collapse

* Recent Posts

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by brewcity77
[Today at 09:00:07 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Uncle Rico
[Today at 08:11:08 AM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by 1SE
[Today at 05:22:49 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by TSmith34, Inc.
[May 04, 2024, 08:28:28 PM]

Most Painful Transfers In MUBB History? by Jay Bee
[May 04, 2024, 10:20:49 AM]

Marquette NBA Thread by Uncle Rico
[May 04, 2024, 07:00:37 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: The Buzz leaving rumors have started.....  (Read 14606 times)

LovinCrowder

• Team Captain
The Buzz leaving rumors have started.....
« on: March 08, 2013, 10:01:44 AM »

Chuck Frieimund at 1250 WSSP just stated on the air that by opening day, Marquette will be looking for a new head coach......that Buzz is hot right now, someone will pay him mega mega bucks (like Texas) and insists he will be gone......

Wickett, on the other hand, said no way - that he won't leave with the incoming class that he has next year...that in the next 5 years, Buzz has the opportunity to do something special....and that he will definitely make the final four.....if not farther...

Here we go........I was hoping the rumors wouldn't start yet.....I hate this :(

bradley center bat

• All American
Re: The Buzz leaving rumors have started.....
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 10:03:35 AM »
Buzz is get $$$$$ well at Marquette. He is at a basketball school, which he likes. Chuck Frieimund must think MU is not a big-time school.

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:03:56 AM »
I just do not see many jobs opening up this year...and that includes Texas.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 10:04:19 AM »
Chuck Frieimund at 1250 WSSP just stated on the air that by opening day, Marquette will be looking for a new head coach......that Buzz is hot right now, someone will pay him mega mega bucks (like Texas) and insists he will be gone......

Wickett, on the other hand, said no way - that he won't leave with the incoming class that he has next year...that in the next 5 years, Buzz has the opportunity to do something special....and that he will definitely make the final four.....if not farther...

Those two have absolutely zero information.  Like everyone else on that station. Friemund is a mouth-breather from the sticks and a complete Badger homer. Don't give it any thought.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 10:05:07 AM »

Its that time of the year when basketball is hot and they need something to talk about.  If you're listening to 1250 for sports, I feel sorry for you.

Litehouse

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »
That doesn't rise to the level of rumor.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 10:07:05 AM »

This deserves its own thread?

Buzz to the Vatican has more credibility than these bozos.

bobnoxious

• Team Captain
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 10:07:27 AM »
I really wish we could all focus on the fact that we can win the Beast tomorrow afternoon, if for reasons we cant control Buzz leaves after the season we have one of if not the hottest assistant coach in the country that I'm sure would love a promotion.  The program is in good hands

MileHigh

• Team Captain
  • Go Warriors!
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 10:08:09 AM »
When we win Saturday and have at least a piece of the Big East title, make a statement in NYC, and make alot of noise in the NCAA, I expect him to get another nice payday from Marquette.

Plus, with the C7 and the new Big East, being a leading school, having a chance to be in the spotlight, why give it up?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 10:08:48 AM »
Rumors about Buzz leaving? That's crazy talk! I mean, those kinds of rumors just never happen!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

madtownwarrior

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 10:11:37 AM »
at least this rumor is form an idiot at 1250 who knows nothing...

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 10:12:02 AM »
Uggh.

It's frustrating because:

A. They don't really follow MU hoops closely and use dumb cliches like "they play so hard".

B. It would be SOOOOO easy to get a "MU Expert" on the show. I don't expect sports guys to have intimate knowledge on EVERY SPORT IN TOWN... but it's pretty easy to have on a kid from "Paint Touches". Just takes an email and a phone call.

C. Sports radio is hard because you have to "create content" with a "local flavor", because that is what Wisconsin likes. But, like I said above, it's not THAT hard if you find the right sources.

Oldgym

• All American
  • It was their final, most essential command
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »
That doesn't rise to the level of rumor.

This.  Know-nothing sports jocks who would prefer to not to discuss what happened to Bucky last night will stir it up whatever else they can think of to get ears on their programs.  No different than Terry Bradshaw guaranteeing X will beat Y on Sunday, only to look like a fool by halftime of said game.

These guys know which buttons to push.  Ignore them. When their unfounded garbage fails to activate a "Buzz please stay" letter-writing campaign, they'll go talk about something else.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 10:14:29 AM »

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 10:14:37 AM »
DEAR PEOPLE ON THIS SITE:

DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT TALKING JAGOFF! ALL HE'S BEEN SAYING FOR TWO WEEKS (WHILE GIGGLINGLY-HAPPY) IS THAT BUZZ IS PREPPING HIS RESUME AND WILL BE GONE.

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM AND WICKETT. THEY ARE TERRIBLE. CHUCK IS THE WORST PERSON ON THAT STATION - EVEN WORSE THAN SPARKY! HE'S A STUTTERING-JOHN OF AM RADIO IN MILWAUKEE.

