Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: fulce  (Read 8139 times)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
Re: fulce
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 10:55:57 PM »
Wasn't there, but the injury looked terrible on TV.  Knee looked like it buckled at about a 65 degree angle.  Considering the myriad of surgeries already done and the lack of ligaments/cartilage left in there, I think recovery from this would be extremely difficult. 

Just awful to see, especially with Joe being Buzz's first recruit and the de facto face of the program on campus (at least amongst the students).  The guy genuinely loves, LOVES being part of the Marquette community, and you can see it every day with how he interacts with his teammates and other students (even if the Spanish O'Donnells videos may suck).

In terms of on-court, I think this is a very bad injury, especially with our struggles rebounding.  Joe just brings a different aspect/energy to the game, and is very efficient on the offensive end.  His length makes a huge difference on the glass.  Not sure if EWill or Jamail can fill that void, but we're gonna have to turn them loose, and hope that our other posts guys can step it up as well. 
The General has taken on a new command.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »
Based on some things... I think he is done. 

Such a great kid.  He'll help the team from the bench if nothing else.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 11:24:00 PM »
Based on some things... I think he is done. 

Such a great kid.  He'll help the team from the bench if nothing else.

Buzz broke down on the postgame. Said the team had already left for the hospital and that he was going there right after the show. Didn't look good in person, didn't sound good on the postgame.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 11:24:41 PM »
Sounds terrible from the accounts here.  Hoping the best for the young man...I'm sure this is especially painful to Buzz due to their long relationship.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2010, 11:40:57 PM »
In the article Buzz says his knee is shot, completely shot.

Really sucks

PaintTouches

• All American
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2010, 11:46:30 PM »

I was taking pictures right on the baseline, I don't know if it was season ending but poor Joe was in the most pain I have ever experienced someone be in first hand. The worst part was having the whole stadium silent and hearing him struggle. Such a good guy too. Here's hoping for the best.

T-Bone

• All American
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2010, 11:50:25 PM »
Such a great kid.  I'm crushed for him, as I think the entire MU community is.  Chin up.  Hope Joe can finish his career at MU on the floor.  If not, then on a stage getting his diploma. 

The two quietest moments at the BC I've seen in one game - the other was the moment of silence for Hank. 
I'm like a turtle, sometimes I get run over by a semi.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 07:21:02 AM »
From my vantage point, it looked like his knee just completely gave out. The BC was eerily quiet and listening to him scream was hard to swallow (my wife's eyes actually welled up). The fans are aware of how much Joe had gone through in the past few seasons just to get back onto the court. You could also tell how much his teammates care about him considering how many of them went over just to give him a pat on the head as he was leaving the court. I really feel for him and wish him the best in his recovery.

NersEllenson

• All American
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2010, 08:01:44 AM »
Get well Joe!  God speed on the recovery.  Let's just hope Joe can live a normal life and be able to get around well once he recovers..and that he is not permanently debilitated from all of the trauma to his knees.  Great kid.  Perhaps Buzz will keep him in the program as an assistant of some variety.
"I'm not sure Cadougan would fix the problems on this team. I'm not even convinced he would be better for this team than DeWil is."

BrewCity77, December 8, 2013

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 08:22:34 AM »
The BC was eerily quiet and listening to him scream was hard to swallow. The fans are aware of how much Joe had gone through in the past few seasons just to get back onto the court.

+1

The air was definitely sucked out of the BC as soon as this happened and lasted for a few minutes even after play resumed.

I dont think I have ever felt for a guy more than I did for Joe last night. With all the injuries he as struggled with and overcame, for this to happen his senior year... it just sucks. Joe is a great guy and deserves a better senior season then what he is going to get now. I wish him nothing but the best for his basketball career and, more importantly, his life outside of the gym. Hopefully, should he decide to, he could make it back onto the court sometime this year.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 08:25:35 AM »
Nobody said a word in the Bradley Center. You were just hearing Joe yelling in pain.  :'( :'(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 09:16:44 AM by mupanther »
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

reinko

• All American
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 11:31:50 AM »
Tweet from Joe "Don't believe everything u hear.  Go MU"

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 11:59:21 AM »
I was at the Al at 10:00 a.m.  Saw him on crutches.  Asked him "how bad is it?"  His response was "don't yet know."  

He seemed to be in good spirits.
Ludum habemus.

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2010, 12:00:59 PM »
Tweet from Joe "Don't believe everything u hear.  Go MU"

Hmmmmmmm........
So we shouldn't believe hearing his screaming on the floor? Or that his knee is shot? Or that it just got bumped?
Poor kid, I really hope this tweet is possibly good news but wow he was hurting. My kid had her eyes covered, couldn't watch.
MU-dom is crossing fingers and praying for you, Joe!

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 12:31:00 PM »
Or that his knee is shot?

For the record, I beleive the context of Buzz's quote that his knee was shot was referring to the status of his knee *before* the collision.  So is it "more shot" now?  We don't know yet.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111505879.html
On whether Joe Fulce's injury occurred when he appeared to bang knees with an opposing player: "No. He's got a shot knee; it's been shot. I would say it's completely shot. That's all I know."

warriors1991

• Team Captain
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2010, 12:33:43 PM »
I'm certainly hoping you're right, Rocky. He was in a lot of pain last night but if that tweet is real, maybe there's a tiny glimmer of hope for Joe.

feedback