[Today at 10:43:01 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[Today at 09:59:47 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[May 08, 2024, 01:39:16 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by DFW HOYA
[May 08, 2024, 10:45:35 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: 2019 Coaching Carousel  (Read 203340 times)

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
Re: 2019 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #350 on: March 30, 2019, 01:13:13 PM »
Reading their message board is pretty entertaining. It’d be funny to see blackshear grad transfer to A&M.

—-

I appreciate what Buzz has accomplished at VT and I'm personally grateful. And if he leaves for a job he’s always wanted I will wish him well. But——-if he allows KJ or other current players to follow him he will loose all my respect. It’s one thing for him to leave but for him to allow players to leave with him for his new school is to me totally disrespectful of VT which has been great to him and to all of the students and fans who have supported him over the last 5 years with their attendance and their money. Buzz says all the time it's more than basketball and that he teaches life lessons to his players. I agree and think that's great. But the life lesson here is you don't sabotage the people (institutions and fans) that have been good to you and supported you for the past 5 years for your own future gains.

LOL I wonder what they said when Ahmed Hill followed Buzz there

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #351 on: March 30, 2019, 02:55:42 PM »
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn

Sources: Fred Hoiberg's deal terms with Nebraska: Seven years, $25M. He is signing the contract this afternoon.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #352 on: March 30, 2019, 02:56:59 PM »
Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein
7h7 hours ago

Sources: Texas A&M is expected to offer Virginia Tech's Buzz Williams a multi-year deal worth a minimum of $3.5 million dollars annually to be its next head basketball coach. Aggies have no secondary candidate.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

MU82

• All American
« Reply #353 on: March 30, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »
VT is going to have a hard time luring another current, established coach again this time.   They pulled it off to everyone's shock with Buzz, but that just doesn't seem a very attractive job still.  I don't think there's any way they get Marshall or Cronin.

They certainly will have trouble at the salary they gave Buzz, who was desperate to get out of Milwaukee. I'm not sure how deep VT's pockets are. If they offer enough, they might pull off another surprise. It is the ACC, and they did get a taste of what success could be like these last couple years.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #354 on: March 30, 2019, 03:20:33 PM »
Until there's an extension in place, I assume we'll see Wojo mentioned for most every HM opening.

Why would an extension matter? For the most part, extensions are a joke.

The only ones locked in, with no penalty to pay, are the athletes -- the people who make college sports possible.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #355 on: March 30, 2019, 03:37:15 PM »
Mick Cronin can go to VT and lock in battle to the death with Tony Bennett for who can score less over a season

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #356 on: March 30, 2019, 03:45:03 PM »
Mick Cronin can go to VT and lock in battle to the death with Tony Bennett for who can score less over a season

UVA was pretty middle of the pack in scoring in the ACC.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #357 on: March 30, 2019, 04:01:53 PM »
Anyone else find it a little weird there's been no legitimate buzz (no pun) around our coach since the day he got here?

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #358 on: March 30, 2019, 04:04:44 PM »
Anyone else find it a little weird there's been no legitimate buzz (no pun) around our coach since the day he got here?

Not really.  Buzz especially was famous for using media guys as conduits so as to enhance his own 'rumors'.  Wojo doesn't do that at all to the best of my knowledge.

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #359 on: March 30, 2019, 04:05:26 PM »
Guess he is not getting the job done to warrant any buzz.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #360 on: March 30, 2019, 04:07:10 PM »

MuMark just posted a tweet saying that VT reached out to Wojo.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

VegasWarrior77

• All American
« Reply #361 on: March 30, 2019, 04:24:40 PM »
Some wishful thinking from a UNLV fan made me chuckle:

ML Squared @M_L_Squared Mar 23 2019
Replying to @JeffWaddilove @NYPost_Brazille and 3 others
Steve Wojciechowski loves UNLV. He's followed the program from afar.
Imagine Markus Howard flying down the court like he's Greg Anthony. #UNLV @DRFrancois1

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #362 on: March 30, 2019, 04:35:28 PM »
LOL I wonder what they said when Ahmed Hill followed Buzz there

Good question to pose to them.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #363 on: March 30, 2019, 04:47:57 PM »
From Hokie Scoop:

texashokie1 said... (original post)
Why do we want Wojo when Marquette fans want to fire him. I read there message board and they would love for us to take him.