That entire crew at 1250 no jack about the MU program. They don't do anything to learn about it. They just sit around and spew garbage about it. Wickett. Chuck. Sparky. And especially the Big Eunich and his Zapruder-film of the brawl last year we are still waiting for. They have zero sources, and even less credibility.

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
I just do not see many jobs opening up this year...and that includes Texas.

Well, there is a wild rumor here in L.A. that would start some crazy dominoes.  I don't believe it, but here's how it goes

Ben Howland gone, even if he makes the NCAA tournament
Jamie Dixon to USC

Now, it takes on a bigger life of its own after that....Sean Miller back to Pitt where he played. 
Pastner to Arizona
Donovan to UCLA
Shaka to Florida

Again, I find this to be a bunch of crap, but this has hit talk radio here and usually dismissed quite quickly.  The Howland rumors are very interesting because the crux of it is that the AAU and high school coaches don't want their kids to play for him.  Dixon, apparently not happy with Pitt and the ACC stuff is dying to get back to So. Cal (why anyone dies to get back to this state these days is beyond me).  The rest, who knows.

Aughnanure

• All American
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 10:17:46 AM »

That's not a rumor. That's an opinion.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.” - T.E. Lawrence

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 10:18:12 AM »
They did exactly what you want, start controversy, it is radio, what else can they do but try and rile up the troops!

chapman

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 10:20:58 AM »
Why do you people listen to uneducated morons with sub-100 IQs spewing garbage on the radio for $10.50/hr?  At least don't bother to post it here; Bleacher Report has more credibility.  Turn the dial, Taylor Swift and Kesha even manage to be  an improvement over this.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 10:22:57 AM »
At some point, when coaches stay at an institution long enough, the media stops including them in every friggin' rumor story. After this off-season, when Buzz stays on at MU, we'll reach that point with him. Just like Few at Gonzaga, people will realize that "hmm, maybe I should listen to him when he says he's happy".

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 10:24:03 AM »

Couple of thoughts here...

1. Stop listening to them if it bothers you so much.  They don't really know anything and are just trying to create a buzz of some sort.

2. MU has only had two coaches who have voluntarily left for another position.  O'Neill went to Tennessee, and MU was a *much* different place at that time.  Crean went to one of the most iconic schools in college basketball history.

3. This leads me to believe that Buzz isn't going anywhere unless it is one of those "no brainer" situations like Crean and IU...and I am struggling right now to figure out what that would be.  Doug Gottlieb mentioned USC....really?

So take a couple deep breaths and calm down.

GOO

• All American
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 10:25:25 AM »

That is really not a rumor.  Is is one persons opinion of what may happen.  A rumor has some element of being factual true behind it, even if not well know.

This is sports radio blowhards making talk and controversy.  I feel sorry for these guys having to talk for hours about drivel and try to keep people engaged. This is the type of stuff you end up with.  Conservative radio or tv, liberal radio and tv, sports radio... all the same idea/format.  Have to have controversy and get people riled up.

Ignore this.... if it was actually a rumor as in there is a source, that would mean that there may actually be something behind it... here, just a blowhard giving an opinion that he may not even believe in...

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 10:28:33 AM »
That's not a rumor. That's an opinion.

Exactly. From these two. Friemund looks like a sex offender.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 10:28:52 AM »
What does the job at the Vatican pay?

Warriors10

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 10:29:59 AM »
Didn't know Larry Brown got fired at SMU...

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 10:31:18 AM »
In my best Amazing Kreskin impersonation:

The answer is - three things that suck

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 10:31:30 AM »
Rumor season doesn't even officially start until there are openings.....
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 10:34:34 AM »
And Chuck posted this yesterday on his blog, so...go figure.

"I have enjoyed this college basketball season as much as any in past years. I grew up in Milwaukee and am a Marquette fan first but I have to say I have enjoyed watching this Wisconsin team play more. Bo Ryan's slow play doesn't offend me at all. Finding a way to best get the job done is the way Bo goes about getting the job done and im good with that. The Badgers get to every 50/50 ball, they take care of the glass for the most part, and have no legit stars on their team ( save freshman Sam Dekker a rising star). Badgers have clearly overachieved,and have beaten some big boys again this year.

What is there not to love about watching this lunch pail team? Yet Bo will get heat for his style of play. That doesnt bother me at all. He's in the conversation for a conference title and once again will likely finish in the top four in the Big Ten. That's all I care about."

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 10:35:43 AM »

This is sports radio blowhards making talk and controversy.  I feel sorry for these guys having to talk for hours about drivel and try to keep people engaged. This is the type of stuff you end up with.  Conservative radio or tv, liberal radio and tv, sports radio... all the same idea/format.  Have to have controversy and get people riled up.

Ignore this.... if it was actually a rumor as in there is a source, that would mean that there may actually be something behind it... here, just a blowhard giving an opinion that he may not even believe in...

wickett has always been the one bashing MU and Chuck has always been the one defending MU. Now they switch. They probably go into the show saying ok which one of us will say the controversial thing that will get people riled up and which one of us will be the good cop.

