[Today at 06:06:48 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Billy Hoyle
[Today at 05:33:31 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by BLWarrior91
[Today at 05:19:00 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by burger
[Today at 03:05:13 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Can you imagine no salt on the roads in Chicago, Milwaukee, NYC?  (Read 8542 times)

TallTitan34

• All American
  • Gold N. Eagle (Ret.), Two Time SI Cover Model
    • Marquette Overload
Re: Can you imagine no salt on the roads in Chicago, Milwaukee, NYC?
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2008, 10:40:04 PM »
My freshman year I lived in Carpenter Tower and had a view of I-43 right outside my window.  I can't even count  how many times a car slid into the wall on the highway because of no salt or plowing. 

The best instance was when I saw a truck beginning to slide out and yelled for robmufan and marqptm to come check it out.  They had time to walk over to my room and see the truck before it hit the wall.

dsfire

• All American
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2008, 09:59:03 AM »
People in Southern California are crazy over snow.  I was out there over Christmas week, and four feet of snow had dumped on Wrightwood in three days the previous week.  This spurred everyone from down below to drive up to the mountains and park on the shoulders of state highways to play in snow wherever they could, whether that was 10 feet from passing cars or in the middle of someone's yard.  They continued to do so well past sundown and even in spots where it was dirty, worn-down snow.

I mean hey, I like to play in the snow from time to time, but sledding into the highway in the dark is a different matter altogether.  ?-(

🏀

• All American
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2008, 10:35:02 AM »

The best instance was when I saw a truck beginning to slide out and yelled for robmufan and marqptm to come check it out.  They had time to walk over to my room and see the truck before it hit the wall.

This indeed happened. However, with all respect to Milwaukee, WISDot is responsible for taking care of the freeways.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 02:08:10 PM »
People in Southern California are crazy over snow.  I was out there over Christmas week, and four feet of snow had dumped on Wrightwood in three days the previous week.  This spurred everyone from down below to drive up to the mountains and park on the shoulders of state highways to play in snow wherever they could, whether that was 10 feet from passing cars or in the middle of someone's yard.  They continued to do so well past sundown and even in spots where it was dirty, worn-down snow.

I mean hey, I like to play in the snow from time to time, but sledding into the highway in the dark is a different matter altogether.  ?-(

Yeah, they are crazy about it.  It's something about driving an hour to get to the snow and then driving an hour the other way to go to the beach that has people wound up.  Personally, I'll take Colorado or Utah snow, or even Flagstaff, AZ.  Mammoth is ok, Tahoe is great, but overcrowded like everything else in this state.  Ugh.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 02:08:58 PM »
My peeps in Seattle said the garbage is now piling up high in parts of the city because the sanitation trucks can't get to it due to lack of salting the roads.  I'm sure the rotting garbage is great for the enviornment.   ::)