[Today at 10:42:24 AM]

MU appearance in The Athletic's college hoops mailbag by Its DJOver
[Today at 10:35:46 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by MarquetteMike1977
[Today at 12:50:43 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[May 06, 2024, 06:06:48 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Does anyone even care anymore?  (Read 13090 times)

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
Re: Does anyone even care anymore?
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2021, 11:05:59 PM »
Hmm let’s see...
Notre Dame, never see him at games, completely silent to the perpetual suckage of the team, no sports have been really “great” under his watch.

I didn't go to any games last season (new baby means no cross country travel). But I've been to dozens since Scholl was hired and seen him at every one of them.

There are a few wild cards out there, but 99% of ADs tend to not bash their coaches in public. Not sure why you would expect different.

Men's basketball hasn't been great on his watch but other sports have been at all time highs (Women's basketball, LAX, volleyball). I get that men's basketball is the one that counts but to say "no sports" isn't correct.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2021, 07:52:44 AM »

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2021, 08:46:07 PM »
I have decided I can be a fan of the Jesuit school basketball team of the state I live in - Gonzaga.   At least until Marquette basketball becomes relevant again which is likely 2 years post firing Wojo.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2021, 08:53:18 PM »
I have decided I can be a fan of the Jesuit school basketball team of the state I live in - Gonzaga.   At least until Marquette basketball becomes relevant again which is likely 2 years post firing Wojo.

So you’re a front runner. Good luck to your new favorite team. Well, favorite team until Few leaves and they fall back, and maybe Marquette is better then. Then you’ll root for Marquette again.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2021, 09:00:04 PM »
Marquette better than Gonzaga - has that happened in the last 7 years?   Will that happen anytime that under Wojo?   Does not seem like Few is interested in going anywhere.  Seems like a safe bet.

Look - the question in the post “Does anyone care anymore?”   I don’t really care anymore with the results Wojo has shown in 7 years, why not watch entertaining basketball instead of the crap fest Wojo has served up?

So you’re a front runner. Good luck to your new favorite team. Well, favorite team until Few leaves and they fall back, and maybe Marquette is better then. Then you’ll root for Marquette again.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 12:28:20 AM by PointWarrior »

WarriorHal

• All American
« Reply #105 on: January 30, 2021, 09:56:47 PM »
Speaking of Gonzaga, why is their program so much better than Marquette's program? It is 1000% the head coach? Could be. They play in a mid major conference that in no way compares to the Big East. Milwaukee isn't the greatest city, but it is "major league" compared to Spokane.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #106 on: January 30, 2021, 10:10:32 PM »
I've had plenty of fellow alums talk badly about Lovell in generalities. Can anyone give some details of what isn't liked about him and his leadership at MU (other than the fiscal issues, which are probably more COVID related than anything)

Just ask John McAdams.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #107 on: January 30, 2021, 10:44:57 PM »
Speaking of Gonzaga, why is their program so much better than Marquette's program? It is 1000% the head coach? Could be. They play in a mid major conference that in no way compares to the Big East. Milwaukee isn't the greatest city, but it is "major league" compared to Spokane.
mostly a great coach. idk how to even really describe it. its like a perfect storm at the right time thing. you have a great coach. the program gets really hot for a few years. you get national attention. the coach and program for prolly a few reasons gets considered elete. few is now considered one of the best. its seen as a dominant program. the recruits start comin in easier. youre getting talked about like crazy and you reach a level of sustainabilty. idk lol thats the best i got