Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: CBS Sports Network  (Read 7585 times)

Jay Bee

• All American
Re: CBS Sports Network
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2023, 07:46:58 PM »
Crying on two different threads about this and then making a thread of it's own.  Someone's mad.

It's about the market.

Its own
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

The Equalizer

• All American
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2023, 08:13:57 PM »
Quote from: ChitownSpaceForRent link=topic=64068.msg1505090#msg1505090 date=
Seriously, whichever TV executive made the decision to put Marquette on CBS Sports more than DePaul and Georgetown shouldn’t have a job come next season.

I know Marquette wasn’t expected to be good this season, but to be on the secondary network more than a team who hasn’t won a Big East game in 2 years or haven’t been in an NCAA tourney in nearly 20? That’s borderline negligence.

FS1 sold 22 Big East games to CBSSN, and to do so, they had to make the package attractive enough for CBSSN to buy it. It wasn't going to happen if they loaded the package up with all the unattractive games. 

UWW2MU

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2023, 09:07:41 PM »
I am mad, I didn’t think that was a secret?

Out of curiosity, does your carrier not have the channel at all or is it that you don't want to pay for it with a higher tier plan?

mu_eyeballs

• Starter
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2023, 09:51:31 PM »
I am just really glad there is a TV option for 99.9% of games.  Not to go all old man...but oh how we have come from following the sports scores on headline news bottom scroll.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2023, 09:57:26 PM »
YTTV HAS Fox FS1 FS2 CBSSN. It will solve alot of problems.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2023, 10:20:07 PM »

Spring for the sports package?

It’s like the only sports channel I don’t have, thus the annoyance

DoctorV

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2023, 10:42:42 PM »
It’s like the only sports channel I don’t have, thus the annoyance

I’ve got CBS sports net and I enjoy their production, even though it seems like I’m in the minority on that.

I can see how it would be annoying as an avid fan to have so many games on that network, but I suggest turning this into an opportunity.

3PM on a Saturday afternoon seems perfect for a trip to your local pub to grab a burger and several brews- maybe try to hit up one of the spots that’s known to show the Marquette games

TheTulsaWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2023, 11:36:01 PM »
Over the years cable companies and their "special sports" packaging has been a constant battle.  The only way to keep ahead of them is calling prior to the season and playing "Lets Make a Deal."  This year I moved to a community that has a publicly own high speed fiber network and bought YouTube TV streaming.  I'm saving money and I don't have to deal with Xfinity's annual BS. (FYI, the community fiber optic network does not charge extra for consuming extra gigs or throttle back my connection speed.  Welcome to what this century's Internet service should be.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2023, 11:55:52 PM »
I agree regarding DePaul, but Georgetown still draws the biggest ratings in the league. Many viewers haven't realized it's not 2013 anymore.

I don’t get this. Who outside of GT alums wants to watch GT basketball? And most of the GT alums can’t want to watch GT basketball right now either. DC isn’t that big of a market either.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2023, 12:03:45 AM »
I don’t get this. Who outside of GT alums wants to watch GT basketball? And most of the GT alums can’t want to watch GT basketball right now either. DC isn’t that big of a market either.

If Georgetown were good they would rank behind only Kentucky & Duke
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2023, 12:55:28 AM »
Cord cutting is easier than ever.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2023, 01:38:55 AM »
If Georgetown were good they would rank behind only Kentucky & Duke

They could go on a 5game streak and get here lol
Maigh Eo for Sam

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2023, 05:45:24 AM »
I can’t recall the exact ranking but the Washington TV market is top 10 for sure.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2023, 08:05:17 AM »
I am just really glad there is a TV option for 99.9% of games.  Not to go all old man...but oh how we have come from following the sports scores on headline news bottom scroll.

It’s great. Don’t live in Wisconsin, but watching MU (at home) is always easy.

Dawson’s current team Minnesota regularly has several games each year without tv. Always been that way and still is today. It’s shameful
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

connie

• All American
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2023, 09:10:17 AM »
This is why God invented bars with tv's.
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

panda

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2023, 09:11:25 AM »
Just wait until the big east transitions to peacock

tower912

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2023, 09:27:28 AM »
FS1 sold 22 Big East games to CBSSN, and to do so, they had to make the package attractive enough for CBSSN to buy it. It wasn't going to happen if they loaded the package up with all the unattractive games.

It would seem CBSSN chose wisely.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2023, 09:32:47 AM »
This might be the most laughable topic in recent board history.  Marquette is on television every game - we should all be happy about that.  CBS has been broadcasting the NCAA tournament since 1982.  CBS Sports Network dedicates numerous hours a week to college basketball and produces a nightly highlight show with an excellent panel of analysts.  Are you not getting the channel in high definition?  Does Milwaukee not feature it as part its cable package?  Did Dickey Simpkins move to CBSSN?  What am I missing?  This thread is nugatory!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2023, 09:40:59 AM »
^^^^^^^
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

NCMUFan

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2023, 09:46:14 AM »
Just upgrade your cable package to include CBS-SN if MU BB is important enough to you.
I believe our record with games shown on CBS-SN is pretty impressive.
Just saying, if they win on CBS-SN more than other network showings, all for showing on CBS-SN.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2023, 09:48:41 AM »
Reminds me of this

Eye

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2023, 10:43:03 AM »

That wasn't that long ago. That was still a thing in the mid-90s. Early 20s at the time, so other things of greater interest some nights. Recall staying up about two hours past bar time one night to finally get an MU - I think Tulane score on CNN Headline News. And missing a large chunk of a game in the mid-90s because some coach was running up the score in a D3 football game. The MU - UC '97 C-USA semi was not on TV. Had to listen it to it vaguely coming in from a really cold car on WLW.
GO WARRIORS!

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2023, 10:50:54 AM »
This might be the most laughable topic in recent board history.  Marquette is on television every game - we should all be happy about that.  CBS has been broadcasting the NCAA tournament since 1982.  CBS Sports Network dedicates numerous hours a week to college basketball and produces a nightly highlight show with an excellent panel of analysts.  Are you not getting the channel in high definition?  Does Milwaukee not feature it as part its cable package?  Did Dickey Simpkins move to CBSSN?  What am I missing?  This thread is nugatory!

The entire broadcast of the Providence game was a MU love affair, cbssn made that decision with the final 4 team ceremony in mind. If I was a PC fan it definitely would've bothered me: crean interview during game play (wtf), coverage of the final 4 team, lots of time dedicated to applauding marquette. All of that on a nationally broadcast game, and still complaints from MU fans. It cracks me up how much people take issue with the broadcast, no one is making you watch.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2023, 11:39:20 AM »
The upgrade to include CBSSN for me would be about $30/mo, so I haven’t done it considering it would literally be just for this half dozen games. When I see that games are on CBSSN I go “oh goddammit” but I still count myself lucky that for all intents and purposes, FS1 is otherwise the Marquette basketball channel. We’ve been spoiled between the fox contract and the old pre-ESPN+ espn3 world in that almost all Marquette games have been available with any package that includes espn and FS1. Having to schlep to a bar for these couple games is a pretty small price to pay. I have a feeling that whenever the next BEast broadcast deal gets signed, accessibility is going to get worse, not better.

Hallmarq

• Walk-On
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2023, 11:43:16 AM »
I dont know about you, but every time I go to a bar it costs more than $30.