[Today at 09:15:16 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[Today at 07:00:37 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Someone Needs To Help Dwyane Wade...  (Read 11536 times)

Tom Crean's Tanning Bed

• All American
Someone Needs To Help Dwyane Wade...
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:38:45 AM »
...because, uh, this doesn't sound like the Dwyane Wade we came to know and love while at Marquette. 

http://deadspin.com/388416/hey-uh-is-everything-ok-with-dwyane-wade
The General has taken on a new command.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
Re: Someone Needs To Help Dwyane Wade...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 12:08:08 PM »
Uhhh, my guess is you dont know any NBA players.  I have met DWade briefly a few times and he seems like a nice guy, I am sure he is.  But even the nicest guys in the NBA have for the most part the same life style.  Game...then dinner and possibly a club surrounded by groupies the entire time and then a lady for dessert later that evening. 
Had dinner once with a not to be mentioned ex-NBA'er and his wife...had ladies coming to our table saying Hi and giving him their number with the wife right their. He obviously was gracious and said hi and turned down the numbers etc.  But it is their at all times for the taking.

wampum77

• Walk-On
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »
I agree that D. Wade seems to have made the wrong turn.  I understood his number was in part retired because of the good representative he was for Marquette.    Hope he can get his act back together, which might be harder than making the wrong turn.

MR.HAYWARD

• All American
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2008, 12:16:47 PM »
No Wampum....Dwades number was retired, and in the process Crean broke the long standing rule of needing a degree, so that Crean could bring recruits in and point to it.  Also, as a standing reminder to the institution that if it were not for him the entire program and school for that matter would have slid into the Milwaukee River and that they should bow to his every demand.  Should a coach that lost 10+ games a year demand anything less?

mviale

• All American
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 12:38:10 PM »
Agree - Star Jones is a bigger problem than the Gold.  This effects our brand
You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 12:39:06 PM »
Uhhh, my guess is you don't know any NBA players.  I have met DWade briefly a few times and he seems like a nice guy, I am sure he is.  But even the nicest guys in the NBA have for the most part the same life style.  Game...then dinner and possibly a club surrounded by groupies the entire time and then a lady for dessert later that evening. 

Hayward, you couldn't be more wrong! They have ladies for dessert, multiple.  To suggest it's all one on one after midnight shows, you either know nothing, or you were out to dinner with AC Green.  

The NBA, where individual players committ multiple acts of adultery, nightly, happens
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 12:41:07 PM by DamonKeysContactLens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »
It's all just another example of what fame and fortune can do to a young man. He's not the first and not the last guy to get screwed up because being rich and famous. I hope he gets his head on straight.
We Are Marquette

MU in Miami

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2008, 12:55:14 PM »
I think Dwyane's frustration this year with the Heat and his return from injury is evident.  It was difficult to watch the Heat fall apart this year.  It's hard to watch him witness it--he has a bad poker face.  Part of the web-gossip is just hitting a man when he's down.

I don't know anything about the man's personal life, but I know he's been great to the community, fans, and alumni here.  He was extremely gracious when we had our alumni night earlier in the season (Travis too).  He's a great ambassador for MU and we love him down here.  Here's hoping the Heat pull Rose in the draft and next year kicks.

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2008, 01:01:26 PM »
slumpbuster?

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »
Here's Charles Barkley giving DWade crap about the whole Star Jones thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEOXiPkIPgU

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 01:10:25 PM »
I think Dwyane's frustration this year with the Heat and his return from injury is evident.  It was difficult to watch the Heat fall apart this year.  It's hard to watch him witness it--he has a bad poker face.  Part of the web-gossip is just hitting a man when he's down.

I don't know anything about the man's personal life, but I know he's been great to the community, fans, and alumni here.  He was extremely gracious when we had our alumni night earlier in the season (Travis too).  He's a great ambassador for MU and we love him down here.  Here's hoping the Heat pull Rose in the draft and next year kicks.

True dat, but he needs to chill. Lots of bad press lately.
We Are Marquette

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2008, 01:11:40 PM »
you people are rediculous.  Quite with the holier than thow crap.  The star Jones thing is fake.  Single superstars meet single girls.  So do single cab drivers and married cops.  

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2008, 01:23:34 PM »
A staged radio call and the Star rumor, which turned out to be false.

Hard to say Dwyane has turned the wrong way or anything.

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2008, 01:31:04 PM »
Seriously look at yourselves.  When he has had a fleet of bastard children, multiple arrests, a few sex tapes, a coke scandle, and a high speed chase you might be able to convince me he's not the nicest person in the nba.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2008, 04:08:41 PM »
Seriously look at yourselves.  When he has had a fleet of bastard children, multiple arrests, a few sex tapes, a coke scandle, and a high speed chase you might be able to convince me he's not the nicest person in the nba.

