[May 12, 2024, 09:16:55 PM]

New 2024 Committment According to Ben Steele: Joshua Clark by tower912
[May 12, 2024, 08:23:11 PM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Skatastrophy
[May 12, 2024, 03:17:45 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by We R Final Four
[May 12, 2024, 12:18:42 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2018-19  (Read 128120 times)

tower912

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2018-19
« Reply #800 on: October 28, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »
Same old Lions. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #801 on: October 28, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »
That is easily the stupidest football play I’ve seen since Brandon Bostick.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #802 on: October 28, 2018, 06:40:32 PM »
Yep.  Should be cut before the plane takes off.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #803 on: October 28, 2018, 06:40:59 PM »

I just said to my wife I have not been this pissed after a Packer game since the Seahawk debacle.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #804 on: October 28, 2018, 06:42:20 PM »

Where is the coaching?

The very last thing Ty has to be told before going on the field is “do not run it out of the end zone, period”.

Of course he shouldn’t need to be told. But obviously he did need it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #805 on: October 28, 2018, 06:46:45 PM »
Never understood McCarthy’s love for the guy. Very average (at best) runner, receiver, blocker, and KO returner.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #806 on: October 28, 2018, 06:47:32 PM »
One offensive holding penalty. Zero defensive pass penalties. Fun game to watch until the end.

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #807 on: October 28, 2018, 06:48:53 PM »
Happy if Montgomery doesn’t get on the plane. Hasn’t done much for a long time, now this.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #808 on: October 28, 2018, 06:53:22 PM »
Happy if Montgomery doesn’t get on the plane. Hasn’t done much for a long time, now this.

Special teams coach should be fired.  Many mistakes on special teams today, and the last one lost the game.

Any special teams coach needs to pull their returners aside there and tell them if the ball goes into the end zone do not under any circumstance return it. 

I knew that the moment the rams scored and there was 2:05 left on the clock.  Saves you the 2-minute warning and avoids any risks of a fumble.

Montgomery should have known better, but the special teams coach should have made sure.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #809 on: October 28, 2018, 06:54:49 PM »
Special teams coach should be fired.  Many mistakes on special teams today, and the last one lost the game.

Any special teams coach needs to pull their returners aside there and tell them if the ball goes into the end zone do not under any circumstance return it. 

I knew that the moment the rams scored and there was 2:05 left on the clock.  Saves you the 2-minute warning and avoids any risks of a fumble.

Montgomery should have known better, but the special teams coach should have made sure.

Ron Zook. Need I say more?

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #810 on: October 28, 2018, 07:04:06 PM »
Ron Zook. Need I say more?

Wait is that seriously the Packers special teams coach :o

Oh man, then that comes as absolutely no surprise.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #811 on: October 28, 2018, 07:04:29 PM »
If the Packers can simply put a team away Ty never needs to return a kickoff. Up 1, inside 6 minutes, Rams with 1 TO. You can’t go 3 and out and give the ball to the Rams needing 5 yards for a FG.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #812 on: October 28, 2018, 07:14:19 PM »
Ya can put cement loafers on da punter too, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #813 on: October 28, 2018, 07:21:30 PM »
This is the first time in my life that I can remember where the Packers are both the worst and least fun to watch major professional sports team in Wisconsin, without an injury to a major piece (so basically Rodgers) “aiding” that.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #814 on: October 28, 2018, 07:30:39 PM »
This is the first time in my life that I can remember where the Packers are both the worst and least fun to watch major professional sports team in Wisconsin, without an injury to a major piece (so basically Rodgers) “aiding” that.

The current best/most interesting sports rankings in Wisconsin look like this right now:

Brewers
Bucks
Marquette
Packers
Badger football
Badger hoops

I can’t complain too much.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #815 on: October 28, 2018, 07:44:07 PM »
Good try today, packers. Rams are tough. And, hey, you guys aren't in last place in the division!

