collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?  (Read 86870 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: Another Black man killed by cops ... this time by accident?
« Reply #600 on: April 23, 2021, 04:14:44 PM »
What did Georgia do immediately after voting Biden? They passed some of the craziest voting restrictions out there. Idk why you're bringing up Florida or Georgia though while yes they're in the south they're clearly not the states I was really talking about.

You'll find out real quick that if you come at someone (or a state) with a "I'm superior to you" attitude your gunna have a bad time. Just an fyi.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #601 on: April 23, 2021, 04:40:06 PM »
You'll find out real quick that if you come at someone (or a state) with a "I'm superior to you" attitude your gunna have a bad time. Just an fyi.

So rather than addressing what I said this is your response?

And I do that visiting Arizona twice a year and only had a bad time once.
Maigh Eo for Sam

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #602 on: April 23, 2021, 04:47:30 PM »
What did Georgia do immediately after voting Biden? They passed some of the craziest voting restrictions out there. Idk why you're bringing up Florida or Georgia though while yes they're in the south they're clearly not the states I was really talking about.

So you’re talking “the entire south” but not including GA or FL, which is almost 55% of the southern population if your not including Tennessee in the South, 48% if you are.

Then there is NC.  With a Democrat for a governor and one of their senators was one of only a handful to vote to impeach Trump.   Add NC and you have 2/3 of the South in “not what I meant by the South”.

Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana are not going to turn any tides in this country unless you’re talking CFB

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #603 on: April 23, 2021, 05:00:49 PM »
So you’re talking “the entire south” but not including GA or FL, which is almost 55% of the southern population if your not including Tennessee in the South, 48% if you are.

Then there is NC.  With a Democrat for a governor and one of their senators was one of only a handful to vote to impeach Trump.   Add NC and you have 2/3 of the South in “not what I meant by the South”.

Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana are not going to turn any tides in this country unless you’re talking CFB

I'm not asking to turn any tides here, and it's not just the red states, I'm not pro New Mexico or AZ either. I'd prefer to cut the top 10-15 from this list. (misremembered where Arkansas is on there)

https://www.moneygeek.com/living/states-most-reliant-federal-government/

Edit: for the record if we abolished the electoral college then I'm very much in favor of keeping the country as is. But I stand by its BS that the overrepresentation that so many rural states and populations get.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 05:06:29 PM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #604 on: April 23, 2021, 05:16:29 PM »
I’m not calling it fake news, but I don’t put much weight behind a pretty left slanted publication like Slate picking and choosing tidbits from polls with less than 1000 Republican respondents and thus claiming vast majority of right of center Americans supported the insurrection and still think the election was stolen.  Same way I wouldn’t deeply take to heart an article from the Washington Examiner citing polls claiming liberal Americans overwhelmingly support the abolition of police forces
Feel free to Google other polls from other sources. I believe you'll find that far from the "nearly unanimous condemnation" the poster mentioned, a terrifyingly large swath of Republicans sympathized with the insurrectionists and continue to do so.

Further, i don't think the majority of Republicans can be described as "right of center" any longer.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 07:06:12 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #605 on: April 23, 2021, 06:07:47 PM »
Not to mention a terrifying swath of GQP elected officials who not only don't condemn the deadly coup attempt but claim it was both righteous and "no big deal." And a few of 'em even helped incite it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #606 on: April 23, 2021, 06:48:33 PM »
The sedition caucus.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #607 on: April 23, 2021, 07:30:14 PM »
roc, I don't think anyone on here is defending the clowns at BLM, Inc.  We defend the concept that Black Lives Matter.  If I started a "charity" called Lyme Disease is Bad and used proceeds to funnel money to Badger Football would you automatically default to Lyme Disease is Good? No one is saying support BLM GN, what the vast majority of people are saying is listen to the struggles of those amongst us who are disenfranchised.  Don't let some opportunists who stole the name for their own cause ruin a good thing.

lens brother, i hope you are right on the "the clowns".  understand the "concept" of BLM is what?  their web site?  i disagree with pretty much all of the web site.  black lives absolutely do matter, yes yes yes, but then the "clowns" take it to another level that is disturbing to say the least.  the violence and destruction is not acceptable.  all lives suffer from their actions. particularly the inner city people.  walgreens in san francisco, for example, closed 10 stores.  where will those people get their Rx's filled, not to mention everything else wally's sells-sundries, food, etc

so what is BLM?  if i try to tell my coach i ain't wearing that black patch on my jersey, that opens the door to some really bad reactions/misunderstandings.  in order for real black lives to matter, their leadership needs to clarify some stuff. stop the burning, looting.  decry the murders, carjackings etc.  leaders lead.  lebron, obama, jackson, sharpton only fuel the fires. there are some serious cry's for help in the inner cities that are being ignored by BLM.  if they truly cared, there would be no hesitations on their part to funnel some of that money to them. estimations are that they have collected upwards of $100 million.  that is A LOT of cash!  let's just say that is high.  ok, $50 million? 

