collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: NFC North / NFL Thread 2018-19  (Read 128013 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: NFC North / NFL Thread 2018-19
« Reply #425 on: September 16, 2018, 03:44:43 PM »

Yep!!! 

Maybe should stay away from the football thread in the future. Unless you want me to keep owning you.

How did you graduate from Marquette with such a lack of understanding in basic logic?

Well one thing I DIDN’T learn is that when a coach directly takes 3 points off his own score on the last play of the game in a tie game it makes no difference.

Knew I should’ve taken more math classes!

You’re too smart for me! I need to hide!

Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #426 on: September 16, 2018, 03:47:48 PM »
Well one thing I DIDN’T learn is that when a coach directly takes 3 points off his own score on the last play of the game in a tie game it makes no difference.

Knew I should’ve taken more math classes!

You’re too smart for me! I need to hide!

Lol.

YOU. STILL. DONT. GET. IT???

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #427 on: September 16, 2018, 03:49:21 PM »

YOU. STILL. DONT. GET. IT???

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Nope. I get it. It directly took a win and made it a tie.

No difference though! In a tie game, 3 points taken off the board on the last play of the game is no difference in the game!

#sultanssmarterthaneveryone #sultandoesmath #toughguy
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #428 on: September 16, 2018, 04:03:58 PM »
The Packers gave it away.

That said, most calls fell the Vikings way.  The roughing call was Cr@p.

But the Packers gave it away.

And Wades and Sultan need to go to neutral corners.  You don't win on internet boards.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #429 on: September 16, 2018, 04:07:00 PM »
Chargers are averaging 10 yards per play so far on offense. This Bills team has 0-16 potential.

A couple weeks ago, Bruce Smith was in the foursome behind me.  He's a little gray and 40lbs lighter than his playing weight, but he would add value to that defense.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #430 on: September 16, 2018, 04:08:38 PM »

That said, most calls fell the Vikings way.  The roughing call was Cr@p.

But the Packers gave it away.

And Wades and Sultan need to go to neutral corners.  You don't win on internet boards.

So what did we learn?

Minnesota + Referee = Green Bay.

Can either of you even consider that you are a) blaming the refs for a game you should have won and b) completely looking at this through 'home team' glasses?  There was the EXACT same roughing the passer call against MN in the first half. The total penalties were 8 for 70yds MN, 7 for 54yds GB.  Y'all sound like UW fans after the Duke game.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #431 on: September 16, 2018, 04:23:56 PM »
Can either of you even consider that you are a) blaming the refs for a game you should have won and b) completely looking at this through 'home team' glasses?  There was the EXACT same roughing the passer call against MN in the first half. The total penalties were 8 for 70yds MN, 7 for 54yds GB.  Y'all sound like UW fans after the Duke game.

Yes, I am a Packer Fan.  I thought the calls leaned against the Packers.

But I'll say it a third time.

Please let me know what else I need to say to not wear the glasses.

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #432 on: September 16, 2018, 04:24:33 PM »
Vontae Davis retired at halftime of Bills game. Changed clothes and just left stadium.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #433 on: September 16, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »
Yes, I am a Packer Fan.  I thought the calls leaned against the Packers.

But I'll say it a third time.

Please let me know what else I need to say to not wear the glasses.
The calls had nothing to do with the outcome......AND each team had plenty of opportunity to win this game but didn't.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 04:26:42 PM by naginiF »

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #434 on: September 16, 2018, 04:26:45 PM »
The calls had nothing to do with the outcome

I don't disagree.  Never said I did.  I think the Packers gave it away.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #435 on: September 16, 2018, 04:32:01 PM »
The calls had nothing to do with the outcome......AND each team had plenty of opportunity to win this game but didn't.

No idea how anyone can say/think that. 

Packers intercepted the ball.  Game was over at that point, they could have ran out the clock. 

A terrible and incorrect roughing the passer call negated that.  Gave the ball back to the vikings. 

In so doing, they changed the outcome of the game.  Now, GB could have bailed the officials out and still won, but the call decided the game would not end there.

Unless that play was obvious and egregious it shouldn't have been called. 

Lighthouse 84

• All American
« Reply #436 on: September 16, 2018, 04:37:28 PM »
There was the EXACT same roughing the passer call against MN in the first half.

Couldn’t agree more Nagin, but that was a horsesh!t call too. Neither should’ve been called roughing the passser. They were both just tackles.

Unless Sultan says differently that is, then we’d obviously have to go with that....
HILLTOP SENIOR SURVEY from 1984 Yearbook: 
Favorite Drinking Establishment:

1. The Avalanche.              7. Major Goolsby's.
2. The Gym.                      8. Park Avenue.
3. The Ardmore.                 9. Mugrack.
4. O'Donohues.                 10. Lighthouse.
5. O'Pagets.
6. Hagerty's.

