MUScoop > The Superbar

Mailman gift?

(1/3) > >>

mu_hilltopper:
We were at a party down the block, and suddenly this guy I don't recognize says "Hi, I'm Dave the mailman."  .. I figured it was something out of Seinfeld, like he was calling himself the Maestro .. but then I realized, wait a minute, he's Dave, our Mailman.

So now we know the guy .. very nice guy.  We've never given out an xmas gift to our mailguy before .. what's the protocol?  I read they can't take cash .. so far all I can think of is a bottle of booze.

So .. anyone else gift your postman?  What's a good gift?

SoCalwarrior:
Wow, similar thing happened to me today.  I gave my mailman some mail, but one of the envelopes needed more postage that I didn't have.  He said not to worry and that he would buy an extra stamp himself.  Before leaving he asked what I was getting him for Christmas. :-[

spiral97:
might I suggest the following time proven postman loved items?

bean:
I didn't see this thread until after Christmas, but I thought I would share.

Postal Carriers are not supposed to accept cash, but the U.S. Postal Service does allow people to be nice during the holidays and they accept the fact that it happens.  The USPS asks that gratuities have a cash value no more than $20.

I usually just throw $10 in a card with a thank you note.  It's easier that way because I can just put the card in the mailbox (I'm usually not home when the mail is delivered), and he can spend it any way he wants to.  I'll get a hand written thank you card in my mailbox for him within a couple of days. 

Some people also write a letter of appreciation to the supervisor.

mu_hilltopper:
I ended up buying him a bottle of booze. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version