Response:
A lot of their fans didn’t like Buzz either, that worked out pretty good for us in the short term.

They are also eyeing up our recruits to steal.   MU Scoop would be in a meltdown mode if we lost two coaches to the Gobblers.  Cheeks would also head right into Anaphylactic Shock if the recruits followed Wojo.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #364 on: March 30, 2019, 04:51:12 PM »
I suppose anything can happen, but Wojo to VT would be one of the strangest things I have ever seen.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #365 on: March 30, 2019, 04:52:00 PM »
From Hokie Scoop:

They are also eyeing up our recruits to steal.   MU Scoop would be in a meltdown mode if we lost two coaches to the Gobblers.  Cheeks would also head right into Anaphylactic Shock if the recruits followed Wojo.
That’s funny. A few Buzz years has given that fan base a very inflated view of their program
No Finish Line

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #366 on: March 30, 2019, 04:55:51 PM »

UNLV and VT both are buzzing about Wojo some.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #367 on: March 30, 2019, 04:56:44 PM »
If Wojo left for VT I would be more depressed at the state of the Marquette program than I have since the Dukiet years.  When Buzz left, it was pretty obvious that Buzz wanted a change.  But this would signify that Marquette is indeed a stepping stone - and a stepping stone to a mid-level ACC team.  Not a blueblood.

That being said, I would be really surprised if this happens.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

genious expert

• Team Captain
« Reply #368 on: March 30, 2019, 04:57:29 PM »
UNLV and VT both are buzzing about Wojo some.

0% chance for either of them

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #369 on: March 30, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »
That’s funny. A few Buzz years has given that fan base a very inflated view of their program

Remember when they put Scott Monarch's photo up on their website instead of Buzz?  Their SID didn't even know who they hired.

Hopefully, TAMU can help them in College Station with finding the right Buzz picture. Or he could have a little fun...and photoshop a picture of Topper with a BnC...

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!
« Reply #370 on: March 30, 2019, 05:02:48 PM »
Dear Jesus,

As you drove the money changers from the Temple please compel Virginia Tech to offer Wojo a job. And just as you changed to water into wine make Wojo want a change of scenery to move to Blacksburg.

In the same way you raised Lazurus from the dead and fed the 5,000 let the hopes and dreams of the Marquette faithful be reinvigorated and come back to life with a full measure of vim, vigor, and vitality.

We ask this in the name of the Lord.

Thanks, Jesus!

Col Barry McCochinher, USAF

PS, we should grab a beer together if you are in Seattle.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #371 on: March 30, 2019, 05:09:28 PM »
From Hokie Scoop:

Speaking of recruits...Kerry Blackshear as a grad transfer? 🤤
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #372 on: March 30, 2019, 05:20:09 PM »
Dear Jesus,

As you drove the money changers from the Temple please compel Virginia Tech to offer Wojo a job. And just as you changed to water into wine make Wojo want a change of scenery to move to Blacksburg.

In the same way you raised Lazurus from the dead and fed the 5,000 let the hopes and dreams of the Marquette faithful be reinvigorated and come back to life with a full measure of vim, vigor, and vitality.

We ask this in the name of the Lord.

Thanks, Jesus!

Col Barry McCochinher, USAF

PS, we should grab a beer together if you are in Seattle.

Internet Evangelist.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #373 on: March 30, 2019, 05:20:28 PM »
Speaking of recruits...Kerry Blackshear as a grad transfer? 🤤
He’s looked good in Maroon before hey?
No Finish Line

Jon

• All American
  • Fire Wojo!