[Today at 04:53:31 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by tower912
[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Reseating...  (Read 89377 times)

MUDPT

• All American
Re: Reseating...
« Reply #225 on: June 05, 2017, 07:35:55 PM »
I picked tonight and got my same seats, Row A upstairs in the corner. Seemed like it was same inventory as last year.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2017, 10:37:33 PM »
So, everyone improved or held court but Guru?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #227 on: June 06, 2017, 05:23:14 AM »
So, everyone improved or held court but Guru?

Seriously, I don't know what it is, but it seems like every year we have done this my seats from the previous year have been taken. Interested to see what happens next year and the new arena..I mean, there shouldn't be a bad seat in the house there, right??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2017, 07:57:55 AM »
I can empathize, guru. This is only the second time in the last 7 years that my seats didn't get worse without a price tier upgrade. What always baffled me was the sections more expensive than mine were still full, so if people were dropping down or out, it wasn't helping me any. And while I improved my seats this year, the seats I was in last year were gone before I picked.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #229 on: June 06, 2017, 08:44:03 AM »
There are two problems with isle seats. First you have to get up to let people in and out. The other one, depending on which isle you are on, the people walking up or down the isle can block your view.

Agree.  Last year my other group-mate picked our seats, two stacked on the aisle.   Every effing game, I'd have to get up 20 times to let people in and out. 

.. Our foursome improved about 5 rows this year.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #230 on: June 06, 2017, 08:48:29 AM »
Seriously, I don't know what it is, but it seems like every year we have done this my seats from the previous year have been taken. Interested to see what happens next year and the new arena..I mean, there shouldn't be a bad seat in the house there, right??
One would think the seats at the new arena will be out of this world! About 11,000 in the lower bowl as well.

bradley center bat

• All American
« Reply #231 on: June 06, 2017, 08:50:04 AM »
  Every effing game, I'd have to get up 20 times to let people in and out. 

It's worse at Bucks games.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #232 on: June 06, 2017, 08:52:40 AM »
Agree.  Last year my other group-mate picked our seats, two stacked on the aisle.   Every effing game, I'd have to get up 20 times to let people in and out. 

.. Our foursome improved about 5 rows this year.

I tried aisle last year and felt the same way. Getting up constantly and everyone walks right by you. The only aisles worth being on are either the two-seat aisles in the end zone (207) and the uppers over the entryways (403, 419, 425, 441), provided you are in the 4-seat aisles and you are on the "away from center court" side, which minimizes how much you have to get up as well as keeping people from obstructing your view because they're walking behind your sight line.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #233 on: June 06, 2017, 09:00:54 AM »
I get the aisle complaints, but if you are tall and/or have a wee child at the game, aisles are the way to go.

At least next year there will be cup holders so the spill risk goes down exponentially. Also will be curious as to the leg room....if there's enough leg room I'm going to skip the aisle seats in the new arena I think
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #234 on: June 06, 2017, 09:11:55 AM »
I get the aisle complaints, but if you are tall and/or have a wee child at the game, aisles are the way to go.

At least next year there will be cup holders so the spill risk goes down exponentially. Also will be curious as to the leg room....if there's enough leg room I'm going to skip the aisle seats in the new arena I think

Is this the last year #nored gets in for free?

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #235 on: June 06, 2017, 09:21:29 AM »
Is this the last year #nored gets in for free?

That is correct, he turns two during the season, so really hoping they don't check for ID. If I carry him in and make sure he has a pacifier (he doesn't use them any more except for naps) then I think I can get him past :)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #236 on: June 06, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »
That is correct, he turns two during the season, so really hoping they don't check for ID. If I carry him in and make sure he has a pacifier (he doesn't use them any more except for naps) then I think I can get him past :)

He needs to start scoopin' soon.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #237 on: June 06, 2017, 10:03:36 AM »
He needs to start scoopin' soon.

oh god no, I wouldn't wish this place on anyone let alone my own son.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #238 on: June 06, 2017, 10:22:24 AM »

