[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reseating...  (Read 89382 times)

Ardmore Mug

• All American
Re: Reseating...
« Reply #250 on: June 06, 2017, 09:42:22 PM »
Another good year for seat picking. Got our same seats for the past 7 yrs..   I guess we are lucky, as the others in our row hardly ever leave during the game.  It will be interesting for next year.  Now we walk right in , turn left and right straight to my (our) aisle seats.  Easy in and easy out.  I even have a place for my beer right next to me. Perfecto ! ! !

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #251 on: June 07, 2017, 08:44:12 AM »
I really do hope we get to walk into the new arena next year before we make a decision.  But given the timing I think it'll be difficult.

Strokin 3s

• Team Captain
« Reply #252 on: June 07, 2017, 09:52:54 AM »
Now that this is the last year in the BC, I feel like I can "give away the secret" 441, 425, 419, 403 first two rows....The value of those tickets is sooo much better.  No seat donation, can pick your own seats...etc

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #253 on: June 07, 2017, 12:20:17 PM »
I really do hope we get to walk into the new arena next year before we make a decision.  But given the timing I think it'll be difficult.
At least you will only be stuck with your choice for one year.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2017, 12:59:38 PM »
At least you will only be stuck with your choice for one year.

True dat.

MUWarrior4Life

• Team Captain
  • Pro Deo Et Patria
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2017, 01:43:13 PM »
I ended up with better seat this time around, my normal seats were gobbled up already.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2017, 01:50:36 PM »
Now that this is the last year in the BC, I feel like I can "give away the secret" 441, 425, 419, 403 first two rows....The value of those tickets is sooo much better.  No seat donation, can pick your own seats...etc

I was second row in 441 for a season about 5-6 years ago. Loved it, but those seats were never available to me again. Also great are the first rows above the gap in those sections. There's enough of an elevation divide that no one can block your view and it's only 4 seat rows so you don't have to go past a bunch of people to get in or out.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2017, 02:02:17 PM »
With all those extra lower bowl seats in the new arena, MU B&G is going to have a windfall in their coffers.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2017, 02:20:53 PM »
With all those extra lower bowl seats in the new arena, MU B&G is going to have a windfall in their coffers.

How do you figure that?  People aren't even buying all the lower bowl seats now.
Have some patience, FFS.

WI inferiority Complexes

• Team Captain
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2017, 04:04:23 PM »

I've sat in 441 for the past 11 seasons.  $275/seat with no donation.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »

Yep .. it'll be very interesting to see what happens on that front.  Wouldn't surprise me if they have more upper deck demand than supply.

Maybe they'll have some back row lowers with no donation required or something.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2017, 05:47:11 PM »
How do you figure that?  People aren't even buying all the lower bowl seats now.

More seats in the lowers, less in the uppers. If the same number of people stay upper, Guru gets pushed back to the top row.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2017, 06:23:38 PM »
More seats in the lowers, less in the uppers. If the same number of people stay upper, Guru gets pushed back to the top row.

I just might, but I suspect in the new arena, the last row won't even be that bad..
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2017, 07:49:51 PM »
Yep .. it'll be very interesting to see what happens on that front.  Wouldn't surprise me if they have more upper deck demand than supply.

Maybe they'll have some back row lowers with no donation required or something.
I don't think there will be 6,000 upper deck demand for season tickets. Many will go to the lower bowl.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

spartan3186

• All American
« Reply #264 on: June 08, 2017, 09:01:06 AM »

Completely agree, this will be the 4th year I've been in those seats. Sad to see them go next year.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #265 on: June 08, 2017, 10:20:24 AM »

You are assuming that they are going jack up the donation for the lower bowl seats that used to be uppers, just because they are now lower bowl seats.  I am not sure that is going to be the case. 
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #266 on: June 08, 2017, 10:32:01 AM »
You are assuming that they are going jack up the donation for the lower bowl seats that used to be uppers, just because they are now lower bowl seats.  I am not sure that is going to be the case.

It will be very interesting to see how they balance things in the new seats. You have excitement around the new arena and hopefully a Top 20 team coming off a tournament run versus an alumni base that is becoming increasingly price sensitive. They also should be mindful of creating a hostile environment for opposing teams and if you price such that a lot of your dependable fans are sitting upstairs leaving the lowers dependent on walk-ups to fill makes for a sad view on camera and an easier place to play.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #267 on: June 08, 2017, 10:33:26 AM »
It will be very interesting to see how they balance things in the new seats. You have excitement around the new arena and hopefully a Top 20 team coming off a tournament run versus an alumni base that is becoming increasingly price sensitive. They also should be mindful of creating a hostile environment for opposing teams and if you price such that a lot of your dependable fans are sitting upstairs leaving the lowers dependent on walk-ups to fill makes for a sad view on camera and an easier place to play.

What report have you read that says alumni are becoming more price sensitive?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #268 on: June 08, 2017, 10:44:49 AM »
What report have you read that says alumni are becoming more price sensitive?

The fact that the pool of STH is going down YoY
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #269 on: June 08, 2017, 11:49:12 AM »
If alumni are becoming more price sensitive, there would be less no-shows for non-conference during the week.

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #270 on: June 08, 2017, 11:55:09 AM »
The fact that the pool of STH is going down YoY

How do you know it's the price and not the quality of the product on the floor?

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #271 on: June 08, 2017, 12:28:55 PM »
Probably both along with the attrition of long-time older STHs.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #272 on: June 08, 2017, 02:32:23 PM »

If quality goes down, sensitivity to price goes up, ergo........

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #273 on: June 09, 2017, 08:01:59 AM »

My initial reaction was that yes, STHs are getting more price sensitive, but I think you're right .. it's the product on the floor that makes them so.

Two seats in the corner amounts to $1450.  That's not a casual purchase.   But I think most STHs would pay $1600, hell $2000, to be back in the Big East (competitively) playing Syracuse, Notre Dame, UConn, Louisville, WVU each year.

It's gonna take a many more years to work out the shine we had 5 to 15 years ago, and reset people's value expectations.  ... We should be more excited to play Butler and Creighton .. but we're not.  :-\

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #274 on: June 09, 2017, 08:34:51 AM »
My initial reaction was that yes, STHs are getting more price sensitive, but I think you're right .. it's the product on the floor that makes them so.

Two seats in the corner amounts to $1450.  That's not a casual purchase.   But I think most STHs would pay $1600, hell $2000, to be back in the Big East (competitively) playing Syracuse, Notre Dame, UConn, Louisville, WVU each year.

It's gonna take a many more years to work out the shine we had 5 to 15 years ago, and reset people's value expectations.  ... We should be more excited to play Butler and Creighton .. but we're not.  :-\

I don't think that's it at all topper. It's not a function of new BEast vs. old BEast, especially with the old unbalanced schedule.  Nobody gave a damn about West Virginia or especially South Florida.  And Creighton, Butler and Xavier are wonderful rivals with great basketball traditions.  And sure it would be great to play the freakin' Domers.

The problem has been watching crappy basketball for too many years.  We have the right to expect our Warriors to compete at the top end of the conference winning the lion's share of our BEast games, especially at home. I remember both sides of this.  I remember the completely unacceptable loss at home against DePaul and the embarrassing whipping by Iowa when we left the BC with 8 minute to go.  I also remember dismantling Xavier and beating Nova.  We need more of the latter.

feedback