[Today at 04:54:28 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by 🏀
[Today at 04:02:44 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Coach K is a bad coach!  (Read 4719 times)

Tugg Speedman

• All American
Coach K is a bad coach!
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:05:14 PM »
Lost to unranked VT on the road.

Duke's best non-home victories are at Maryland (KenPom #19) and against MU (KenPom #29) on a neutral court.

They have to do better than this if they want to be a legit #1 seed.  To do this they MUST win at UNC (KenPom #12) or they are a #4 seed that will get a #1 or #2 seed because their name is Duke.

esotericmindguy

• All American
Re: Coach K is a bad coach!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:06:26 PM »
K, the bad coach posts are used up......turn the page.

texaswarrior74

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:20:18 PM »
Outside of Cameron Indoor where the refs call such one sided games (the non-stop hand checking and constant flopping) dook is very beatable when facing even a decent team on their home court.

I've been posting on here for several years that K practically refuses to play true out of conference road games-they are usually at neutral sites....like Madison Sq garden (which in truth is hardly neutral given the large number of dook grads in NY/NJ) or in Chicago. When they play true out of conference away games they lose far more often than they win.....last year Georgetown and Wisconsin for example.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 10:26:47 PM »
Good God someone has a big love crush with Buzz.  Very big.  Next post I expect is Texas blowing a 22 point lead at Colorado....what he forgets to tell you is that the Texas fan base calls it a huge choke job just like the MU fan base....in other words, the fan bases act in a similar fashion.  I wonder if there is Another84 on the Texas and Duke boards?

Let it go Another...let it go.  We get the love affair

nyg

• All American
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 10:28:39 PM »
Missed the game.  Was Duke up by 18 with 5:30 to go?

groove

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 10:37:53 PM »
Good God someone has a big love crush with Buzz.  Very big.  Next post I expect is Texas blowing a 22 point lead at Colorado....what he forgets to tell you is that the Texas fan base calls it a huge choke job just like the MU fan base....in other words, the fan bases act in a similar fashion.  I wonder if there is Another84 on the Texas and Duke boards?

yeah i think anothermu has a supply of night time kneepads to go along with his buzz pic

babytownfrolics

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 10:53:37 PM »

So just because another group of fans would react in a similar manner means that our criticism of buzz is justified or somehow correct?  What if both groups of fans are a bunch of jags?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 11:18:17 PM »
Chicos, this thread is about Duke and how I think they are over-rated.  You turned it into post about Buzz.

Stick to the subject please.

MarquetteDano

• All American
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 11:57:39 PM »
Outside of Cameron Indoor where the refs call such one sided games (the non-stop hand checking and constant flopping) dook is very beatable when facing even a decent team on their home court.

I've been posting on here for several years that K practically refuses to play true out of conference road games-they are usually at neutral sites....like Madison Sq garden (which in truth is hardly neutral given the large number of dook grads in NY/NJ) or in Chicago. When they play true out of conference away games they lose far more often than they win.....last year Georgetown and Wisconsin for example.

Duke is beatable, especially with Irving out.  What will piss me off to no end is Duke and North Carolina once again having two home games in the tourney.  Every year Duke and UNC play in either the state of North Carolina or Atlanta and have two home games.   Think how much better our tourneys will be if we played the first two games EVERY YEAR in either Wisconsin, Minneapolis, or Chicago?

And, yes, Duke and UNC often have high seeds which affords them the advantage.  However, barring a major run UNC will not have a high seed this year but you just know they will be playing in Charlotte.

DaCoach

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 12:51:01 AM »
Chicos, this thread is about Duke and how I think they are over-rated.  You turned it into post about Buzz.

The subject you chose was Coach K is a bad coach!. Now you ask us to believe your intention wasn't to relate to the recent criticisms of Buzz? Why would you assume we thought your words had some hidden bizarro meaning?

No sale.
Players win awards but teams win championships

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 01:04:20 AM »
Thank you 84! I love how our "fans" are still making excuses for other teams when the arguments they made against MU are playing out for other elite teams. Can't wait to see the response when we win out in the regular season and lock up another top half seed! The future's so bright we gotta wear shades!

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 01:14:52 AM »
No, JOSH PASTNER is.

Kid could recruit and now his team is losing....losing....losing...

They lost to UTEP 74-47.

Tragic.

Not.
SS Marquette

Buzz's Tin

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 03:10:55 AM »

Kind of like your love affair with Tom Crean?

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 06:49:23 AM »
The subject you chose was Coach K is a bad coach!. Now you ask us to believe your intention wasn't to relate to the recent criticisms of Buzz? Why would you assume we thought your words had some hidden bizarro meaning?

Ok, you're right.  Some crazy poster on the MU board likes Buzz.  Everybody hit ignore on me, certainly we cannot have any of this around here.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 09:07:41 AM »
Coach K a bad coach, come on. Stop wasting my time.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

Marquette84

• All American
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 10:36:20 AM »
Lost to unranked VT on the road.

Duke's best non-home victories are at Maryland (KenPom #19) and against MU (KenPom #29) on a neutral court.

They have to do better than this if they want to be a legit #1 seed.  To do this they MUST win at UNC (KenPom #12) or they are a #4 seed that will get a #1 or #2 seed because their name is Duke.

893 career wins, 11 final fours, and 4 championships will buy a coach a whole lot of leeway.

As far as this year is concerned, despite your attempts to discredit Duke they're still ranked #2 overall in Pomeroy--and that includes last night's loss. 

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 10:39:41 AM »
Missed the game.  Was Duke up by 18 with 5:30 to go?

+1

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 10:41:17 AM »
....what he forgets to tell you is that the Texas fan base calls it a huge choke job just like the MU fan base....in other words, the fan bases act in a similar fashion.

You calling our players "choking dogs" in a screaming headline on Cracked Sidewalks does not translate to the "MU fanbase" or represent what an overwhelming majority of people felt.

Just wanted to be clear on that.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 10:44:18 AM »

I couldn't agree more. The NCAA plays favorites when it comes to seeding and disciplinary actions. It's absurd that NC and/or Duke get to play at their conference tournament site like every other year for the NCAA tournament.

DaCoach

• Team Captain
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 10:54:48 AM »
Ok, you're right.  Some crazy poster on the MU board likes Buzz.  Everybody hit ignore on me, certainly we cannot have any of this around here.
You're certainly not the only one on here who likes Buzz. But does that mean he can't improve or fans can't suggest changes might be appropriate?

However, it seemed disingenuous to claim that your focus was on Duke's problems when you claimed Coach k was a bad coach. He's stood the test of time. Buzz's legacy is still in its infancy.
Players win awards but teams win championships

marquettewade3

• Walk-On
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 12:40:12 PM »
The topic of this post doesn't deserve a comment it is so absurd.  I will simply post this:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Krzyzewski and ask you to read the first 2 paragraphs.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 01:24:23 PM »

If this is unrelated to mu than why didn't you put it on superbar?

SacWarrior

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 12:12:05 PM »
Guaranteed Replies: The Title

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 07:41:24 PM »
You calling our players "choking dogs" in a screaming headline on Cracked Sidewalks does not translate to the "MU fanbase" or represent what an overwhelming majority of people felt.

Just wanted to be clear on that.

You are correct, that's why I changed the headline and the article, wrote an apology, etc.  Just as your comments on our former coach are not the overwhelming majority of how people feel either, but that hasn't stopped you from taking monumental shots here at him time and time again.

See how this works....emotions can get the best of us and we sometimes say stupid things.  I apologized for mine, we all know you will never apologize for yours.  Peace.