[Today at 08:37:46 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 06:46:15 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Hards Alumni
[May 05, 2024, 01:00:40 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[May 05, 2024, 05:22:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 317029 times)

MUDPT

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1300 on: May 28, 2020, 09:15:44 AM »
Fair enough, should have used “unlikely” but I think we’re all smart enough to understand the gist of the original statement.

Thank you. All of this is gray. I think the public believes there is a right and wrong process for every medical decision. And it rarely is black and white.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1301 on: May 28, 2020, 09:27:20 AM »
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately the data has become politicized up the ying yang. Also, I've found that the general population understands zero order stats (totals, average, etc) but once you start getting into first and second order stats (variance, rates, utilization, etc). Let's not even talk about higher order stats like skewness.

I liked my simple equation the best.   ;D

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1302 on: May 28, 2020, 09:34:33 AM »
Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately the data has become politicized up the ying yang. Also, I've found that the general population understands zero order stats (totals, average, etc) but once you start getting into first and second order stats (variance, rates, utilization, etc). Let's not even talk about higher order stats like skewness.

Ugh.  This is America.  We don’t do math
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1303 on: May 28, 2020, 09:48:00 AM »

We all should be better consumers of news, data, etc.  However the general population will always need things communicated in a way that makes it easy to understand and isnt going to go hunting for things.  The Gov's can do this--the federal gov't can report metrics that matter.  Not rocket science -- This is the metric, this is what it means, our target is X, we are here.

As an example, our state used hospitalizations as a key metric to reopen.  The thing I didnt know until yesterday when I found that Axios report (linked in the COVID thread) report is that our hospitalization capacity (for COVID) is still way above some states and clearly peaked at much higher numbers. Seeing this made me better appreciate why some of the frustration is out there.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1305 on: May 28, 2020, 10:39:38 AM »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1306 on: May 28, 2020, 11:43:48 AM »
Testing is also massively improved since then as well, but let's ignore that part.

More people die because of more testing? More people are hospitalized because of more testing?

Now you’are really reaching.

Edit: sorry 82. I just saw your post.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 11:47:50 AM by Jockey »

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1307 on: May 28, 2020, 11:46:54 AM »
As discussed a million times on here death is a lagging indicator.  Not a chance the death count from yesterday came from folks who got infected since the SC ruling.  Keep spinning MU82

Wrong. SC decision was 15 days ago. This is exactly when you would expect deaths to rise.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1308 on: May 28, 2020, 11:54:18 AM »

I love your posts, Eng. Always the engineer.

I do look forward to an off the rails rant from you, though.  ;)

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1309 on: May 28, 2020, 12:51:01 PM »
I love your posts, Eng. Always the engineer.

I do look forward to an off the rails rant from you, though.  ;)

Eh, I'll leave that to the professionals  ;)
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1310 on: May 28, 2020, 12:57:20 PM »
Wrong. SC decision was 15 days ago. This is exactly when you would expect deaths to rise.

This is the earliest you would see a person actually die if infected at the reopening, wouldn't show up in the count until next week.

"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1311 on: May 28, 2020, 01:26:43 PM »
This is the earliest you would see a person actually die if infected at the reopening, wouldn't show up in the count until next week.

That doesn't jive with jockitch's narrative tho.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1312 on: May 28, 2020, 02:32:27 PM »
New record today .. 601 new cases, 23 deaths also a record.

Deaths per day:
May 23:  11
May 24:  3
May 25:  4
May 26:  3
May 27:  22
May 28:  11

hmmm...did a bunch of people take off dying over the 3 day weekend or was there just a lag in reporting?  This is why 1 day numbers are worthless.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #1313 on: May 28, 2020, 02:45:43 PM »
Deaths per day:
May 23:  11
May 24:  3
May 25:  4
May 26:  3
May 27:  22
May 28:  11

hmmm...did a bunch of people take off dying over the 3 day weekend or was there just a lag in reporting?  This is why 1 day numbers are worthless.

Can you prove they didn't take off dying?
Maigh Eo for Sam

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1314 on: May 28, 2020, 02:47:50 PM »
I posted the new numbers because they are .. new numbers.  I do think it's .. at best unproven that the higher numbers we're seeing is entirely correlated to the SCOWIS decision to open .. but #1 .. the data doesn't look good and #2 .. time will tell.   Wait 10 days, 20, 30.

If you were in Vegas, the house wouldn't let you bet on an upward trajectory at even odds.

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1315 on: May 28, 2020, 03:03:27 PM »
And not surprising, the Wisconsin State Fair is officially canceled.  Was set to open August 6. 
Ludum habemus.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1317 on: May 28, 2020, 03:18:51 PM »
If you were in Vegas, the house wouldn't let you bet on an upward trajectory at even odds.

This.

Unfortunately, the near-panicked rush to reopen almost certainly will have wrought havoc.

Times of crisis give us insight into national and local leadership (or lack thereof) that good times cannot.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1319 on: May 28, 2020, 03:32:42 PM »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1320 on: May 28, 2020, 03:55:00 PM »
This.

Unfortunately, the near-panicked rush to reopen almost certainly will have wrought havoc.
Times of crisis give us insight into national and local leadership (or lack thereof) that good times cannot.

Geez, maybe we should all stand 7' 4" apart and march in place holdin' our johnsons, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1321 on: May 28, 2020, 03:58:31 PM »
Wear masks.   Wash your hands.    Act as if going somewhere needlessly could kill you.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1322 on: May 28, 2020, 04:17:25 PM »

Geez, maybe we should all stand 7' 4" apart and march in place holdin' our johnsons, hey?

So you’re in the trump camp that mocks 100,000 dead Americans?

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #1323 on: May 28, 2020, 04:24:50 PM »
I read that Kenosha tweet. What is also disturbing in it was that people do not want to cooperate with the public health nurses doing contact tracing,

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #1324 on: May 28, 2020, 04:29:56 PM »
Well, this is just awesome.

https://wxow.com/2020/05/22/shawano-county-campground-owner-says-shell-treat-wearing-masks-on-her-property-as-a-burglary-in-progress/

So, she thinks she has the right to murder responsible people?

Since some see masks as political - and Trump thanked a tweeter today for saying the only good Democrat is a dead democrat (in a church, no less) - we can’t be surprised by her lunacy.