Archies Bat

• All American
« Reply #437 on: September 16, 2018, 04:45:28 PM »
Unless Sultan says differently that is, then we’d obviously have to go with that....

Truth.

Floorslapper

• All American
« Reply #438 on: September 16, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »
Brutal coaching on the part of McCarthy.  Brutal calls against Green Bay. 
Missed pass interference on Graham long down the sideline.
Turnaround and call an offensive PI against Adams on long completed ball down sideline coming out of his break.
Awful holding penalty called on TD pass to Graham.
Brutal roughing the passer call on Matthews.

Roughing passer call on Vikings was horsecrap too..but that's about the extent of meaningful calls that went against Vikes.

Both teams had opportunities to win.  McCarthy, however, is an awful coach that has been the beneficiary of presiding as head coach during the careers of two of the best QB's of all time.  Everyone has seen what Green Bay is when Rodgers is out.  6-12..I think.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #439 on: September 16, 2018, 05:54:30 PM »

Packers intercepted the ball.  Game was over at that point, they could have ran out the clock. 

A terrible and incorrect roughing the passer call negated that.  Gave the ball back to the vikings. 

Worst officiating I've seen in any sport since the 1971 Ohio State game in the Mideast Regionals when the officiating crew penalized Marquette for "Playing Basketball While Black" and gave the game to Ohio State.

McCarthy really ought to man up, speak out against the officials and take the fine. I know 1 million Packer fans that would contribute to paying it!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #440 on: September 16, 2018, 06:52:59 PM »
I hate clay matthews more than most, and I hate the Pack, but that was a BS roughing call.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #441 on: September 16, 2018, 07:10:50 PM »

In so doing, they changed the outcome of the game.  Now, GB could have bailed the officials out and still won, but the call decided the game would not end there.

Unless that play was obvious and egregious it shouldn't have been called.

exactly.  I know its en vogue to never blame the refs, but that was a game deciding play.  It was shameful.  In a multi billion dollar sport a call like that should come from a box after watching a replay, or it should overruled by someone with a monitor.  If we're going to argue whether or not something is a catch or if someone was out of bounds using replay THEN WHY IN THE HELL ARE WE NOT REVIEWING DOGcrap CALLS THAT RUIN GAMES? 

FAIL MARY.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #442 on: September 16, 2018, 07:12:56 PM »
This NFL season is already one for the books. Let's break it down shall we?

The Browns only taking until week two to completely pull a Browns. Patrick Mahomes. Ryan Fitzpatrick's chest hair. Two ties. Vontae Davis retiring at halftime.

I seriously feel like I'm watching the WWE instead of the NFL.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #443 on: September 16, 2018, 08:26:07 PM »
ten minute OT is dumb.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #444 on: September 16, 2018, 08:27:41 PM »
Matthews penalty was called correctly per the new roughing rules. Drove him into the ground with full body weight = roughing now

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #445 on: September 16, 2018, 08:41:35 PM »
Matthews penalty was called correctly per the new roughing rules. Drove him into the ground with full body weight = roughing now

Yep. Another Roger Special that takes a law degree to call correctly.

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #446 on: September 16, 2018, 08:59:37 PM »

If that’s true, it is nearly impossible not to commit a personal foul in a textbook tackle situation.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #447 on: September 16, 2018, 09:09:45 PM »
I usually am not one to blame the refs, as teams almost always have a chance to overcome bad calls. And the Packers certainly had chances to overcome that one.

But that was as bad a call as I've seen in quite some time. I watched replays of it probably 10x, and it looks less like roughing the passer every time I see it. The ball was intercepted. The game should have been over. The call "cost the Packers the game" as much as any call can cost any team a game.

Disclosure: I have seen others make reference to a similar call against the Vikings earlier in the game and I admit I didn't see it, as I was busy watching my Panthers piss down their legs.

BTW ... nice job by the Vikings' kicker. Nickname is "Clutch," I'm guessing.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MomofMUltiples

• All American
« Reply #448 on: September 16, 2018, 10:35:40 PM »

BTW ... nice job by the Vikings' kicker. Nickname is "Clutch," I'm guessing.

I prefer calling him "Blair"

I mean, OK, maybe he's secretly a serial killer who's pulled the wool over our eyes with his good deeds and smooth jumper - Pakuni (on Markus Howard)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #449 on: September 16, 2018, 10:53:14 PM »

Nonsense.

please explain what super power is needed to NOT land on a QB if you are running straight at him. Maybe Clay should have hovered in the air so he didn’t land on Cousins.