[Today at 11:36:18 AM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 11:23:04 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Just Like Wearin' IU Shorts  (Read 13851 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Just Like Wearin' IU Shorts
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »
Friends of mine from overseas always thought that our country's obsession with our flag was interesting. Thinks like the "pledge of allegiance" don't exist in most other nations. They found it to be very propaganda-like and brainwashy.

When you don't have much to cheer about, it's easy to poke at the bear...or the eagle.  Human nature.

I concur with others, the Canadian anthem is fantastic.   

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #51 on: May 10, 2016, 09:54:40 AM »
When you don't have much to cheer about, it's easy to poke at the bear...or the eagle.  Human nature.

LOL. Yes, other countries only criticize us because they have nothing to cheer about. Higher life expectancy, higher rates of education, lower poverty, universal healthcare. They are just jealous.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #52 on: May 10, 2016, 09:58:31 AM »
LOL. Yes, other countries only criticize us because they have nothing to cheer about. Higher life expectancy, higher rates of education, lower poverty, universal healthcare. They are just jealous.

Universal Health Care?  The US?  Isn't the US the only first world country without it?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2016, 09:59:42 AM »
Universal Health Care?  The US?  Isn't the US the only first world country without it?

That's my point.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2016, 10:02:42 AM »

It was meant to be tongue in cheek, but yes there is some jealousy.   By the way, all of them would be speaking German right now and waving one particular flag.......if it weren't for us.   It's so wonderful one of the main anchors is voting whether to pull out next month.  I could combat every one of your claims with offsetting ones, but we'll let it ride. 

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2016, 10:04:34 AM »

Nope

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2016, 10:12:26 AM »
.... 70% tax rates....
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2016, 10:16:41 AM »
It was meant to be tongue in cheek, but yes there is some jealousy.   By the way, all of them would be speaking German right now and waving one particular flag.......if it weren't for us.   It's so wonderful one of the main anchors is voting whether to pull out next month.  I could combat every one of your claims with offsetting ones, but we'll let it ride.

Not German, but Russian. 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2016, 10:23:08 AM »
In case this wasn't mentioned, DWade apologized.  Didn't mean any disrespect.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15497452/dwyane-wade-miami-heat-apologizes-anthem-flap-toronto

Word has it that he might have been wearing IU jockstrap, however.

Coleman

• All American
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2016, 10:23:45 AM »

No doubt we changed the course of WWI and WWII.

Just like we probably would not have gained independence without France's help. We'd be Canada South with the queen on our bills.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2016, 10:32:08 AM »
In case this wasn't mentioned, DWade apologized.  Didn't mean any disrespect.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15497452/dwyane-wade-miami-heat-apologizes-anthem-flap-toronto

Word has it that he might have been wearing IU jockstrap, however.

I'm a Wade fan, and I really don't think this is that big of a deal.  But that apology is so tortured:  "I apologize for Canada thinking I would disrespect them as a country."  The funny thing is, I believe Wade is genuinely sorry for what he did.  Often I see public figures apologize and I think they are insincere.  I don't get that from Wade (maybe my own bias).  I simply don't understand what is so difficult about saying, "I'm sorry for what I did" instead of "I'm sorry for what others think about what I did."  But he apologized, and that's a good thing.  Hopefully this dies now.  I'll be watching the introductions on game 5, though.

Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2016, 06:02:10 PM »
Doubtful. If you ask our friends to the west, he was coaching their team for the last 15 years.

C'mon now. God  is not an adulterer.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2016, 08:06:56 PM »
God may not choose favorite basketball teams, but there's no question he hates Notre Dame.
Don't we all!
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2016, 08:15:43 PM »
C'mon now. God  is not an adulterer.

God don't hang out at Autozone either.

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2016, 08:43:24 PM »

And no friggin good chili.  All that other crap is noise.