as for the most recent police shooting in ohio-that cop is a hero.  he had a split second to react.  there could have been far more lives affected.  unfortunately it ended the way it did, but the police were called.  there was no time for negotiating.  that one knife could have affected a lot more lives. 

we have been saying countless times-there are some bad cops.  the police have to do better policing themselves.  it would save us a lot of lives as well, including their own. 

don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #608 on: April 23, 2021, 08:38:59 PM »
   so what is BLM?  if i try to tell my coach i ain't wearing that black patch on my jersey, that opens the door to some really bad reactions/misunderstandings.  in order for real black lives to matter, their leadership needs to clarify some stuff. stop the burning, looting.  decry the murders, carjackings etc.  leaders lead.  lebron, obama, jackson, sharpton only fuel the fires. there are some serious cry's for help in the inner cities that are being ignored by BLM.  if they truly cared, there would be no hesitations on their part to funnel some of that money to them. estimations are that they have collected upwards of $100 million.  that is A LOT of cash!  let's just say that is high.  ok, $50 million? 

My God you still don't get it...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #609 on: April 23, 2021, 09:56:52 PM »

My God you still don't get it...

what's with you?   you should pray a little for some understanding and acceptance that not all people think like you...thank God
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #610 on: April 23, 2021, 10:11:54 PM »
lens brother, i hope you are right on the "the clowns".  understand the "concept" of BLM is what?  their web site?  i disagree with pretty much all of the web site.  black lives absolutely do matter, yes yes yes, but then the "clowns" take it to another level that is disturbing to say the least.  the violence and destruction is not acceptable.  all lives suffer from their actions. particularly the inner city people.  walgreens in san francisco, for example, closed 10 stores.  where will those people get their Rx's filled, not to mention everything else wally's sells-sundries, food, etc

as for the most recent police shooting in ohio-that cop is a hero.  he had a split second to react.  there could have been far more lives affected.  unfortunately it ended the way it did, but the police were called.  there was no time for negotiating.  that one knife could have affected a lot more lives. 

we have been saying countless times-there are some bad cops.  the police have to do better policing themselves.  it would save us a lot of lives as well, including their own.

Let’s work together to eradicate breast cancer.

“No way. ALL cancers matter!”

I have a toothache.

“Sorry, but ALL aches matter.”

Do you take this woman to be your wife?

“ALL women matter!”

Steve McMichael has ALS.

“ALL ex-Bears matter.”

We are Marquette!

“ALL college basketball teams matter.”

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #611 on: April 24, 2021, 12:14:06 AM »
On day 3 of the MKE BLM marches with black Hawk helicopters swarming over head, BLM protesters marched down my street in Whitefish Bay at 1:30am.  We greeted them with bottles of water.  They gave us high fives.

You get what you give.

WFB cops could have stood “strong” at the border of Shorewood & Bay and kept them from marching on, violence probably would have ensued.  Instead people came out of their homes and cheered them on.

That group ended up back on Port Rd and headed south.  At 2:30am MKE cops tried to enforce curfew.  Used tear gas & rubber bullets. Violence ensued. 

roc, those are the same “violent” protesters you’re worried about.  On the tensest night of the summer, with the biggest march of the night it was peaceful bc a few residents (MU grads) chose water bottles over guns. 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:33:17 AM by The Lens »
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

• All American
« Reply #612 on: April 24, 2021, 06:17:16 AM »
what's with you?   you should pray a little for some understanding and acceptance that not all people think like you...thank God

Oh I completely realize that people don't think like me.  But you STILL lack basic understanding.   
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #613 on: April 24, 2021, 06:54:04 AM »

Oh I completely realize that people don't think like me.  But you STILL lack basic understanding.

He put a borderline racist, at best willfully ignorant, phrase into his username. What did you expect?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #614 on: April 24, 2021, 07:15:06 AM »

He just wants to be able to use racial epitaphs without repercussions
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #615 on: April 24, 2021, 07:21:37 AM »
He just wants to be able to use racial epitaphs without repercussions

He appears to be terrified of the time when white is no longer a majority.

• All American
« Reply #616 on: April 24, 2021, 07:25:32 AM »
He put a borderline racist, at best willfully ignorant, phrase into his username. What did you expect?

Jeez...I didn't even see that.  Not surprising.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #617 on: April 24, 2021, 07:30:52 AM »

I don't know ... I think Black people probably appreciate rocket telling them how to feel, act and choose leaders.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #618 on: April 24, 2021, 08:07:05 AM »
I don't think there is any 'borderline' about it at all. If someone does not see that special attention and care needs to be focused on black lives because black people in our society continue to have their lives, at a minimum, made significantly more difficult or, at a maximum, treated as expendable. And that that care/attention in no way comes at an expense to any other race they are either racist or ignorant.

Being ignorant on this issue in 2021 is a choice and removes it as an option. Which leaves racist. Maybe Rocket is ignorant that his position is consistently racist related to BLM, that's a slightly different conversation and I'd have to be convinced it would lead to a different conclusion.

