[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread  (Read 163191 times)

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
Re: Hauser Brothers Post MU Thread
« Reply #1225 on: November 02, 2022, 04:53:07 PM »
If only Theo had written a letter instead.

Theo got his degree at Marquette.  Kolek him, aina?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1226 on: November 02, 2022, 04:53:26 PM »
Start a thread about them.  No one is stopping you.  Hmmm….

No need, I’m not obsessed about them. A simple observation suffices.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1227 on: November 02, 2022, 04:53:35 PM »
Yeah, but Bailey didn’t leave early (oh wait, he did) and Theo didn’t finish elsewhere (oh wait, he did) or lecture Marquette fans on what they needed to think in order to be Marquette fans (oh wait, he did). Hmmm….

Lecture?  Lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1228 on: November 02, 2022, 04:55:09 PM »

Obviously

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1230 on: November 02, 2022, 05:43:52 PM »
There are less than 5000 NBA players all time.  Less than 500 in a given year.

Roughly 5000 kids player D1 ball every year.  Sam is one of less than 40 MU players in over 100 years of the program, and well over 1000 student athletes, who has played in the NBA.

He is a hell of a player.  Full stop.  That doesn't change because his brother is a whiny tool who will massively underachieve his HS ranking and hype.  Steve Novak, who is rightfully beloved around this parts, scored 186 pts in his first 2 seasons on a team that wasn't challenging for Finals berths, like Sam's Celtics.  Sam will blow by that at this rate.

The obsession with Sam, both good and bad, around here is baffling.  He's a seemingly good dude, great basketball player who could be a serviceable pro, which is kind of crazy for a dude from Northern Wisconsin.  Kudos to him and hopefully Joey can see a lot of his games when he wakes up early for practice in Sweden or Romania.

Yep. I wonder if this thread will last as long as the annual thread bringing up the mascot change.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1231 on: November 02, 2022, 06:00:03 PM »
Yep. I wonder if this thread will last as long as the annual thread bringing up the mascot change.

Yes

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1232 on: November 02, 2022, 06:00:41 PM »
Joey is optimistic about the season. Lost weight too.

https://statenews.com/article/2022/10/i-feel-really-good-about-where-im-at-right-now-joey-hauser-primed-for-final-season-at-msu?ct=content_open&cv=cbox_latest

Best part of college basketball season outside scoop is Michigan State fans opining on Joey

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1233 on: November 02, 2022, 06:15:49 PM »

You should be preaching to Herman then since he posts in this topic more than anyone.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1234 on: November 02, 2022, 07:42:55 PM »
You should be preaching to Herman then since he posts in this topic more than anyone.

And I'm guessing that I have the second-most positive posts (if not the first-most) about Sam in this thread.

I've always liked him, I thought he was put in a rough position by his brother, I predicted he'd have an NBA career (even bet keefe, who was among the many Scoopers saying "no way"), and I've posted information about good outings by him.

I don't think he's a "great" player or a "hellofa" player, at least not the way most would define those terms. He was a fine college player who has a shot at a long NBA career as a role player, and he could make significant money if he keeps hitting 3s.

Joey was at Marquette for about a minute. And while some of the minute was good, much of it wasn't. He faded down the stretch, he played soft, he pouted when criticized and he was a big reason it all collapsed. (I've said many times, including in this thread, that Wojo was the major reason, because it's a coach's job to keep his locker room together.)

We'll see if Joey's third season under a Hall of Fame coach is any better than his first two at MSU, or if he peaked during his first few months as a Marquette freshman. Everyone knows he has some offensive talent. Maybe this will be his year.

