[Today at 05:59:48 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by Jay Bee
[Today at 05:37:37 PM]

Recruiting as of 5/15/24 by JakeBarnes
[Today at 04:41:29 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[Today at 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Just heard from Texas Ad that...  (Read 5622 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Re: Just heard from Texas Ad that...
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 03:01:32 PM »
I think it was pretty clear newsdrms pulled that out of his arse and was joking. As in, that was not a serious rumor.
Second time I say, thought it was clear teal was not needed.... :P
Goal is National Championship

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 03:06:53 PM »
Care to share what those circumstances might be, Leonard?

It's as easy as ABC, Crash.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 03:23:38 PM »
First, decades passed between Rick leaving Marquette and coaching at SLU. Ditto for KO and Arizona or USC. Second,  most of the people here who knew Rick and Kevin liked them. That's not true about TC. I know you think that's not "fair", that you think, for example, that KO did more to be despised than TC. But among the people who knew both it's clear you've lost that argument. Despite his glaring faults, they find KO real and can't say the same about TC. That's not gonna change no matter how long you shake your fists, stamp you feet and hold your breath.

Oh, believe me, I get why, that is obvious.  Like minded people hang around with like people, that doesn't surprise me one bit in terms of their opinions about someone else.  Yup, those guys left "decades ago" but they still coached.    In fact, KO coached at USC in 2013...as in this calendar year.   TC left 6 years ago.  It seems to me the perfect storm should have been that MU goes to the Final Four and TC leaves, making us a step stone program again.  That ultimately is what he should have done....preferably in July like Rick did.

What is ironic as hell is that in the other thread you said you couldn't like a person that was a complete prick to some in his profession, but ok outside of it.  Yet here you are saying that's EXACTLY what you did with K.O., one of the biggest pricks out there.  Oh is that some delicious irony.

KO was "real" alright, a regular awesome dude that would have put MU as a Catholic institution back a decade if some of his exploits ever hit the airwaves.  Keepin it real.  Thank God cell phone cameras weren't around.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 03:39:31 PM »

What is ironic as hell is that in the other thread you said you couldn't like a person that was a complete prick to some in his profession, but ok outside of it.  Yet here you are saying that's EXACTLY what you did with K.O., one of the biggest pricks out there.  Oh is that some delicious irony.

Sometime the job description requires being tough. Never said I wasn't okay with that. Not a fan, though, of the guy who beats up on the secretaries. Only know that about TC. If KO did it, he's a prick too.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 09:53:39 AM »
I take anyone Texas might be interested in seriously, because they feel they can hire anyone. See also: Nick Saban possibly leaving Alabama for Texas.

I can vouch for this attitude. Longhorn truly believe they are the most elite program in football and basketball. They recognize that they don't have the success to back that claim in basketball but truly believe that if they wanted to care about basketball, then they are more desirable than any other program
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

feedback