SKOL VIKINGS! King Thielen!
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #816 on: October 28, 2018, 08:07:55 PM »

Looking forward to the Buck Raptors match-up tomorrow.  I hope it's on TV down here.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #817 on: October 28, 2018, 08:15:34 PM »
I had a long drive today from southern MO to back home and listened to a bunch of different broadcasts on SiriusXM. I knew, or maybe thought I knew, that local radio NFL broadcasts were all homer calls, but didn't realize how meatball like it was until today. The broadcasters are 98% of the time playing to the local market, the remaining 2% of people probably like me listening on satellite radio, but the broadcasts are rough on the ears, between the homering effect and how much ads are squeezed in. I completely get making ad revenue, but everything on every local broadcast is not just sponsored, but amazing how it's sponsored. This is somewhat made up, but on the Eagles broadcast, it was basically "There's a player for the Jags down, this injury timeout brought to you by Johnson & Johnson, as they tend to the injured Jag, the referee will look over whether Wentz fumbled...no review needed when you visit Geno's, visit any of their 30 locations in the tri-state area...we're going to go to break, this is Eagles football brought to you by Allstate, and  you're listening to Eagle football on the PNC radio network".

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #818 on: October 28, 2018, 09:38:39 PM »
Thinking the Pack go to 3-4-1 and win the Division at 9-6-1. Maybe win 1 Playoff game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #819 on: October 28, 2018, 10:45:24 PM »
I think the fact that Brady is the leader is problematic for his legacy (personally).  There is zero doubt he has been behind the best offensive line in the NFL for almost his entire career. He has had the best coach in the game.  Had some of the best weapons on offense, and at times a dominating defense.

Why the hell is that team having to make so many 4th quarter comebacks.

So you think that when Brady hangs 'em up, the blemish on his resume was that he led too many winning TD drives? Okey dokey then. That opinion will be lonelier than the Maytag repairman.

Michael Jordan really wasn't all that good, either. He had to make too many game-winning shots.

In other football news ...

Rough way for the Pack to lose; I thought for sure they would win on a FG (or at least get a good FG attempt) if Rodgers had gotten a chance, and I am no Packer backer.

Solid effort by the Vikings. I think the Saints just scored again. Or was that the Bills scoring again on them?

Agree with Dish about local broadcasters. I cannot listen to any of them -- and that includes the Panthers' broadcasters.

Outstanding performance by my boyz. Ravens came into the game as the NFL sack leaders and they never got to Cam once. He had a great game, as did the Panthers D.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #820 on: October 29, 2018, 12:19:07 AM »
So you think that when Brady hangs 'em up, the blemish on his resume was that he led too many winning TD drives? Okey dokey then. That opinion will be lonelier than the Maytag repairman.

You missed my point, likely because of poor wording.

My point was that people highlighting that as the evidence for him being the GOAT, is a poor choice of his stats.

He has plenty of other stats to highlight.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #821 on: October 29, 2018, 12:48:16 AM »
Solid day for the Bears. Another likely win next week against Buffalo with a home game against Detroit following that. Keep Mack out against next week unless he's 100%.

Too bad they blew the Miami game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #822 on: October 29, 2018, 07:45:39 AM »
You missed my point, likely because of poor wording.

My point was that people highlighting that as the evidence for him being the GOAT, is a poor choice of his stats.

He has plenty of other stats to highlight.

Well, OK.

I only "highlighted" it in my previous comment because the subject of game-winning drives was what we were discussing.

I'd say Brady's legacy starts at the 5 championships and 8 total trips to the Super Bowl. The yards, touchdowns, game-winning drives, etc, line up beautifully after that.

It is silly for anybody to have to defend Tom Brady's legacy. The results speak quite nicely for themselves.

I'd hope that fans of Rodgers, Marino, Elway, etc, would at least be honest and say that if the situation were reversed - if their guy had the 5 SB titles and Brady had, Rodgers' or Marino's record - they'd be arguing "Say what you want ... my guy has won 5 Super Bowls."

I mean, it was wades who immediately brought up Rodgers' 1 SB as a reason a fan should rather have Rodgers over Newton as his team's QB: “My guy” won it in 2011. I’ll wait on “yours.”

But Brady's 5 SBs don't give him the advantage over Rodgers in any GOAT discussion? Interesting.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #823 on: October 29, 2018, 07:51:15 AM »
So Montgomery was told to take a knee...and he didn't do so.

Cut him today.  He's not all that good anyway.  Symbolic of Thompson's inability to draft toward the end of his career.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #824 on: October 29, 2018, 08:50:28 AM »
So Montgomery was told to take a knee...and he didn't do so.

Cut him today.  He's not all that good anyway.  Symbolic of Thompson's inability to draft toward the end of his career.

Seriously?  It's confirmed he got that direct instruction from coaches before taking the field.  If true (and I have no reason to doubt), he should have been left in LA unless that's somehow against the CBA.