Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Defense Forgot to Travel  (Read 4465 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Defense Forgot to Travel
« on: December 03, 2022, 04:33:29 PM »
And it didn’t have to go very far.

The scheme is absolutely horrendous. If Steven Crowl beats you in the post then Steven Crowl beats you in the post. And it’s pretty easy to make adjustments when the double comes at the exact same time every single time (first dribble). Doesn’t take Ners to figure out the scheme there.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2022, 04:35:07 PM by wadesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Defense Forgot to Travel
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 04:44:30 PM »
Hell of a block by Chase. He is good.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 04:46:22 PM »
Tough break and swing there. 

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 05:55:05 PM »
Not making open shots, and not adjusting sooner by Shaka did us in.
Goal is National Championship

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 06:42:28 PM »
wades

I used to think you were knowledgeable on the game, what happened to you? Defense does travel and continue to improve defensively.

Daniel

• All American
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 06:52:44 PM »

Not adjusting is the key.   Why do we wait for “halftime adjustments?”   Make them sooner!  The first half killed us.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2022, 06:56:20 PM »

Marquette shot fine.  But I agree that the defensive adjustments were the issue.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2022, 07:00:48 PM »
wades

I used to think you were knowledgeable on the game, what happened to you? Defense does travel and continue to improve defensively.

+1

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2022, 07:23:17 PM »
wades

Today was a big step back defensively. We made a horrible offensive team look like the KD version of the Golden State Warriors.

Boone

• All American
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2022, 07:24:51 PM »
Goose:

What made u ever think that?

Goose

• All American
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2022, 07:27:21 PM »
Boone

My bad.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2022, 07:54:25 PM »
Marquette shot fine.  But I agree that the defensive adjustments were the issue.
Open shots missed...wide open shots too many missed.
Goal is National Championship

• All American
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2022, 08:05:20 PM »
Open shots missed...wide open shots too many missed.

Eh. I mean OK. They shot above their season average from both 2 and 3.  Problem was their defense.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2022, 08:16:58 PM »
wades

Defended Wojo for 7 years, thought h had the chops to turn us into “Duke North”.

Regularly criticizes Shaka’s recruiting and coaching.

Thought we had no chance at the tournament this year. Now thinks we have a chance only if Sean Jones is our best player (he’s not and won’t be this year at least).

I don’t think he really believes any of this nonsense - at least I hope so. But he was all in on our previous coach and he (Wade’s) is kinda stubborn once he goes on record.

• All American
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2022, 08:22:02 PM »
Defended Wojo for 7 years, thought h had the chops to turn us into “Duke North”.

Thought we had no chance at the tournament this year. Now thinks we have a chance only if Sean Jones is our best player (he’s not and won’t be this year at least).

I don’t think he really believes any of this nonsense - at least I hope so. But he was all in on our previous coach and he (Wade’s) is kinda stubborn once he goes on record.

Of course Lennys wakes up just in time to remember his password and log on to rag on wades.

So very Chicos.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2022, 08:22:35 PM »

Actually I was one of the few that thought we’d be a bubble team going into last season. But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story!

By the way, way to call out those people who were wrong in their predictions today like you did Tuesday, after not making a prediction of your own!

Spineless.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2022, 08:23:12 PM »
Why did we continue to run the fake man to man press instead of the diamond we saw VS Baylor

• All American
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2022, 08:24:08 PM »
Actually I was one of the few that thought we’d be a bubble team going into last season. But don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story!

By the way, way to call out those people who were wrong in their predictions today like you did Tuesday, after not making a prediction of your own!

Spineless.

Yep.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2022, 08:25:14 PM »
wades

I am pretty sure you were raised to respect people and you have lost that respect. Don’t be a knob.

• All American
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2022, 08:26:49 PM »
wades

I am pretty sure you were raised to respect people and you have lost that respect. Don’t be a knob.

LOL what?

Lenny's is AWOL all day and logs on specifically to call on wades?  Respect is earned, not granted. And he's done very little to earn it.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2022, 08:27:44 PM »
Something most fans have been worried about is how MU is going to handle large post players.   We now know.  Aggressive double teams.  In the second half, without the evil Chucky doll with the big daggers, MU's rotation improved.  A couple of camera shots showed really great weak side rotation with the double.   
Wiscy made 3's and did something really out of character by attacking the offensive boards.

The only thing to do now is learn and improve.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2022, 08:29:28 PM »
wades

I hit the family lottery. I’m comfortable with who I am. And I’m pretty confident my parents are proud of the person they’ve raised. But none of that has anything to do with MUBB.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2022, 08:32:38 PM »
sultan

I have not responded to you in ages, but a couple of comments:

1. You do know ball.
2. I believe wades was raised 10000% by a great family and he should not be a dick.
3. Lenny is a very good man and has been a great fan a long time. You may not like him, but your loss.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2022, 08:33:24 PM »
Double post, sorry

• All American
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2022, 08:36:07 PM »
sultan

I have not responded to you in ages, but a couple of comments:

1. You do know ball.
2. I believe wades was raised 10000% by a great family and he should not be a dick.
3. Lenny is a very good man and has been a great fan a long time. You may not like him, but your loss.

1. Thank you. I think you and I are in complete agreement about where the program is heading.
2. Absolutely.
3. I'm sure he is a good guy.  But he gets a little to obsessed with people here at times and it makes him look a little petty.

feedback