Dude, very few people care that he's stroking everything that moves, we just care that he's potentially stroking someone who wouldn't get picked up if she was laying naked in the O'D entrance on a Friday night after Angelo's closed.

Anytime 3/4 of the MU freshmen class is out-kicking you, it's time for adjustments.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »
Someone needs to get Dwyane Wade, Sr. in line. I heard on the J. Hood show on the Score that he's doing commercials for Moo & Oink.
We Are Marquette

RawdogDX

• All American
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2008, 04:33:39 PM »
Dude, very few people care that he's stroking everything that moves, we just care that he's potentially stroking someone who wouldn't get picked up if she was laying naked in the O'D entrance on a Friday night after Angelo's closed.

Anytime 3/4 of the MU freshmen class is out-kicking you, it's time for adjustments.

Is there a picture of this girl i didn't see?  The starr jones thing is fake.  

And don't tell me that the guy who put:

"It's all just another example of what fame and fortune can do to a young man. He's not the first and not the last guy to get screwed up because being rich and famous. I hope he gets his head on straight. "

Was saying that because he wasn't hitting hot enough peices of ass.  If he was that would be a good time to use teal.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »

"It's all just another example of what fame and fortune can do to a young man. He's not the first and not the last guy to get screwed up because being rich and famous. I hope he gets his head on straight. "

Was saying that because he wasn't hitting hot enough peices of ass.  If he was that would be a good time to use teal.

Two people, on a board with 1829 members, are coming up with what you call Holier Than Thou...

Did you see the TNT interview, he sure didn't go out of his way to deny it.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2008, 05:38:47 PM »

I put that there, and I wasn't talking about the girl he hit it and quit it with in the hotel. That's all well and good. It's probably what I'd be up to if I was in my mid-20's and an NBA superstar.

I'm talking about him "going Hollywood" and even being rumored to be getting it on with Star Jones. And if you don't think getting it on with Star Jones is whacked out, then you've got a problem. You're head isn't on straight if you're getting it on with Star f'ing Jones.

We Are Marquette

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2008, 05:47:27 PM »
I put that there, and I wasn't talking about the girl he hit it and quit it with in the hotel. That's all well and good. It's probably what I'd be up to if I was in my mid-20's and an NBA superstar.

I'm talking about him "going Hollywood" and even being rumored to be getting it on with Star Jones. And if you don't think getting it on with Star Jones is whacked out, then you've got a problem. You're head isn't on straight if you're getting it on with Star f'ing Jones.

Lame.

Why do you even care?

Schoolyard

• Starter
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »
Lame.

Why do you even care?

'02, I get the sense Fr. Wild could light you on fire and all you would say is: "Thanks, I was cold"
My handle is Schoolyard but I do my best work at Finley Dunnes...Joe Kenny in '08

mosarsour

• All American
  • IV
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2008, 06:34:39 PM »
Did you see the TNT interview, he sure didn't go out of his way to deny it.

What do you expect? Do you expect him to react like a 5 year old and say "ewwwww, yucky!"? He's in the public eye...so he's going to approach it with more class than that.

Thomas' Danish Delight

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2008, 07:16:53 PM »
What do you expect? Do you expect him to react like a 5 year old and say "ewwwww, yucky!"? He's in the public eye...so he's going to approach it with more class than that.

I would have.

That trick is nasty.

77fan88warrior

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2008, 10:42:11 PM »
Someone needs to get Dwyane Wade, Sr. in line. I heard on the J. Hood show on the Score that he's doing commercials for Moo & Oink.

I believe we had a thread on this about 15 months ago. Wow old is MU scoop again? The commercial I saw back then was brutal.

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2008, 07:02:07 AM »
'02, I get the sense Fr. Wild could light you on fire and all you would say is: "Thanks, I was cold"

yikes.

I'm really just pointing out that crucifying Dwyane for "supposedly" dating Star Jones is a little over the top.

Why are people so quick to pass judgment on him?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2008, 12:45:46 PM »
I think I would have hit the fat starr jones versus the new, wierd looking star jones.  Which is sad to say.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2008, 12:58:06 PM »
Man, get hold of yourself! Are you flipped out? Still time to take that vow of poverty.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »
yikes.

I'm really just pointing out that crucifying Dwyane for "supposedly" dating Star Jones is a little over the top.

Why are people so quick to pass judgment on him?

Didn't you know ... everyone here is dating a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model.

Seriously, who cares if DWade is hitting that? Maybe big girls are his thing. At least he's not a furry (that we know of).

feedback