[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Best Buy.......wtf  (Read 4761 times)

NYWarrior

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Best Buy.......wtf
« on: December 11, 2007, 07:45:32 PM »
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/12/11/best-buy-threatens-b.html

Best Buy sent a cease and desist letter to blogger Scott Beale (Laughing Squid) for having had the audacity to blog news that prankster/comedy troupe Improv Everywhere selling t-shirts that were a parody of the Best Buy brand. Whether or not the parody is legally in the clear is one matter, but Best Buy nastygramming Beale for simply blogging about it -- not selling the shirts or participating directly? IANAL, but seems *way* out of line.

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Best Buy.......wtf
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:30:17 AM »

DegenerateDish

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 11:12:43 AM »
A little off the original topic on this, but have you ever noticed Best Buy's coupons are useless? I had to buy a new laptop for my wife, and their 10% coupon was good for virtually nothing I bought. I realize that a lot of mfg's have pricing policies in brick and mortar environments, but their coupons are generally useless.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 12:10:43 PM »
A little off the original topic on this, but have you ever noticed Best Buy's coupons are useless? I had to buy a new laptop for my wife, and their 10% coupon was good for virtually nothing I bought.

I  noticed the same problem with a Circuit City coupon. 

It was 10% off any item over $199, but excluded most items that anyone would desire that cost more than $199, and basically any name brand.

Luckily I read that before even walking into the store - so they didn't even get a visit from me.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 01:33:16 PM »
I have absolutely no use for Best Buy.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 01:35:07 PM »
I used to love Best Buy. However, a lot of their new stores are drastically smaller than what they used to be. I prefer going to Circuit for the various items I need to pick up.

romey

• All American
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 07:58:25 PM »
A little off the original topic on this, but have you ever noticed Best Buy's coupons are useless? I had to buy a new laptop for my wife, and their 10% coupon was good for virtually nothing I bought. I realize that a lot of mfg's have pricing policies in brick and mortar environments, but their coupons are generally useless.

Funny you mention that.  Last night I was in Best Buy and of course the line I chose to stand in came to a complete stop when I arrived.  I don't know the whole conversation, but the gist of it was the couple in front of me dropped like 5 bills on an XBox 360, some games, and accessories.  The girl at the register was reading the fine print on the coupon and in a nutshell, she told them it didn't include most of what they bought.  In the end, I think they got like $5.90 off their total purchase - woo-hoo!!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 05:08:52 PM »
Best Buy is also losing my favor.  I agree that the smaller new stores are more unpleasant for one.  Also, the "fast food" line is a mess in the new stores.  It's pretty bad that there usually has to be someone there to direct you to a cashier; I'd rather pick a line and hope it goes quicker.  Also, if you get an iPod or memory card of some sort and they bring it to the cashier for you, you'll have to find out where they put it when you go to checkout, making the checkout process even more ridiculous.  Also, the customer service isn't what it used to be.  While I'm not a huge fan of being asked if I need help multiple times during my visit while browsing around, now it's somewhat difficult to get help.  A couple weeks ago I just needed a camera that was locked up, a 10 second task.  There was a woman there asking questions about the cameras (most of which was trying to get advice on which color to buy) and the employee was with her for a good 20 minutes before he got someone else to help.  I wasn't even acknowledged until I loudly asked those with me if they wanted to go to Circuit City.