collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Current All-NBA Team $15  (Read 5984 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Current All-NBA Team $15
« on: May 28, 2014, 11:28:23 AM »
Piggy-backing off of the Bleacher Report article regarding an All-NBA roster using $15, I thought it'd be interesting to see what people would do with $15 to make up a roster with current NBA players, as they are currently (not in their prime).  If you are to make a roster for just, say, this post season, what would it look like?  I have to admit, I don't follow the NBA closely until the Playoffs, so these rankings are definitely altered by Playoff performance and may not be the best rankings.  If anybody wants to suggest how to alter them I'm open to changing the prices.

Point Guard
$5 Chris Paul
$4 Russell Westbrook
$3 Stephen Curry
$2 Tony Parker
$1 Damian Lillard

(Maybe sub in Derrick Rose but he’s been hurt, Rajon Rondo, Kyrie Irving, or John Wall)

Shooting Guard
$5 James Harden
$4 Paul George
$3 Dwyane Wade
$2 Manu Ginobili
$1 Bradley Beal

(Kobe would still be in there but he’s injured, could put in Monta Ellis or DeMar DeRozan)

Small Forward
$5 LeBron James
$4 Kevin Durant
$3 Carmelo Anthony
$2 Kawhi Leonard
$1 Andre Iguodala

(Paul Pierce? Josh Smith?  Rudy Gay?)

Power Forward
$5 Blake Griffin
$4 Kevin Love
$3 LaMarcus Aldridge
$2 Dirk Nowitzki
$1 Serge Ibaka

(Tim Duncan?  Chris Bosh?  KG?  Amare?  Zach Randolph?  David West?)

Center
$5 Dwight Howard
$4 Anthony Davis
$3 Joakim Noah
$2 Brook Lopez
$1 Marc Gasol

(DeAndre Jordan? Hibbert? DeMarcus Cousins? Bogut?  Tyson Chandler?)

Center was surprisingly hard to cut down.  Some of the numbers those guys put up (Davis, Lopez, Cousins in particular) are quite impressive.  Point guard was obviously tough to cut down and to order.  Small forward after the top 3 was actually tough to find guys.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Current All-NBA Team $15
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
With these prices I would go Parker at the 1, Beal at the 2, Durant at the 3, Love at the 4, and Davis at the 5.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

reinko

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 11:35:26 AM »
LJ @ $5
Parker @ $2
Demar/Beal @ $1
Lamarcus @ $3
Davis @ $4

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 02:03:12 PM »
Parker $2
Wade $3
James $5
Love $4
And give $1 for Deandre Jordan.

Chemistry at the 2 and 3 is a beautiful thing. Add in the pick and roll with the 1 and 4. And shot blocking at 5.

Wojo'sMojo

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 06:25:20 PM »
Damian Lillard  $1
Manu Ginobli.   $2
Kevin Durant    $4
Kevin Love       $4
Anthony Davis  $4

Not the best defensive team, but Anthony Davis is an anchor. Also, this team would be an offensive machine. Damian Lillard killed Tony Parker in head to head match ups this year and is a much better value IMO.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 07:25:25 PM »
Damian Lillard  $1
Manu Ginobli.   $2
Kevin Durant    $4
Kevin Love       $4
Anthony Davis  $4

Not the best defensive team, but Anthony Davis is an anchor. Also, this team would be an offensive machine. Damian Lillard killed Tony Parker in head to head match ups this year and is a much better value IMO.

Uhh, I guess you didn't watch the Western Conference Semifinals in which the Spurs won in 5 and their 4 wins were by about 20 points per game.  I understand that the stats say that Lillard played just as well as Parker, but Parker was, is, and has been for a few  years, the engine that makes the Spurs go.  Parker puts up good numbers, but they are in no way indicative of how good he truly is.

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 12:24:52 AM »
$1 Lilliard
$3 Wade (but he gets hurt)
$5 Lebron
$3 Aldridge
$1 Gasol

$2 for my bench: Iguodala and Ibaka.

BOOM