I understand the appreciation of Sam because I share it. But it's baffling that many of the same people who love Joey -- who contributed almost nothing positive to Marquette basketball during his short time with the team -- have no problem ripping a two-time All-American who graduated from the school and who has done nothing but represent our alma mater with class.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #1235 on: November 03, 2022, 04:22:52 PM »
J2N
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1236 on: November 03, 2022, 05:12:05 PM »

Are you advocating we change the mascot to Sam?  ;D

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1237 on: November 03, 2022, 11:26:17 PM »

Are you advocating we change the mascot to Sam?  ;D

Goose

• All American
« Reply #1238 on: November 04, 2022, 12:57:44 AM »
I learned to love Sam Hauser during his time at MU and was upset when the brothers left. I hope Sam plays in the league for 10+ years and makes a ton of money. He was a very nice part of MU program for three years and would have been very fondling remembered by anyone that knows anything if he stayed his final year.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1239 on: November 04, 2022, 03:19:54 AM »
I learned to love Sam  : : :oooHauser during his time at MU  : :ooand was upset when the brothers left. I hope Sam plays in the league for 10+ years and makes a ton of money. He was a very nice part of MU program for three years and would have been very fondling remembered by anyone that knows anything if he stayed his final year.

:o :o :o  Man you REALLY like Sam I guess.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1240 on: November 04, 2022, 07:19:18 AM »
Oh, there's been some fondling of Sam on this board.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1241 on: November 04, 2022, 07:23:31 AM »
Oh, there's been some fondling of Sam on this board.

That’s because too many of you don’t know balls

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1242 on: November 04, 2022, 08:57:43 AM »
although we haven't seen him play one minute this year, judging from izzo's comments, it's very telling what a REAL coach can do for a players attitude.  yes, part of this is maturation, but surely he needed a bit more guidance his first 2 years out of high school that was obviously lacking.  to become an "all big ten player"...umm, ok.  never bad to aim high, eyn'a?
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1243 on: November 04, 2022, 09:01:21 AM »
although we haven't seen him play one minute this year, judging from izzo's comments, it's very telling what a REAL coach can do for a players attitude.  yes, part of this is maturation, but surely he needed a bit more guidance his first 2 years out of high school that was obviously lacking.  to become an "all big ten player"...umm, ok.  never bad to aim high, eyn'a?

It’s his 5th year in college.  Maybe he’ll stop falling down all the time and become an “all big ten player” now that’s he’s older than all his competetion

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1244 on: November 04, 2022, 09:05:43 AM »
It’s his 5th year in college.  Maybe he’ll stop falling down all the time and become an “all big ten player” now that’s he’s older than all his competetion

Haha right. He’s only been with his “REAL” coach for 4 years now. Takes a while to change that attitude I guess.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1245 on: November 04, 2022, 09:07:01 AM »
Haha right. He’s only been with his “REAL” coach for 4 years now. Takes a while to change that attitude I guess.

That’s how a real coach operates.  Let the guy underachieve for two years to change his attitude in his 3rd year (5th year for realZ)

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1246 on: November 04, 2022, 09:13:42 AM »
The turning point in my attitude toward Joey came watching Izzo screaming at him on the bench while Joey, almost in tears, said 'I don't know what you want me to do. '

At that point, I moved on.

I like Sparty and Izzo.   It would be nice if Joey was productive.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #1247 on: November 04, 2022, 11:11:29 AM »
The turning point in my attitude toward Joey came watching Izzo screaming at him on the bench while Joey, almost in tears, said 'I don't know what you want me to do. '

At that point, I moved on.

I like Sparty and Izzo.   It would be nice if Joey was productive.

Play harder!!
Bring back FFP!!!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1248 on: November 04, 2022, 11:13:35 AM »
Izzo has spent the last couple of years sitting Joey every time he was selfish on the offensive end or lazy on the defensive end.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #1249 on: November 04, 2022, 11:34:58 AM »
Izzo has spent the last couple of years sitting Joey every time he was selfish on the offensive end or lazy on the defensive end.

The most ironic thing is Wojo utilized his skill set (including protecting his weaknesses) better than Izzo. Izzo has him in a role within his system which is how Izzo has been successful. That transition has not been kind to Pal Joey.

feedback