collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2018-19  (Read 128008 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2018-19
« Reply #600 on: September 28, 2018, 11:26:26 PM »
No habla prayers. Thanks for the thoughts, though ... can always use some of those.

Not a big deal, bruh. Your character or lack thereof was revealed many moons ago.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #601 on: September 29, 2018, 07:26:27 AM »
Not a big deal, bruh. Your character or lack thereof was revealed many moons ago.

Irony. Sweet, delicious irony. You never disappoint.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #602 on: September 29, 2018, 02:40:52 PM »

Hypocrite.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #603 on: September 30, 2018, 01:16:19 PM »
What alternate dimension did I fall into this morning?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #604 on: September 30, 2018, 01:57:30 PM »
I see they changed the sack rule this week.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #605 on: September 30, 2018, 01:59:46 PM »
Josh Allen has a LOOONNNGGG way to go.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #606 on: September 30, 2018, 06:04:07 PM »

Him and Darnold have been typical rookie QBs - awful.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #607 on: September 30, 2018, 07:25:58 PM »
Bears were fun today.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #608 on: September 30, 2018, 07:26:31 PM »
Same old Lions. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #609 on: September 30, 2018, 09:41:41 PM »

Well, you have to give him a break. This week, he wasn't playing at Minnesota, where he led the worst team in football to a 10,000 point victory over the most overrated team in the NFL.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #610 on: September 30, 2018, 10:33:15 PM »
Bears were fun today.

This may have been a statement game for the Bears. The Chicago media has been all over Trubisky. If they can sustain this, they'll be pretty good.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #611 on: October 01, 2018, 12:02:39 AM »
This may have been a statement game for the Bears. The Chicago media has been all over Trubisky. If they can sustain this, they'll be pretty good.

::) It was Tampa Bay. They aren't gonna sustain anything unless they can play Arizona and TB every other week for the rest of the year.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #612 on: October 01, 2018, 12:19:16 AM »
::) It was Tampa Bay. They aren't gonna sustain anything unless they can play Arizona and TB every other week for the rest of the year.

Elite defense and special teams, offense should be able to do just enough with Howard, Cohen, Burton and Robinson. Honestly can't believe I'm saying this, but that looks like a playoff team especially when you look at the schedule.

I forgot how much more fun fall is when the Bears are good.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #613 on: October 01, 2018, 07:29:17 AM »

Trubisky and bears offense still had a heck of a day, regardless of opponent. It's the first (and it very may well be the only - though I doubt it) sign of what this offense could be.

TB is bad. But 3 super bowl winning QBs played against TB before the Bears and only 1 came away with a win. And none of those put up the numbers that Chicago did.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #614 on: October 01, 2018, 08:54:46 AM »
Trubisky and bears offense still had a heck of a day, regardless of opponent. It's the first (and it very may well be the only - though I doubt it) sign of what this offense could be.

TB is bad. But 3 super bowl winning QBs played against TB before the Bears and only 1 came away with a win. And none of those put up the numbers that Chicago did.

Well, Brees put up 40 points. Let's not pretend the Bucs defense shut him down. And Foles is the #2 QB on the Eagles for a reason.

Not taking anything away from Trubisky.  Just pointing out that you are citing a fluky statistical coincidence.  While technically true, it is misleading to use in regards to the quality of Tampa's defense.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #615 on: October 01, 2018, 09:28:12 AM »

Tampa beat 2 playoff teams and took the Steelers to the wire.  No the Bears didn't stomp the Patriots, but TB was one of the hotter teams to start the season, especially offensively.  They averaged 34 a game and Fitzpatrick set records.  That offense was hot garbage yesterday and Fitzpatrick played mediocre enough to get yanked.

No this doesn't mean the Bears are contenders, but to side eye on the most impressive performance of the day yesterday is petty and misguided.  Bears were't even favored on a neutral field.

Trubisky more than anything looked comfortable and wasn't a mental mess like we saw even against Arizona.  That was the most encouraging for me.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #616 on: October 01, 2018, 10:39:28 AM »
Trubisky more than anything looked comfortable and wasn't a mental mess like we saw even against Arizona.  That was the most encouraging for me.

I'm not a Trubisky hater by any means, but I also won't get too high about this one performance.

I agree that there were some big positives to his game yesterday, aside from the great throws; the audible on the first play of the day was the correct read, he drew three encroachment/NZE penalties with his cadence, etc.

But let's face it.
The Bucs blew so many coverages that they could have been arrested for prostitution.
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #617 on: October 01, 2018, 11:12:09 AM »
I'm not a Trubisky hater by any means, but I also won't get too high about this one performance.

I agree that there were some big positives to his game yesterday, aside from the great throws; the audible on the first play of the day was the correct read, he drew three encroachment/NZE penalties with his cadence, etc.

But let's face it.
The Bucs blew so many coverages that they could have been arrested for prostitution.

Where did I say he was anything other than what he was? Where did I get too high in the quoted portion? He was comfortable and efficient, unlike the jumbled mess he was most of the Zona game. 

While its easy to make fun of Chicago media/fan chuckleheads who get overexcited about a lot of things, its worth also noting all the "CANT READ TOO MUCH INTO ONE GAME" reverse sentiment.  The offense looked great, Cohen was a monster, Trubisky played his role well, and there was potential shown all around.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #618 on: October 01, 2018, 11:24:30 AM »
Where did I say he was anything other than what he was? Where did I get too high in the quoted portion? He was comfortable and efficient, unlike the jumbled mess he was most of the Zona game. 

While its easy to make fun of Chicago media/fan chuckleheads who get overexcited about a lot of things, its worth also noting all the "CANT READ TOO MUCH INTO ONE GAME" reverse sentiment.  The offense looked great, Cohen was a monster, Trubisky played his role well, and there was potential shown all around.

That's what I don't understand. When the offense/Trubisky plays poorly, it demonstrates that he's a bust or Nagy is in over his head.

When the offense/Trubisky plays well, it doesn't mean anything.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #619 on: October 01, 2018, 11:25:54 AM »
What happened to Earl Thomas yesterday is a good reminder of why fans should never complain when a player holds out for a long-term/large guarantee deal.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #620 on: October 01, 2018, 11:31:41 AM »
What happened to Earl Thomas yesterday is a good reminder of why fans should never complain when a player holds out for a long-term/large guarantee deal.

I imagine this will push Bell further into his corner. Doubt we see him this season.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #621 on: October 01, 2018, 11:35:02 AM »
I imagine this will push Bell further into his corner. Doubt we see him this season.

I think he'll show up after week 10. If he doesn't, 2018 won't count as a year of service time and then he won't be an UFA at the end of the year.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #622 on: October 01, 2018, 12:35:04 PM »

I must have been unclear; I completely agree with the portion of your post that I quoted.
Namely, that Trubisky (and Nagy and the rest of the offense, for that matter) showed good improvement.

I was not "on him" when he looked shaky the previous couple of games, and likewise I will not "crown him" for looking good yesterday. But he did look very, very good.

I will, in short, respect the process. #nohashtags
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Anti-Dentite

• All American
« Reply #623 on: October 01, 2018, 07:43:43 PM »
Just saw he will report week 7.
You know the difference between a dentist and a sadist, don't you? Newer magazines.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #624 on: October 01, 2018, 10:41:20 PM »
Wow, Mahomes sure is fun to watch. Damn good, too.

feedback