[Today at 03:27:33 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 03:22:49 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 12:46:07 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 317073 times)

MU82

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1325 on: May 28, 2020, 09:24:37 PM »

Geez, maybe we should all stand 7' 4" apart and march in place holdin' our johnsons, hey?

Doc, I think you should let as many mouth-breathers as you’d like get right in your face. But then don’t get near anybody else until you’ve been tested. You have the right to kill yourself but not somebody else.

Or you could just take a shortcut and inject Lysol into your lungs as your emperor suggested.

I seriously hope you don’t get sick, though, because I like you being on Scoop.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1326 on: May 29, 2020, 03:04:20 AM »
I've been on the front line all along within 6 inches of pie holes, dressed like an astronaut and doing the things I love doing.
When patients have issues, calling Ghostbusters isn't going to help, but a Marquette dentist can and will. Its in our DNA.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1327 on: May 29, 2020, 05:54:35 AM »
More people die because of more testing? More people are hospitalized because of more testing?

Now you’are really reaching.

Edit: sorry 82. I just saw your post.

Lagged reporting will. See the numbers of dead over the weekend. The political narratives you all run on need to stop. Report facts, not skewed stats.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1328 on: May 29, 2020, 09:18:46 AM »
I've been on the front line all along within 6 inches of pie holes, dressed like an astronaut and doing the things I love doing.
When patients have issues, calling Ghostbusters isn't going to help, but a Marquette dentist can and will. Its in our DNA.

If this coronavirus thing is severely overstated or not even real as many suggest, why even bother wearing PPE?

Obviously, just being facetious there, Doc. Thanks for doing what you do. It's important work.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1329 on: May 29, 2020, 03:41:30 PM »
New record again for WI.  733 new cases, crushing the 601 record.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1330 on: May 29, 2020, 03:57:04 PM »
New record again for WI.  733 new cases, crushing the 601 record.

Also a single day record for total test reported at 13,600 crushing the record set the previous day by almost 3,000.

Positivity rate is still sitting below 7% ever across the last three days. This implies two things, the disease is spreading more and we are capturing more asymptomatic or per-symptomatic folks.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1331 on: May 29, 2020, 04:33:21 PM »
Also a single day record for total test reported at 13,600 crushing the record set the previous day by almost 3,000.

Positivity rate is still sitting below 7% ever across the last three days. This implies two things, the disease is spreading more and we are capturing more asymptomatic or per-symptomatic folks.

The latter is not implied. The data itself does not say anything about capturing more asymptomatic or per-symptomatic folks.

It just means that we are running more tests, and identifying more cases. The severity of the individuals testing positive is not present in the data, or implied by the data.

It quite honestly could mean that there are more cases out there now (higher positives) and we are testing a bunch of people that shouldn't be tested (no chance of being positive). Leading both to more tests, and more positives. The exact scenario cannot be determined from the data itself.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1332 on: May 29, 2020, 04:49:04 PM »
The latter is not implied. The data itself does not say anything about capturing more asymptomatic or per-symptomatic folks.

It just means that we are running more tests, and identifying more cases. The severity of the individuals testing positive is not present in the data, or implied by the data.

It quite honestly could mean that there are more cases out there now (higher positives) and we are testing a bunch of people that shouldn't be tested (no chance of being positive). Leading both to more tests, and more positives. The exact scenario cannot be determined from the data itself.

You can if you use the active case data, hospitalization rates, and the other various data provided by the the health department.

Side note. I'd love to know who these no chance to be positive people are, what they are doing and how I can be them.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1333 on: May 29, 2020, 05:04:26 PM »
You can if you use the active case data, hospitalization rates, and the other various data provided by the the health department.

Side note. I'd love to know who these no chance to be positive people are, what they are doing and how I can be them.

Badger fans.  They aren’t human
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1334 on: May 29, 2020, 05:12:20 PM »

I have not been tested, but have talked to dozens of people who have here in Racine. Not one was because they had symptoms - all precautionary.

So, totals and percentages may not mean much. Hospitalizations totals do.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1335 on: May 29, 2020, 05:15:55 PM »
I have not been tested, but have talked to dozens of people who have here in Racine. Not one was because they had symptoms - all precautionary.

So, totals and percentages may not mean much. Hospitalizations totals do.

Glad to hear you can get testing in Racine now, aina.   8-)

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1336 on: May 29, 2020, 08:34:45 PM »
Glad to hear you can get testing in Racine now, aina.   8-)

Everybody who wants to get tested was the lie in early March. Finally in late May, almost everyone that wants to get tested in Racine can.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1337 on: May 29, 2020, 08:36:18 PM »
16 days out from republican Supreme Court ruling, we have highest 3-day death total yet in Wisconsin.

Just a coincidence.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1338 on: May 29, 2020, 08:44:57 PM »
16 days out from republican Supreme Court ruling, we have highest 3-day death total yet in Wisconsin.

Just a coincidence.

It literally is

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1339 on: May 29, 2020, 09:17:29 PM »
That Wisconsin is testing more people is not the only reason case positives are going up.

Please, someone math this up. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1340 on: May 29, 2020, 09:30:59 PM »

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: May 29, 2020, 10:33:57 PM »

Not sure what you mean by "active case data," but hospitalization rates are a lagging indicator. It is also highly dependent on age. So we could be doing a better job protecting elderly, but still seeing more severe cases. Essentially, and I know you will agree, we need far more comprehensive data/statistics than is publicly available to make more specific assertions.

