[May 03, 2024, 08:27:54 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MU82
[May 03, 2024, 05:21:12 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Hards Alumni
[May 03, 2024, 02:02:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by mugrad_89
[May 03, 2024, 01:20:27 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Packers fans represented very well tonight in Texas  (Read 3981 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Packers fans represented very well tonight in Texas
« on: November 30, 2007, 12:00:40 AM »
Had the chance to attend the game tonight with Spiral and his dad....very nice guys. 

Lots of Packers at the game tonight, very strong showing.

Don't know what the deal is with Favre, we sat right behind the bench and he was flexing his hand the whole night, I hope he's ok.  He defintely wasn't on tonight, strange game plan by GBP....lots of deep balls and not much running.  I would have run a lot more but the Dallas secondary is so tempting to go after that I can understand the temptation.

Overall, fun game but I just don't think either team has a chance against New England.  Dallas has the offense, not the defense.  GBP has the defense (when fully healthy which they weren't tonight), but I'm not sure they have the offense.  Tough to say.

If the Pack and Cowboys meet again, it will be even closer...GBP was definitely missing some key players tonight.

spiral97

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Re: Packers fans represented very well tonight in Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 01:17:42 AM »
agreed.. and you and your son were a ton of fun too.  Hope he wasn't too tired from all the walking!  thanks for the tickets.. awesome awesome awesome!

Most of the cowboy fans were classier than I expected too - most had a good sense of humor no mater what.

Favre apparently smacked his elbow on a helmet and it rendered his arm and hand numb (stinger of sorts in the elbow).  Agreed on missing key players (Favre for most of the game, KGB, and Woodson).  Should not have mattered though.  We got beat and I think you're on the right track as for why: strange game plan.  After the 60 yard run by Grant in the first quarter to score GB's first TD we barely ran at all beyond Rodger's scrambles.  Rodgers did come in and play fairly well for someone as inexperienced as he is with game situations.  Led a number of good drives and moved the ball well.

Here's hoping for a rematch in the NFC Championship game!  This time, hopefully, we have our players healthy so we can give you a game.
Once a warrior always a warrior.. even if the feathers must now come with a beak.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 08:19:04 AM »
This my 2nd trip to Texas Stadium and Cowboy fans are beyond cordial.   Woodson & KGB hurt but the biggest loss is Johnny Jolly, IMO he makes that D line go.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 09:48:41 AM »
This my 2nd trip to Texas Stadium and Cowboy fans are beyond cordial.   Woodson & KGB hurt but the biggest loss is Johnny Jolly, IMO he makes that D line go.

I was surprised how cordial to be honest.  I had always heard that was the case...respectful, knowledgeable fans and that was the case.  I've been to many Cowboys games, just never at Texas Stadium.....at Milwaukee, at Chicago, etc.

Now, there were a few knuckleheads outside on the long walk back to the car that were a little overzealous at times, but nothing like a Raiders game or a few others I've been to where you literally if you are an opposing fan you feel like you could lose a limb or something.

Fun game, tons of energy.  I'm thrilled GB came back because my son was not a happy camper there for awhile....his first game, his hero on the bench hurt...tough for a nine year old.  But he came through.

At least when Marquette loses, we share the grief together (I was successful in making him a MU fan, the wife made him a GBP fan... ;)  )

WashDCWarrior

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2007, 02:58:26 PM »
I go to a number of Redskins games and Dallas fans for the most part are pretty knowledgable and respectful, unlike someother team's fans.  Brotherly love my @#$, so I'm not too surprised they're good on their home turf too.

tomcrean4pres

• Starter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 11:10:27 PM »
yea those folks in philly are rough...
***Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid. ***