collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: DMB at Alpine Valley  (Read 14773 times)

reesiecup210

DMB at Alpine Valley
« on: March 06, 2008, 03:07:27 PM »
The dates are set for August 8th and 9th. Any Scoopers going? We need some better MU representation in the parking lot too much Bucky and Illini. Tickets go on sale March 29th. See you on the lawn!

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
Re: DMB at Alpine Valley
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 03:17:12 PM »
DMB? 

Diggs Mbakwe Burke? 

Dahveed Maurice Blackledge? 

marquette09

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 03:21:58 PM »
I'll be there, both nights

muarmy81

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 03:38:57 PM »
The dates are set for August 8th and 9th. Any Scoopers going? We need some better MU representation in the parking lot too much Bucky and Illini. Tickets go on sale March 29th. See you on the lawn!

That's because more hippies and pot-heads attend those universities   ;)

reesiecup210

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 04:22:37 PM »

That's because more hippies and pot-heads attend those universities   ;)
I've never heard that one before.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »
WTF is DMB?

muwarrior87

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 04:34:43 PM »
Dave Matthews Band. if you ever want to get high without directly smoking anything, that's the concert to go to.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »
I am probably going with my friends from school.  DMB is Dave Matthews Band.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

pure genius stuff by Bill Simmons, remember to read day 2

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 04:36:40 PM »
Dave Matthews Band. if you ever want to get high without directly smoking anything, that's the concert to go to.

not really, Ive been to a lot worse concerts for smoke.  Rusted Root is always a classic to get high without smoking, however if you think there isn't any pot smoking at any concert, minus things like classical concerts, then you must be kidding yourself.

I actually hate when people attack bands/shows like DMB's show, Phish, etc. for pot smoking, what, because when you go to any concert you can smell smoke?
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/NCAA/dayone&sportCat=ncb

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 04:48:47 PM »
Sorry I asked.

I thought we didn't have any chicks on this board. Guess I was wrong.

reesiecup210

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 08:43:10 PM »
Who cares what that cheese ass thinks, anyone who's been to Alpine Valley, regardless if it's Dave Matthews, Jimmy Buffet etc. knows that half the experience is the mass drunken party in the parking lot before the show. I asked who's going, not who likes Dave Matthews.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2008, 12:49:01 AM »
Never miss it... Will be shows 11 and 12 for me, all at Alpine.

Hopefully we won't have biblical rains before the show and there will still be grass on the lawn.

reesiecup210

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2008, 12:52:21 AM »
Yeah, we definitely could do without the rain this year. The key for me was sneaking from the lawn, AKA pig sty, onto the Bud Deck and befriending some 40 year old woman who liked to buy me and my buddies beer. I'm working on shows 7 and 8, got a bit of a late start.

Mayor McCheese

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2008, 01:23:27 AM »
Who cares what that cheese ass thinks, anyone who's been to Alpine Valley, regardless if it's Dave Matthews, Jimmy Buffet etc. knows that half the experience is the mass drunken party in the parking lot before the show. I asked who's going, not who likes Dave Matthews.

oh I am not denying that, and no need to call me names, I just am sick of some people who think only drugs are taken at "jam-band" concerts, its done everywhere, and it is OK....

Navin, I was just informing you what DMB was, next time I won't answer your question

reesiecup210

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2008, 01:27:59 AM »

oh I am not denying that, and no need to call me names, I just am sick of some people who think only drugs are taken at "jam-band" concerts, its done everywhere, and it is OK....

Navin, I was just informing you what DMB was, next time I won't answer your question
Sorry McCheese, that wasn't directed at you, it was to Navin. I guess I didn't think about the cheese correlation haha. I totally agree with your frustrations.

jaybilaswho?

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 04:02:50 PM »
Rusted Root is always a classic to get high without smoking

Rusted Root is a great show, regardless of the smoke around you. They have been the best two shows of Summerfest that I have been to the last couple of years.
"A team should be an extension of a coach's personality. My teams are arrogant and obnoxious." Al McGuire

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
Dave Matthews? Rusted Root? Do people your age ever feel kinda cheated when bands like this are actually considered good?

🏀

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 08:01:19 PM »
Dave Matthews? Rusted Root? Do people your age ever feel kinda cheated when bands like this are actually considered good?

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 08:16:15 PM »
Make sure he doesn't empty the bus's john off the overpass like he did some years past.    :D

muhoosier260

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 02:52:04 AM »
i hate everyone on this board who enjoys more than one song of any of the bands mentioned on this thread. anyone who calls a band by the lead's first name (DDDDAAAAVVVVEEEE!!!!!) can shampoo my crotch

reesiecup210

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 03:55:49 AM »
I guess I'm shampooing your crotch. Jesus Christ I could give a crap what you guys think, I just wanted to know if there are any other MU Scoopers that are gonna be there. Here's an idea, start a thread entitled, "I Hate the Dave Matthews Band", then you can call me a girl or pot smoker or tell me to shampoo your crotch. I'm sorry that I like a band that you don't. I didn't know I was on a music critic's blog.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 07:59:54 AM »
I guess I'm shampooing your crotch. Jesus Christ I could give a crap what you guys think, I just wanted to know if there are any other MU Scoopers that are gonna be there. Here's an idea, start a thread entitled, "I Hate the Dave Matthews Band", then you can call me a girl or pot smoker or tell me to shampoo your crotch. I'm sorry that I like a band that you don't. I didn't know I was on a music critic's blog.

Don't worry about it. Next time just think before you post.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 10:59:10 AM »

reesiecup210

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 11:36:52 AM »

Don't worry about it. Next time just think before you post.
I'll just PM you to verify if my opinion is okay with you.

MUshrooms

• Starter
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 01:03:35 PM »
What's wrong with smoking a little ganja?