[Today at 12:16:04 PM]

More conference realignment talk by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[Today at 11:43:21 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by DegenerateDish
[Today at 10:58:59 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by cheebs09
[May 12, 2024, 09:16:55 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Not how Baylor Drew it up  (Read 9165 times)

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: Not how Baylor Drew it up
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2022, 04:53:18 AM »
Yikes, definitely struck a chord, wow to be personally attacked, my comment was about his post (which in my opinion I felt was warranted and could be responded back to with some light banter)you know nothing about me other than what I said in my post and if you did, you would have reached out to me and said WTF, but oh well this board is toxic, I’ve felt that way for awhile… sorry my posts have been so triggering, mod’s  please delete my profile, or I’ll never be back, either way same result, Go Marquette, Muggsy, I’ll be rooting for you from a far, thanks for being a positive influence on this board, I’m out

Lol. You thought this comment could have been responded to with “light banter?”

“Game is over feel free to spout your drivel

Not insightful, low hanging fruit”

And you think the RESPONSES to this were an example of toxicity and not the actual post itself?  😂😂😂
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2022, 05:48:55 AM »
How about that Marquette win?
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2022, 06:04:09 AM »
Yes, warriorstrack, this place can be toxic. Thank you for for celebrating a glorious win by striving to make it less toxic.
Yup, my stuff can be drivel.   It is a message board.  Everybody's stuff is drivel.   I started doing my post game posts in an attempt to keep the post game discussion in one thread.   No biggie.

Lenny, nobody saw a 26 point win over a top 10 team.     Paraphrasing, I said this team had the widest distance between its ceiling and floor of any I could remember.  Sticking with that, last night was a cathedral ceiling.   Still glorious the next morning.     Try to find some joy, brother.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2022, 06:13:34 AM »
Yes, warriorstrack, this place can be toxic. Thank you for for celebrating a glorious win by striving to make it less toxic.
Yup, my stuff can be drivel.   It is a message board.  Everybody's stuff is drivel.   I started doing my post game posts in an attempt to keep the post game discussion in one thread.   No biggie.

Lenny, nobody saw a 26 point win over a top 10 team.     Paraphrasing, I said this team had the widest distance between its ceiling and floor of any I could remember.  Sticking with that, last night was a cathedral ceiling.   Still glorious the next morning.     Try to find some joy, brother.

Defense gave up 45 in the second half.  Very concerning
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2022, 06:26:33 AM »
They said during the broadcast that Gold's parents were at the game.   The kid had to show off a little.   Awesome.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2022, 06:40:07 AM »
Lenny

This team is far better than last year at this time and deep as hell. They surprised everyone, including me, tonight but this team can make some noise.

Have we peaked too soon?

duanewade

• Team Captain
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2022, 06:42:07 AM »
After dark on the game. These guys know their stuff on Marquette and Shaka and a lot of other programs too.

https://youtu.be/-l21qEI_pJ8
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 06:58:29 AM by duanewade »

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2022, 08:01:20 AM »
How about that Marquette win?
Who cares...
Goal is National Championship

1SE

• All American
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2022, 08:10:45 AM »
Great win and no doubt will be very important for us come selection Sunday.

Let's hope November success translates to March success this year.
Real Warriors Demand Excellence

BLWarrior91

• All American
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2022, 08:18:36 AM »
After dark on the game. These guys know their stuff on Marquette and Shaka and a lot of other programs too.

Thanks for sharing.  This was great.  Really good insight into our team and the program.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2022, 08:29:52 AM »

Thanks for that link.

"This is a tournament team, a borderline top-25 team, and a team that is right in the mix for top 4 in the Big East."

I agree!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2022, 08:30:33 AM »
They looked like all that and more last night.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2022, 08:34:21 AM »
As a former four year intramural athlete at Marquette I am thrilled with that performance last night.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2022, 08:44:40 AM »
As a former four year intramural athlete at Marquette I am thrilled with that performance last night.

But were you at the game?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2022, 08:50:22 AM »
Since we're picking nits and making the place toxic.  Is a blow out win over a top 10 team such a common occurrence that some of the sweater vests felt the need to leave early?  I get that the result was no longer in doubt but the amount of people streaming out at the under 8 and under 4 was shocking, stay and enjoy the win.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2022, 08:58:11 AM »
Since we're picking nits and making the place toxic.  Is a blow out win over a top 10 team such a common occurrence that some of the sweater vests felt the need to leave early?  I get that the result was no longer in doubt but the amount of people streaming out at the under 8 and under 4 was shocking, stay and enjoy the win.

To be fair, many people come from Chicagoland. If I made the drive I'd have left then too
Maigh Eo for Sam

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2022, 09:01:16 AM »
But were you at the game?

Of course.

BUT DA TRAFFIC.

I'm with ya. There was no way I was leaving early.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2022, 09:01:40 AM »
To be fair, many people come from Chicagoland. If I made the drive I'd have left then too

I did for years come from Chicago. Never left early. We're not talking that much traffic.

Big question with this team is can they sustain it? It's not enough to win, they need to sustain their winning. That's eluded us for several years.

We shall see.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2022, 09:03:43 AM »
+1

I'm not sure if it's just a Marquette thing or not but it seems we have the worst-in-every-way sweater vest population in all of college basketball.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2022, 09:12:49 AM »
I did for years come from Chicago. Never left early. We're not talking that much traffic.

Big question with this team is can they sustain it? It's not enough to win, they need to sustain their winning. That's eluded us for several years.

We shall see.

You came from a northern suburb bruv 10-20min is a world of difference for those heading into the city or to the west or to the south. 
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2022, 09:13:58 AM »
And Wades.

Happy to be wrong.  Love guys who didn't make any prediction coming on here and calling out people who did, lol.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2022, 09:17:21 AM »

Like most here, I definitely have my own thoughts about the game when it is over. So, the 1st thread I read after the game is yours, Tower.

I always want to see how my thoughts compare with both you and those who respond to your post. Did we see the same things? What did I miss? Etc. etc.

As a Marquette fan, this drivel adds to the enjoyment of the game itself.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2022, 09:17:53 AM »

A lot of us stayed to the end.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2022, 09:18:06 AM »
+1

I'm not sure if it's just a Marquette thing or not but it seems we have the worst-in-every-way sweater vest population in all of college basketball.
And we were booing them in the 80's.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2022, 09:19:20 AM »
Happy to be wrong.  Love guys who didn't make any prediction coming on here and calling out people who did, lol.

Being proved wrong is one of the joys of life.

It should happen to us all even more.