Blankies and pacifiers can work wonders.  Nobody ever gave my three year old a second look last year... although according to the growth charts, she's as big as a two year old, so volume-wise, I was not in violation.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

NotAnAlum

• All American
« Reply #239 on: June 06, 2017, 11:34:13 AM »

I couldn't be more in agreement.  Normally I take the best row I can get and pot luck on the location which means they put me in the middle.  Last year one game I sat in my buddy's aisle seats and felt like a jack-in-the-box.  Listen people I don't know what you are there for but I go to watch the game, the whole game and nothing but the game.  Its a very intense experience for me.  I do my business and get my food before the game or at half time.  I hate people making me get up and messing with my intensity.  So put me in the middle of the row please. ;D

DienerTime34

• All American
« Reply #240 on: June 06, 2017, 11:37:07 AM »
I couldn't be more in agreement.  Normally I take the best row I can get and pot luck on the location which means they put me in the middle.  Last year one game I sat in my buddy's aisle seats and felt like a jack-in-the-box.  Listen people I don't know what you are there for but I go to watch the game, the whole game and nothing but the game.  Its a very intense experience for me.  I do my business and get my food before the game or at half time.  I hate people making me get up and messing with my intensity.  So put me in the middle of the row please. ;D

I'm there to watch the game and drink beer. So I love sitting on the aisle so I don't need to bother people.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #241 on: June 06, 2017, 11:41:47 AM »
Blankies and pacifiers can work wonders.  Nobody ever gave my three year old a second look last year... although according to the growth charts, she's as big as a two year old, so volume-wise, I was not in violation.

This is where we might be in trouble at 18 months he's taller then a lot of 2.5 year olds. However I'm not anticipating the ticket folks to be super good at identifying age in toddlers

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #242 on: June 06, 2017, 12:20:15 PM »
This is where we might be in trouble at 18 months he's taller then a lot of 2.5 year olds. However I'm not anticipating the ticket folks to be super good at identifying age in toddlers

If someone asks, just pretend to get teary-eyed and say, "He's got an overactive pituitary gland.  The doctor says it will make him freakishly large for his age, but unfortunately, not a particularly good athlete.  For the love of God, don't you think I have enough of a burden without everyone questioning his age?"
Have some patience, FFS.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #243 on: June 06, 2017, 12:57:34 PM »
If someone asks, just pretend to get teary-eyed and say, "He's got an overactive pituitary gland.  The doctor says it will make him freakishly large for his age, but unfortunately, not a particularly good athlete.  For the love of God, don't you think I have enough of a burden without everyone questioning his age?"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #244 on: June 06, 2017, 01:59:42 PM »

The only thing that erks me is when people get up in the middle of a unnatural carnal knowledgeing play. Just wait until a dead ball. God damn

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #245 on: June 06, 2017, 02:18:11 PM »
The only thing that erks me is when people get up in the middle of a unnatural carnal knowledgeing play. Just wait until a dead ball. God damn

This should actually be some sort of enforceable law

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #246 on: June 06, 2017, 02:36:16 PM »

I like to wait until a dead ball to walk up the stairs and watch by the entrance to the section. Sometimes have ushers telling me to get back to my seat or that I can't stand there. It always confuses me.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #247 on: June 06, 2017, 02:38:42 PM »
Yep.  If we're a minute late for the start of the second half, we'll wait at our tunnel landing for the couple of minutes until there's a dead ball. From there it's all of 5 seconds to our seats not 10 steps to our left.

barfolomew

• All American
« Reply #248 on: June 06, 2017, 02:39:15 PM »

I prefer self-policing for that issue.
That's the one (and only) thing I like about hockey crowds. They will actively yell at transgressors, in large numbers, to "wait for the goddam whistle".
Relationes Incrementum Victoria

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #249 on: June 06, 2017, 03:25:01 PM »
Done for the final year picking at the Bradley Center. Courtside in the upper, 2nd row. Same seats as the 3 years!
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton