[May 21, 2024, 11:51:36 PM]

Tyler Kolek and Oso Ighodaro NBA Combine by DoctorV
[May 21, 2024, 11:33:38 PM]

Big East response to NCAA antitrust settlement by MUbiz
[May 21, 2024, 05:59:48 PM]

NIL Future by muwarrior69
[May 21, 2024, 11:39:44 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Tom Brady cries over being picked in the 6th round.  (Read 5466 times)

HouWarrior

• All American
Tom Brady cries over being picked in the 6th round.
« on: April 15, 2011, 03:15:09 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGF4l3hcgBg

Correct me, didnt Brady have a fairly unspectacular career at Michigan.

After super bowl mvps, the big $$, and supermodels.....should we have to watch this and empathize over the really tough few extra hours he pained, over his draft position. Geeeez, Tom, .....shake it off, man up, and be a QB/leader.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:26:58 PM by mu_hilltopper »
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

ATWizJr

• All American
Re: Tom Brady crys over being picked in the 6th round.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:37:42 PM »
Consider yourself corrected.  See Michigan vs. Alabama as one example.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 09:50:21 PM by ATWizJr »

Plaque Lives Matter!

• Starter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 03:43:21 PM »
The hair must make him more sensitive.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 03:44:26 PM »
I believe he split time at Michigan with Drew Henson. I don't think Brady necessarily had an unspectacular career. I think he was just overshadowed by the golden boy of the time.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 03:48:51 PM »

After super bowl mvps, the big $$, and supermodels.....should we have to watch this and empathize over the really tough few extra hours he pained, over his draft position. Geeeez, Tom, .....shake it off, man up, and be a QB/leader.

He was a great California HS QB...also drafted by the Expos in baseball.  Overall good athlete

He started his last two years for Michigan...he was pretty good.  Not great, but pretty good college QB.

The high school video is funny

http://www.perucelulares.com/celulares/2_wrlz3O2lg/Tom-Brady-High-School-Recruiting-Video.html

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 04:22:29 PM »
Consider yourself corrected.  See Michiga vs. Alabama as one example.
Well, true enough, ...you chose his last, and statistically best game of his college career.

His stats compare favorably with John Stocco, ...similar yards and TDs, with fewer interceptions. To me, Brady never looked like he had much for pro potential, in college.

wiki notes:
...." One scout wrote about Brady prior to the draft in a scouting report that Tom had "Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm."[8] When Brady arrived at the Foxboro, Massachusetts in the summer of 2000, the Patriots at the time already had three quarterbacks on the roster so Brady didn't have a guarantee of even making the team, but he ended up played well in preseason and training camp and won the third quarterback roster spot. He only appeared in one game as a rookie and completed one pass.".....

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 04:41:50 PM »
Well, true enough, ...you chose his last, and statistically best game of his college career.

His stats compare favorably with John Stocco, ...similar yards and TDs, with fewer interceptions. To me, Brady never looked like he had much for pro potential, in college.

wiki notes:
...." One scout wrote about Brady prior to the draft in a scouting report that Tom had "Poor build, very skinny and narrow, lacks mobility and the ability to avoid the rush, lacks a really strong arm."[8] When Brady arrived at the Foxboro, Massachusetts in the summer of 2000, the Patriots at the time already had three quarterbacks on the roster so Brady didn't have a guarantee of even making the team, but he ended up played well in preseason and training camp and won the third quarterback roster spot. He only appeared in one game as a rookie and completed one pass.".....

Sounds like what some of the Badgers football coaches said about Tony Romo as a high school player growing up in the state of Wisconsin.  They didn't think he could play.  LOL

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 11:05:17 AM »

You don't "have to watch" anything. Why do you care? Is it written that being a QB/leader (especially one of te best ever) means you are not allowed to have emotions?

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 09:23:02 PM »
You don't "have to watch" anything. Why do you care? Is it written that being a QB/leader (especially one of te best ever) means you are not allowed to have emotions?
You make part of my point exactly. Brady is one of the best ever, with super bowls, MVPs and a world of NFL success. His emotion of crying 10 years later, wasnt caring for another person, his wife, kids, teammates or even what he's acheived. He himself was the sole focus of his "emotion". His "emotion" is hanging on to a personal ego slight, which is irrelevant to all of us, but him, who has foolishly hung on to crying over a scouting/draft error made by others, ten years ago. Narcissistic, and quite unbecoming, ill befitting of man of subsequent acheivement, or of any "leader".

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2011, 09:51:20 PM »

wiki notes:

I'd say the scouts were wrong, wouldn't you?

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 10:00:30 PM »
Sounds like what some of the Badgers football coaches said about Tony Romo as a high school player growing up in the state of Wisconsin.  They didn't think he could play.  LOL

Along with every other Big Ten team...and MAC team...and top level FCS teams.  Chalk it up to being on a pretty obscure high school team that was very bad his senior year.

Furthermore, he was in the same class as Brooks Bollinger, who was a four year starter for UW so I'm not exactly sure they ever wished they had Romo.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 10:12:18 AM »
You make part of my point exactly. Brady is one of the best ever, with super bowls, MVPs and a world of NFL success. His emotion of crying 10 years later, wasnt caring for another person, his wife, kids, teammates or even what he's acheived. He himself was the sole focus of his "emotion".

I would suggest you may want to watch it again, as according to your first viewing, it is mere coincidence that he started crying when he started to talk about his parents being with him at the time.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 10:31:21 AM »
I would suggest you may want to watch it again, as according to your first viewing, it is mere coincidence that he started crying when he started to talk about his parents being with him at the time.
My point was made. You disagree. I see him as self focused, and you dont. Thanks for the viewpoint.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 11:45:53 AM »
His senior year at Michigan he began the season splitting time with Drew Henson.  Brady eventually took over after Henson got Michigan into a deep hole in one game and Brady led them out of it (at Indiana, I believe).  After that Brady led Michigan to a number of comebacks that season (at Penn State and over Alabama in the Orange Bowl).  He ended his senior year with a 63% completion percentage with 20 touchdowns to just 6 interceptions.  I'd say that's a pretty good senior year.  He had proven himself as a college quarterback who wins, yet there were 6 quarterbacks taken above him in the draft and he fell to the 6th round.  When you're falling that far, you don't know if you're going to get drafted.  That was probably a pretty lonely feeling.

As far as him being self-centered and not being a true leader, I think the fact that he has 3 Super Bowls speaks for itself.  I've never been in the situation, but I would think when a guy like Drew Beldsoe goes down and you're a quarterback with very little experience, it would be a very tough situation to step into and succeed.  A lot of players probably doubt what the team can achieve when the starting quarterback goes down.  I think Brady did an OK job of filling in, which I think is a definite sign of his leadership even as a very inexperienced NFL quarterback.

If there were 6 quarterbacks better than him in that draft then he must have worked his butt off to get where he is.  I personally have to respect that.  I get that he might not have the most likeable personality, but I really don't understand how you can question his leadership.  I also think that almost every star professional athlete has to be "full of themselves."  They have to think they are good.  It comes with the territory.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 01:48:00 PM »
My point was made. You disagree. I see him as self focused, and you dont. Thanks for the viewpoint.

I don't know Tom Brady, so I cannot speak for how he is as a person. He might be a terrible guy, I don't know.

However, if being "self focused" can get you 3 superbowl titles (the ultimate team award) and numerous other individual awards, well, then sign me up.

ringout

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 05:41:01 PM »

I had the same take.  I thought he was emotional talking about the effect it had on his parents, and how strongly they supported him.

HouWarrior

• All American
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 05:52:22 PM »
Can you imagine seeing Bart Starr, 10 years into his career, crying into a camera, about being picked 199th, much lower than Brady. Or Johny Unitas, picked in the 9th round, etc. doing the same?  I cant.
This thread is one of pure personal opinion, incapable of resolution, by objective fact analysis. I enjoy and respect every Brady supporter/apologist...in general I have no rooting interest on the man one way or the other.
The post was made, after a Houston radio show had a listeners poll rate this video as the stupidest video of the month, by a 62% percent clip, among 4 entries. I agreed with that group. I am glad, the subject spurred some blood circulation.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 07:21:30 PM »

Along with every other Big Ten team...and MAC team...and top level FCS teams.  Chalk it up to being on a pretty obscure high school team that was very bad his senior year.

Furthermore, he was in the same class as Brooks Bollinger, who was a four year starter for UW so I'm not exactly sure they ever wished they had Romo.

No Sultan, it was because Wisconsin didn't think he was good enough. Come on!

reinko

• All American
Re: Tom Brady cries over being picked in the 6th round.
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 08:31:49 PM »
I live in Boston, and local beat is Tom has acted like pretty boy for about 18 months, and this just adds to it.  The natives are getting restless out here.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
I live in Boston, and local beat is Tom has acted like pretty boy for about 18 months, and this just adds to it.  The natives are getting restless out here.

Well then, that's pathetic. If memory serves, they guy received every single MVP vote that was cast. Not sure how much more he could do on the football field, with a supporting cast that was honestly very average. If people don't like his hair, that's on them.

ATWizJr

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »
I live in Boston, and local beat is Tom has acted like pretty boy for about 18 months, and this just adds to it.  The natives are getting restless out here.
 I live in RI.  That's not the feeling down here.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 06:59:06 AM by ATWizJr »

SaintPaulWarrior

• All American
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2011, 02:23:51 PM »

I had the same take.  I thought he was emotional talking about the effect it had on his parents, and how strongly they supported him.

Both 100% correct.  He was talking about how much support he got from his parents and his blubbering had more to do with his parents than himself.  It is pretty plain to see.

JTBMU7

• All American
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 07:35:55 PM »
agreed. he was crying about how supportive his parents were during a tough time, not about getting passed over. besides, who cares if he cried about how he felt that day? it was ten years ago, he got nostalgic, move on.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 07:43:39 PM »

Wow. Talk about spoiled fans.

feedback