collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wedding Advice  (Read 7384 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Re: Wedding Advice
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2023, 03:22:57 PM »
Thanks for resurrecting this thread.  I had totally forgotten about it.

Chick Jr. recently announced her engagement, and these tips will come in handy.

One thing I didn't see addressed:  Has anyone planned a winter wedding?  It's an option she is considering, and I am wondering how well that will work in Milwaukee.  Also, are venues, catering, etc. that much less expensive in the Winter to make it worth it?
Have some patience, FFS.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2023, 04:00:33 PM »
Congrats Wades!

Damn ... my invitation musta gotten lost in the mail. But it sounds like a great event anyway. Congrats to you and mrs. wades.

Congratulations!  Did Da Judge officiate?

Thank you all!  Dajudge did not officiate the wedding.  We decided we wanted him to be able to just enjoy the weekend rather than have to officiate it, even though we knew he would've been more than happy to do it and would've done a great job.  Him and my now FIL did very nice, relatively quick welcome speeches to open dinner.  We had my wife's former pastor officiate it, and he did a great job.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2023, 04:41:09 PM »
Happy for you wades, I hope you two have many wonderful years together

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.  I had totally forgotten about it.

Chick Jr. recently announced her engagement, and these tips will come in handy.

One thing I didn't see addressed:  Has anyone planned a winter wedding?  It's an option she is considering, and I am wondering how well that will work in Milwaukee.  Also, are venues, catering, etc. that much less expensive in the Winter to make it worth it?

I've been to a lot of weddings and the only Winter wedding I've been to was in Atlanta. I'm assuming you're talking about up north?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2023, 04:41:50 PM »
Yep. In Milwaukee.
Have some patience, FFS.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2023, 04:43:25 PM »
Definitely inside.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2023, 04:43:55 PM »
Yep. In Milwaukee.

From what I saw when looking around, it seemed as though you would save about $1,000-$1,500 on the venue.  I didn't see any catering where it saved any money, but the Pritzlaff only had a list of 5 caterers they worked with and we had a family connection to one, so we didn't do a ton of research into other catering options.

I haven't been to a winter wedding, but I've seen pictures from other peoples' winter weddings and there are some pretty awesome pictures if it's snowing outside.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2023, 04:57:57 PM »
Congrats. Hope you have 50 great years.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #107 on: November 02, 2023, 06:43:28 PM »

COLE. What's wrong with 51 years?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

CreightonWarrior

• Starter
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2023, 07:13:04 PM »
Should’ve just done saz’s sampler platters for late night snacks!

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2023, 08:31:04 PM »
Congratulations. So what was the first dance song?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2023, 08:41:06 PM »

Congratulations. So what was the first dance song?

Thank you!

Rose of Sharon by Mumford and Sons

panda

• All American
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2023, 09:28:00 PM »
Congrats ! Who was your photographer

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2023, 09:28:20 PM »
Missouri Swingers Club status? 

Congrats!

melissasmooth

• Team Captain
  • yeah
« Reply #113 on: November 03, 2023, 08:52:40 AM »
Thank you!

Rose of Sharon by Mumford and Sons

:)
MU15

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2023, 09:57:37 AM »
Speaking of judges, if you are contemplating that, I highly recommend Derek Mosley.  He's not on the bench anymore, but still does weddings. 

He married into my niece's family, and also did my neice's wedding.  He does a great job... and got to know him a bit as we are connected through marriage...kind of a 3rd cousin in-law, 4 times removed.   :D

Give him a lookover if a judge is up your alley.  Added "benefit"...as some of you probably know, he is an MU law alum and is now teaching at MU since he left the bench.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2023, 09:59:34 AM by real chili 83 »

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2023, 03:20:17 PM »

You may not get better prices on everything, but you can plan a winter event with shorter notice and be much more likely to have all of your preferred vendors, locations, etc. available.  The summer months book up fast.
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #116 on: November 03, 2023, 04:23:43 PM »
We were pretty surprised, October had less openings than August for us.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2023, 07:21:53 AM »
We are at it again. My son is to be married May 11th. He and his fiancé selected a barn outside Oconomowoc for their venue. So far, so good.

Looks like another really nice wedding in the making.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2023, 08:48:44 AM »
dgies

Our youngest son is getting married in June. They have opted for a very small wedding and I am excited for their big day. Our first son had a very big wedding, middle son got married in courthouse (during pandemic) and we have a family party a year later and now a small wedding coming up. We still have our daughter left and do not think she will be getting married anytime soon.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2023, 09:05:55 AM »
2024 looks like a big year for weddings.   My daughter is getting married in May in Baltimore.   

Congratulations, dads.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #120 on: November 05, 2023, 09:35:07 AM »
Are we sure this thread is a good idea?

👇👇👇👇👇👇👇

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #121 on: November 05, 2023, 05:46:13 PM »
. We still have our daughter left and do not think she will be getting married anytime soon.
I would assume there are some "eligible" bachelors here on scoop.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2023, 06:52:49 PM »
dgies

Our youngest son is getting married in June. They have opted for a very small wedding and I am excited for their big day. Our first son had a very big wedding, middle son got married in courthouse (during pandemic) and we have a family party a year later and now a small wedding coming up. We still have our daughter left and do not think she will be getting married anytime soon.

Congrats Goose!

Perhaps we can celebrate our children's good fortune in Phoenix in late March/early April!

That won't be the only thing we celebrate but one of at least two!

Goose

• All American
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2023, 01:35:00 AM »
Wades

Sir Lawrence asked the question I was thinking about has well. Glad the wedding went off well.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2023, 09:45:08 AM »
Wades

Sir Lawrence asked the question I was thinking about has well. Glad the wedding went off well.

Thank you!  It was definitely a consideration and would have been special, but I wanted him to just enjoy the weekend even though he would've loved to have done it.  The person who officiated it did a great job, and Da Judge and my FIL gave very nice welcome speeches ahead of dinner.  And by Da Judge's standards, he even followed the request of keeping it short!

Congrats to you on the son's wedding.  Hopefully more grandkids to come.

feedback