collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin Hatred of MU  (Read 6830 times)

parkerj

• Walk-On
Re: Wisconsin Hatred of MU
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2010, 11:19:57 PM »
I was reading the comments in the JS after Todd Rosiak's story on yesterday's basketball game and was somewhat struck by the incredible level of venom being spewed by Wisconsin fans toward Marquette. They seem to have an overwhelming, obsessive hatred of this relatively small private Catholic school. They put down the team, the school, the students...everything. And that's after they won the game and should be happy!

I graduated from MU in the late 70s and have lived in the NY-DC areas ever since, so I'm totally out of the loop. I'm not from Wisconsin, so I suppose I never paid much attention to the rivalry. McGuire's teams used to beat the Badgers (a second-division Big 10 team back then) twice a season and fellow Catholic independent ND was our real rival. So fast-fowarding to the present day, why does this huge tax-payer funded public institution have this all-consuming hatred of little private Marquette?

i wouldn't worry about that...trash talkers outnumber the hell out of fans on all of the JS blogs...those comment sections are pretty much the s**thole of the internet

i live in madison and plenty of people i know root for all 4 d-1 programs...not so much college students, but they didn't live through the al mcguire days