, I'll pre-empt your response "Chicago sports fans are obnoxious.  Cubs fans suck.  Packers made the playoffs, Bears suck." Rinse repeat.

/threadjack

You're right, we are all just jealous of the Chicago sports market.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 03:59:23 PM »
You're right, we are all just jealous of the Chicago sports market.

I never said that.  The Cubs-Brewers back and forth gets old, but I get it to a certain extent.  The Bucks-Bulls, I get it.  Packers-Bears, yeah that makes sense.  But bashing on the Blackhawks?  That makes no sense.  Unless you just hate all Chicago sports by default and look for a reason to knock them.  Every team has bandwagon fans.  But this prevailing attitude that Chicago only cares about the Blackhawks cause they are winning is stupid and uninformed, especially when its coming from a non-NHL city.  Its not like its coming from a Montreal or Toronto.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2010, 04:04:13 PM »
Haha it's comical that you say that Milwaukee fans are fareweather and then bring up the Blackhawks in the same post. A year and 2 months ago nobody gave a crap about the Blackhawks or hockey from Chicago, either. Then all of a sudden they made a little playoff run and everyone at Marquette was getting their nut to them.

And I wouldhope you can fill up seats in your stadium even when your teams are terrible, what's the population of Chicago and the surrounding area as compared to that of Milwaukee's? I mean come on.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HansMoleman

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »

So true.  They're an aging team full of guys on the downside of their careers.  They should be bad very soon.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »
I never said that.  The Cubs-Brewers back and forth gets old, but I get it to a certain extent.  The Bucks-Bulls, I get it.  Packers-Bears, yeah that makes sense.  But bashing on the Blackhawks?  That makes no sense.  Unless you just hate all Chicago sports by default and look for a reason to knock them.  Every team has bandwagon fans.  But this prevailing attitude that Chicago only cares about the Blackhawks cause they are winning is stupid and uninformed, especially when its coming from a non-NHL city.  Its not like its coming from a Montreal or Toronto.

So people from Wisconsin are not allowed to have a team to cheer for?  I happen to be a Wings fan.  I know you are probably thinking that I just like them because they are usually pretty good... but I have liked them since I was a kid.  If the day ever comes where the NHL sets up shop in Milwaukee I will abandon the Hawks and get on the local train.

As for the Hawks hate, it is probably because most of the people I know couldn't name a single Hawks player 2 months ago.  It happens with every fan base when a team gets good... people get interested.  Am I saying that there aren't die hard Hawks fans that watch every game or pay attention all season long?  Of course not!

You just seem to be defending all the new Hawks fans as lifers, when really, they aren't.  Where was the Blackhawk thread last year on this board?  See what I'm saying?

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
Haha it's comical that you say that Milwaukee fans are fareweather and then bring up the Blackhawks in the same post. A year and 2 months ago nobody gave a crap about the Blackhawks or hockey from Chicago, either. Then all of a sudden they made a little playoff run and everyone at Marquette was getting their nut to them.

And I wouldhope you can fill up seats in your stadium even when your teams are terrible, what's the population of Chicago and the surrounding area as compared to that of Milwaukee's? I mean come on.

I only retaliated with fair weather after lawwarrior brought it out to describe the Blackhawks.  You're surprised that 18 year old kids suddenly got excited about their hometown team when they were in the playoffs as opposed to fighting with the Kings for the bottom of the Western Conference?  My Dad has had Marquette season tickets since '86.  But when they were awful under Dukiet he was about half as vocal and excited to talk about the team as he has been recently?  Is my dad a fairweather Marquette fan?  And whats that last point supposed to mean?  I'm not going to even respond to suggestions that Chicago teams only draw well because of population.

So people from Wisconsin are not allowed to have a team to cheer for?  I happen to be a Wings fan.  I know you are probably thinking that I just like them because they are usually pretty good... but I have liked them since I was a kid.  If the day ever comes where the NHL sets up shop in Milwaukee I will abandon the Hawks and get on the local train.

As for the Hawks hate, it is probably because most of the people I know couldn't name a single Hawks player 2 months ago.  It happens with every fan base when a team gets good... people get interested.  Am I saying that there aren't die hard Hawks fans that watch every game or pay attention all season long?  Of course not!

You just seem to be defending all the new Hawks fans as lifers, when really, they aren't.  Where was the Blackhawk thread last year on this board?  See what I'm saying?

No, Milwaukee fans can root for whatever they choose.  Hence the reason I was a Hawks fan since I was little growing up in Milwaukee, I just wanted an NHL team to pull for and I liked other Chicago teams.  My annoyance is more with people who for the most part don't have an NHL rooting interest.  You don't see many hockey sweaters or t-shirts around Milwaukee.

Your second point and third points are perfectly valid.  But like you said, every fanbase gets bigger upon success.  I remember the FF run in 2003.  I was a senior in HS and a vocal Marquette supporter my whole time in HS.  But I'll be damned if the number of kids wanting to talk about Wade and Diener didn't triple in late March.  It happens, didn't make me bash their fanship.  Same with my point about my Dad above.  Not every Hawks fan is a lifer.  I would wager the cute girls in Toews and Kane jerseys probably didn't cry when Balfour left or remember the Chelios days.  But that is in no way an indication that the Blackhawks fanbase is fairweather.  Fairweather fans exist everywhere, but Chicago is a huge sports town, and the Blackhawks are no exception, success or not.  Especially now that ownership doesn't make it hard to be a fan.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2010, 06:05:28 PM »
Diener, Novak, Wade and Matthews are all free agents this summer.  Maybe they will all go to Golden State and become "Warriors" again.

THE WARRIORS!!!

BTW, they're changing their logo....
SS Marquette

feedback