collapse

* Recent Posts

No posts were found.

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Who were you rooting for last night IU or MSU?  (Read 2544 times)

mikem91288

• Team Captain
Who were you rooting for last night IU or MSU?
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
I honestly could not decide who I wanted to win. I kind of don't like either team. I was discussing it with a fellow MU fan as we watched TC nearly pull off the biggest upset of his IU career over his teacher, Tom Izzo. I guess I realized that having Tommy be legitimate at IU actually does nothing to hurt MU, and I'd rather him have success than go coach at a place like UTEP or Houston in 3 years and be considered a bust. I just thought it was an interesting conversation I had with my buddy as to whether we should be rooting for the tan one in this situation, and we both agreed yes. I realize this may be moved by the mods, and feel free to hate on this post, but I really don't care.
Warrior in the class of 2011.

reinko

• All American
Re: Who were you rooting for last night IU or MSU?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:34:29 PM »
none of the above.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 04:34:33 PM »
you're not from around here, are you son?   ;D

muball

• Starter
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 04:36:31 PM »
Hoping MSU looses as they are having a difficult year and a few more losses could put them on the bubble or out. Nothing to do with Crean as he will always be about himself.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 06:08:40 PM »
MSU.   Always, except against MU.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

PuertoRicanNightmare

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 06:38:38 PM »
At this point, I think even Indiana fans are secretly rooting against that horse's a55. Give Hoosier fans credit for identifying a douche bag much quicker than Marquette fans. They're already weary of defending the indefensible. Running out in the lobby to celebrate without any of his players after the Illinois game is par for the course. He is a loathsome, loathsome person and I hope he does end up at UTEP or Houston (or worse) in a few years.

Needless to say, I was thrilled with the MSU victory.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 07:21:35 PM »
I'm with PRN.  BTW, notice how IU fans are expecting to make the NCAA's next year...

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=170&f=2353&t=7127135

Clearly they're happy with the win over U of I, and close loss to MSU, but I guess they're not familiar with how poorly Crean's teams play in the last 10 games of the year.

If they're expecting to make the NCAA's next year, I'm guessing my bet against chicos is "good as gold"

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:43:45 PM »
Mikey, are you seriously asking me this question?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »
Imagine actually making the tournament at a school like Indiana in only your fourth year! That would be worth a banner that would dwarf all others at Assembly Hall.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 08:26:33 PM »
Imagine actually making the tournament at a school like Indiana in only your fourth year! That would be worth a banner that would dwarf all others at Assembly Hall.

But you guys just don't understand how big of a mess he had to clean up!

Of course since Its Indiana. Its Indiana, and one of the elite programs in college basketball where you can win a national title, its hard to reconcile how it can take an elite coach like Tom Crean 4 or 5 years to just get back to the NCAA tournament (maybe).

mviale

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 09:41:14 PM »
They make the tournament next year and I can see Tom Crean and staff wearing Fedex uniforms. "we deliver"

You heard it here first. Davante Gardner will be a Beast this year.
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=27259