• All American
« Reply #619 on: April 24, 2021, 08:15:40 AM »
I don't think there is any 'borderline' about it at all. If someone does not see that special attention and care needs to be focused on black lives because black people in our society continue to have their lives, at a minimum, made significantly more difficult or, at a maximum, treated as expendable. And that that care/attention in no way comes at an expense to any other race they are either racist or ignorant.

Being ignorant on this issue in 2021 is a choice and removes it as an option. Which leaves racist. Maybe Rocket is ignorant that his position is consistently racist related to BLM, that's a slightly different conversation and I'd have to be convinced it would lead to a different conclusion.

My experience is that it wouldn't.  Nothing penetrates the bubble he's built for himself.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #620 on: April 24, 2021, 08:21:25 AM »
Back to policing ...

Latest polling shows Americans strongly favor law-enforcement reforms, including 30% of Republicans:

Six in 10 Americans say the country should do more to hold police accountable for mistreatment of Black people, far outpacing concerns about those measures interfering with how law enforcement does its job, according to a Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The nationwide survey also finds that concerns over treatment of Black Americans and other minorities by the criminal justice system which spiked last summer amid national protests after George Floyd’s killing have eased slightly since then. But those concerns remain at the highest point in previous surveys dating back to 1988.

The Post-ABC poll was conducted Sunday through Wednesday, a period that overlaps with Tuesday’s conviction of former police officer Derek Chauvin on three charges, including murder, in Floyd’s killing. While the event has the potential to shift attitudes, the poll found no significant differences between respondents interviewed before and after the verdict’s announcement.

Atop a series of law enforcement killings in recent years, Floyd’s death and the nationwide protests that followed appear to have shaken Americans’ confidence in police. In 2014, 54% said they were confident police were adequately trained to avoid the use of excessive force, but that dropped to 47% last July and 44% this month, with 55% now saying they lack confidence in police on this question.

Along with that shift, Americans now support greater scrutiny of police conduct. A 60% majority say the country should do more to hold police accountable for mistreatment of Black people, while 33% say the country is doing too much to interfere in how police officers do their job.

The poll also finds some skepticism of how President Joe Biden has handled the issue, with 42% of Americans saying he is doing “too little” to reform police practices in the country, while 32% say he has done the right amount and 15% say he has done “too much.” Nearly half of Black Americans and Democrats say Biden has done too little on this issue, a significant break from their typical lopsided support of his actions on other fronts.

Opinions on greater scrutiny of police divide sharply along partisan and racial lines, with more than 8 in 10 Democrats saying the country should do more to hold police accountable for mistreatment of Black people, compared with about 6 in 10 independents and 3 in 10 Republicans. And while about 8 in 10 Black adults and nearly 7 in 10 Hispanic adults say more should be done to hold police accountable, just over half of White adults say the same.

Gender and age also play a role, with 67% of women saying the country should do more to hold police accountable for mistreatment of Black Americans, compared with 53% of men. And while half of seniors 65 and older say they support more accountability for police, that rises to 59% for adults ages 40-64 and to 67% for those ages 18-39.

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #621 on: April 24, 2021, 09:17:41 AM »
Well what these "proposals "will lead to is hamstrung police departments and far more violence and death.  Would you rather see thousands more dead?  And insisting that our system is systemically racist, or that our citizens are predominately racists, has lead and will lead to more racists.   As I have said before even if 95% of Americans conceded that this insistence about ubiquitous racism is true it wouldn't solve these very challenging problems. 

You cannot have a comprehensive discussion about change by simply yelling racism, racism, racism, after every single police incident.  It starts in the home, in our schools, and on the streets of course.  And if you think this is a totally separate issue from so called systemic police racism, or that's it a smaller issue for that matter, you're being intellectually dishonest.  The discussion has to include all of these things, including abusive cops, but also personal responsibility, committing crimes, and resisting arrest.  It can't just be vilifying police and our citizens for "the system".

Racists lead to more racism.

I agree it’s more than a police situation. I do think we need to look at why people are committing crimes and resisting arrest and not just say stop doing both. Perhaps people are committing crimes because they are desperate. Why are the desperate? Perhaps people are resisting arrest because they are scared. Why are they scared?

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #622 on: April 24, 2021, 09:21:33 AM »
Jeez...I didn't even see that.  Not surprising.

The irony here is that he doesn't believe that all hairstyles matter

21Jumpstreet

• All American
« Reply #623 on: April 24, 2021, 09:37:23 AM »
If we’re still talking about “don’t quit your day job” (as opposed to shut up and dribble which I think is a terrible sentiment), then I guess we just have different interpretations.  I’m not telling you that you don’t have the right to express yourself, but I am telling you I’m not gonna take it seriously cause it’s uninformed.  Especially in a culture that, for some reason, many people give “celebrities” voices undue weight just cause they are in the public eye.

Of course, we all take seriously what we want to take seriously. Question, how do you know someone is uninformed? I’m sure some cases are easy to decipher, others perhaps not so much.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #624 on: April 24, 2021, 11:45:58 AM »
I just learned yesterday my nephew is good friends with the son of the cop who grabbed her gun instead of the taser.