collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Bucks get #8 in NBA Draft  (Read 4872 times)

77ncaachamps

• All American
  • Last of the Warrior Class
Bucks get #8 in NBA Draft
« on: May 20, 2008, 07:20:20 PM »
So who will/should they get?
SS Marquette

MUCrew

• All American
Re: Bucks get #8 in NBA Draft
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 12:30:33 AM »
Who cares?  The Bulls got #1 baby!  Go Bulls!

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 01:33:59 PM »
Who cares?  The Bulls got #1 baby!  Go Bulls!

This is awesome for the Bulls. Derrick Rose is coming home.
We Are Marquette

dwaderoy2004

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 02:14:54 PM »
It'll be Beasley.  guaranteed.

coach85

• Walk-On
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 03:01:31 PM »
Rose is the better fit for the Bulls and will be their pick unless a team offers Paxson a hell of a trade.

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 08:47:44 PM »
Rose is the better fit for the Bulls and will be their pick unless a team offers Paxson a hell of a trade.

Why not both?  I'm a huge fan of drafting Rose and trading our back court for some promising or successfully established post player (i.e. Brand?).  I feel the back court needs to be taller and Thabo alone can't do it all.  I don't have a whole lot of faith in Gordon, Hinrich, Hughes, Duhon...sooo....get them outta there.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2008, 11:09:38 PM »
Bulls got so lucky.  I think Rose would fit better in Chicago, but it's hard to pass on a talent like Beasley.

coach85

• Walk-On
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 12:15:45 AM »
Crew - I agree it would be nice to get rid of some of the Bulls small backcourt.  But, what team is going to return much to the Bulls for those guards?

Duhon will be gone as his contract allows him to walk this summer and the Bulls will most likely help him pack and show him the door.  As for trades........while Hughes has the size and some of the skills that teams might like,  he has a contract that nobody will like - 2 more years at about $30 mill.  Hinrich plays hard but is not a true point
( therefore the need for Rose ) and at 6'3" Hinrich is small for a "2". Also, Hinrich is owed $40 mill. over 4 more years.  He'd be a nice combo guard on a legit playoff team but that's a tough contract to trade after a down year.  Gordon offers the most in a trade because he has the expring contract.  ( Bulls can match all offers ).  But he offers the great 6th man potential.  Big time scorer off the bench. Gordon texted Paxson a few times last night about his fit with the team and the draft pick so he might be around for a while for the Bulls.

Brand is a free agent option because he has an "opt out" clause this summer if he wants to leave the Clippers.If the Bulls add Brand or any other quality big to Gooden, Thomas and Noah they should be in the mix for eastern conference contenders.  Though they are the youngest team in the NBA, should the Bulls add the high quality point guard who can distribute the ball and defend, they are setting up for a nice run.

Bulls got lucky.  Now it's up to Paxson to pick the right  draft fit for the Bulls ( Rose ) and fill in another piece or two. ( Along with a coach)  To expect drastic roster changes is probably unrealistic.

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2008, 10:52:09 AM »
As far as the Bucks and the 8th pick go, my thinking is that they will go with Eric Gordon (Especially if Kelvin Sampson puts his 2 cents in) and trade Redd at some point in the offseason.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 10:19:20 AM »
im a Milwaukee man and the Bucks franchise is so screwed up I don't think it matters who we draft. that being said I also say: Who the hell cares... it's the NBA, theres a reason we love MU basketball, and it's because college basketball is actually entertaining.

feedback