I know people that haven't left their house in over a month. All food etc., coming from grocery delivery services. Haven't had contact with people outside of their home for a month or more. They went and got tested. It is not that unusual, there are people that are really bothered by the unknown, and even though they have never been possibly exposed and have no symptoms they are going and getting their free CoVID-19 test.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1342 on: May 30, 2020, 06:38:03 AM »
Not sure what you mean by "active case data," but hospitalization rates are a lagging indicator. It is also highly dependent on age. So we could be doing a better job protecting elderly, but still seeing more severe cases. Essentially, and I know you will agree, we need far more comprehensive data/statistics than is publicly available to make more specific assertions.

I know people that haven't left their house in over a month. All food etc., coming from grocery delivery services. Haven't had contact with people outside of their home for a month or more. They went and got tested. It is not that unusual, there are people that are really bothered by the unknown, and even though they have never been possibly exposed and have no symptoms they are going and getting their free CoVID-19 test.

Over the last three days, we've had over 30,000 tests reported with a positivity rate of 6.1%. May 1st we had a positivity rate of 12%......how many of these shut ins you describe(I 100% believe you that they exist) would have to have decided simultaneously in the last week go out and get test to have a statistically significant impact.

I have no doubt that Covid is continuing to spread and most likely at a rate faster than it was previous to the SC decision. However if you look and mobility data, the testing data, hospitalization rates, etc O believe the following
-We still have decent control over the spread
-Generally, the population is behaving as asked, there are no doubt outliers but on the whole people are staying home a lot more than normal
-The disease seems to be less deadly and resulting in less hospitalizations so far (hospitalization count is not going up at the same volume as the positive test count, and hospitalizations are typically happening with two weeks of infection). This is still a very dangerous disease but we are seeing improvements that should be acknowledged
-We have at least another week until we get any irrefutable evidence whether the open up fiasco had a detrimental impact on containing the virus.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1343 on: May 30, 2020, 08:57:21 AM »
Congratulations on now being a COVID 'hotspot'.     It isn't as exciting as they make it sound.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1344 on: May 30, 2020, 09:40:54 AM »
Congratulations on now being a COVID 'hotspot'.     It isn't as exciting as they make it sound.

Summer tourist hotspot too.  Things will probably get more icky than people are expecting.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1345 on: May 30, 2020, 12:41:12 PM »

Just a coincidence.

The last three days have seen 8, 9, and 9 deaths.  Is it the highest 3 days since the ruling change?  Yes. The rolling 3 day average prior to the last three days was 8 deaths a day and it has now jumped to 8.67 deaths per day.  Now we have two choices here.  We can say it jumped just under 9%, which is accurate, but that is looking at infinitely small number uptick over a small time frame.   Or, we can look at the absolute numbers and say what was 8 per day is now still less than 9 per day which is incredibly small.  Different people will react differently to spin it as they wish. 

Prior to the ruling from April 10th to April 21st, the state had 11 deaths a day each day.  Using any three days in that time period is 33 deaths over 3 days.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/wisconsin

The death rate for Wisconsin is 9 per 100,000.  One of the lowest in the country.  Here, it is 41 per 100,000, one of the highest in the country.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1346 on: May 30, 2020, 09:37:36 PM »
The last three days have seen 8, 9, and 9 deaths.  Is it the highest 3 days since the ruling change?  Yes. The rolling 3 day average prior to the last three days was 8 deaths a day and it has now jumped to 8.67 deaths per day.  Now we have two choices here.  We can say it jumped just under 9%, which is accurate, but that is looking at infinitely small number uptick over a small time frame.   Or, we can look at the absolute numbers and say what was 8 per day is now still less than 9 per day which is incredibly small.  Different people will react differently to spin it as they wish. 

Prior to the ruling from April 10th to April 21st, the state had 11 deaths a day each day.  Using any three days in that time period is 33 deaths over 3 days.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/wisconsin

The death rate for Wisconsin is 9 per 100,000.  One of the lowest in the country.  Here, it is 41 per 100,000, one of the highest in the country.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109011/coronavirus-covid19-death-rates-us-by-state/

My favorite thing about you, is that you think that you're smarter than people who are experts in their field.

It's absolutely hilarious to watch you twist yourself in mental knots to justify your point.

Because you do it so poorly.

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #1347 on: May 30, 2020, 10:45:12 PM »
My favorite thing about you, is that you think that you're smarter than people who are experts in their field.

It's absolutely hilarious to watch you twist yourself in mental knots to justify your point.

Because you do it so poorly.

I am not smarter than the experts in this field, but based on terrible modeling from day one, shifting opinions on the virus not passable by humans, masks won't work, sunlight does nothing, masks may work, it is passable to humans, it seems to me the experts in the field aren't very good either.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1348 on: May 30, 2020, 11:43:28 PM »
I am not smarter than the experts in this field, but based on terrible modeling from day one, shifting opinions on the virus not passable by humans, masks won't work, sunlight does nothing, masks may work, it is passable to humans, it seems to me the experts in the field aren't very good either.

LMFAO

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1349 on: June 05, 2020, 01:25:59 PM »
MU weighs in on Wisconsin's situation ..

https://www.marquette.edu/athletic-human-performance-research-center/documents/commentary-covid-masks.pdf

First bullet:

Wisconsin’s COVID-19 curve has not been flattened and the state now has one of the worst COVID-19 outbreaks in the nation