[Today at 01:57:07 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[Today at 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Different view of Lazar  (Read 3415 times)

The Lens

• All American
Different view of Lazar
« on: February 27, 2007, 12:04:34 PM »
After watching Paul Harris (billed at Carmelo 2.0) playing during garbage time with walk-ons last night...it got me thinking.

ND Academy had 3 pretty highly touted guys (Harris, Caracter at UL and our own LH).

LH seemed to be the least heralded of the 3...but if you're drafting knowing thenm what you know now...for their freshmen years alone, wouldn't you take LH #1?
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Different view of Lazar
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 12:08:32 PM »
i would.....LH has shown nice improvement in the 2H of the season as well.  he'll have a really good career at MU.  Harris is not in the best system for his skills -- in hindsight I'm surprised he landed up at the Cuse.  Caracter -- too unpredictable.

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 02:40:47 PM »
When Caracter is playing like he is capeable of playing, he is a special player

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »
I would:

Take Harris first: explosive and can score.
Then Lazar, size and touch.
Caracter last...he lacks his "namesake". Too much trouble to deal with...
SS Marquette

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 03:19:31 PM »
I would take Caracter first, and then for me it is a toss up with Harris and Hayward. Harris is a better athlete with more explosiveness of the two so I think this would make me give him the nod. I like Lazar, but he lacks explosiveness and quickness. He reminds me of the way Alando Tucker plays - in that they both are undersized and can play very well around the basket. I would like to think that he will more than likely end up being a better perimeter shooter than Tucker. The thing though is he will never have Tuckers type athleticism. I still think Hayward will be a very nice player for us.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 03:21:54 PM by MUFanInGreenBay »

Djgoldnboy

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 03:48:07 PM »
I like Lazar, but he lacks explosiveness and quickness.

Same can be said for Jerel last year, and his year to year improvement in explosiveness and quickness has been pretty good, let's give TC and staff this off-season to work w/ Lazar and see how things change.  Remember, LH got a late start on working out with the team this year. 

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 08:09:03 PM »
Hard not to take Caracter first... yes he has some issues with his ego and weight, but Louisville's run right now has a lot to do with Caracter playing.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »
I like Lazar, but he lacks explosiveness and quickness.

Same can be said for Jerel last year, . 
Jerel as in Mcneal? The one from our team?  Are you seriously comparing his quickness as a freshman to lazar's? He was able to drive at will last year.

MUFanInGreenBay

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 01:26:47 PM »
 I didn't see any lack of quickness or athleticism from McNeal coming into MU last year. Jerel did imrpove his strength over the summer which helped himself gain some more explosiveness. But McNeal has much more raw athletic ability(speed, quickness, hops) than Hayward. I guess what I am saying is Hayward doesn't have a lot of God given athleticism(speed, quickness, explosivenes). And his lack of athleticism has nothing to do with a late start to the season like he had. Of course he can improve his athleticism in some areas, but he has much less to work with than a guy like McNeal who has much more natural ability that can be tapped into. Just like no matter how much I train on my explosiveness it will never be as good as Dominic James. Obviously, this is because he has more God-given ability than me. So Hayward can no doubt can improve his athleticism, but it's not like he is going to come out next year and look like some great athlete.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 01:36:55 PM by MUFanInGreenBay »

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 04:14:40 PM »
Hard not to take Caracter first... yes he has some issues with his ego and weight, but Louisville's run right now has a lot to do with Caracter playing.

Except he has no consistency. And his attitude isn't good and he can be really lazy at times. I love having Lazaaaaaarrr on this team.

MUHoopsfan6

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 04:35:15 PM »
I haven't heard anything about Lazar being lazy or having a bad attitude.  Where did you get that info?  I have pretty much put his ups and downs to being a freshman which I think is enough for most of these kids or anybody for that matter.  I really do like LH and I am glad he is on the team.  Lazar just had his best game of the season in my book against Villanova and I would hope he gained some confidence from that game.  When he improves his stroke from the outside and with the ability he already has around the basket he has a TON of upside.

drewm88

• All American
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 04:52:51 PM »
I believe he was referring to Caracter.

feedback