MerrittsMustache

• All American
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 10:37:35 AM »
Much like if he was an effective, well-respected co-worker, if Buzz leaves to take a better job, I'll wish him the best. At the same, I'll hope like hell he stays.

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 10:40:53 AM »
Well, there is a wild rumor here in L.A. that would start some crazy dominoes.  I don't believe it, but here's how it goes

Ben Howland gone, even if he makes the NCAA tournament
Jamie Dixon to USC

Now, it takes on a bigger life of its own after that....Sean Miller back to Pitt where he played. 
Pastner to Arizona
Donovan to UCLA
Shaka to Florida

Again, I find this to be a bunch of crap, but this has hit talk radio here and usually dismissed quite quickly.  The Howland rumors are very interesting because the crux of it is that the AAU and high school coaches don't want their kids to play for him.  Dixon, apparently not happy with Pitt and the ACC stuff is dying to get back to So. Cal (why anyone dies to get back to this state these days is beyond me).  The rest, who knows.
I just can't see Dixon going to USC.  Everything else seems reasonable.  Those are some good dominoes though.

dinger

• Starter
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 10:41:30 AM »
Maybe Marquette needs a banner for 10000th "Buzz To..." post on muscoop.com  ;)

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 10:44:11 AM »
I can't see Miller to Pitt either.  He is killing it recruiting wise at Arizona.

Also not quite sure about Donovan to UCLA.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »

So why did you start this thread, then?  You are only adding fuel to the fire.
Have some patience, FFS.

LastWarrior

• All American
  • Let's Go Warriors!!
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 10:44:54 AM »
Chuck Frieimund at 1250 WSSP

For those non-Milwaukee people, who the hell is Chuck Frieimund and why should we give a sh*t what he says?
"The Lord is a Warrior" - Exodus 15:3

NavinRJohnson

• All American
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 10:50:07 AM »

"I have enjoyed this college basketball season as much as any in past years. I grew up in Milwaukee and am a Marquette fan first but I have to say I have enjoyed watching this Wisconsin team play more. Bo Ryan's slow play doesn't offend me at all. Finding a way to best get the job done is the way Bo goes about getting the job done and im good with that. The Badgers get to every 50/50 ball, they take care of the glass for the most part, and have no legit stars on their team ( save freshman Sam Dekker a rising star). Badgers have clearly overachieved,and have beaten some big boys again this year.

What is there not to love about watching this lunch pail team? Yet Bo will get heat for his style of play. That doesnt bother me at all. He's in the conversation for a conference title and once again will likely finish in the top four in the Big Ten. That's all I care about."

So last night they went out and got heir asses whipped, were out worked in every facet of the game, and a good chance they will finish outside the top 4, so....

nyg

• All American
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 10:54:09 AM »
I can't see Miller to Pitt either.  He is killing it recruiting wise at Arizona.

I'm with this.  Dixon to USC a possibility though, since he is a SoCal guy.  Donovan a Long Island boy, east coaster, who also has some big time recruits coming. 

Groin_pull

• All American
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 10:55:17 AM »
Nothing dampens my enthusiasm more than all this irritating speculation.

foreverwarriors

• Team Captain
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 10:55:49 AM »
56 minutes after this thread was started and we're already at almost 3 pages.

Sigh.

Niv Berkowitz

• All American
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 10:56:51 AM »
I (partially) blame myself.
 ;)

Chicos' Buzz Scandal Countdown

• All American
Unless these jobs open I'm not concerned
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 10:58:01 AM »
In order of concern:

1) Kentucky
2) Kansas
3) UNC
4) UCLA
4) Indiana

And no others

Only exception is if there was some major violation by Buzz/staff/team which would cause an arranged separation.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

Golden Avalanche

• All American
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 11:00:24 AM »
I'm with this.  Dixon to USC a possibility though, since he is a SoCal guy.  Donovan a Long Island boy, east coaster, who also has some big time recruits coming. 

Dixon to USC has been around for a long time. With Pitt's impending move now could be the right moment for a move back home.

As for Donovan, he's got two titles and can do whatever he wants. Really, what coach wouldn't want to be the head man in Westwood?

MUFlutieEffect

• Team Captain
    • The Flutie Effect
Re: Unless these jobs open I'm not concerned
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 11:01:04 AM »
I'd like to agree, but I think UT would be a pretty tempting opportunity for Mr. Williams.
The Flutie Effect: "A significant and positive correlation between a university having a successful team and higher quality of incoming freshmen, alumni donations, and graduation rates."

- The Economist, January 3rd, 2007

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 11:02:14 AM »

Ben Howland gone, even if he makes the NCAA tournament - why not
Jamie Dixon to USC - i know he's stated his level of frustration leaving the BEAST, but not to USC
Pastner to Arizona his ability to get output from his talent at memphis would worry me
Donovan to UCLA nah..he gets talent at florida
Shaka to Florida if the job would open, sure
Buzz to VCU

Canned Goods n Ammo

• All American
  • Ammo, clean shaven Ammo.
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 11:04:01 AM »
Dixon to USC has been around for a long time. With Pitt's impending move now could be the right moment for a move back home.

As for Donovan, he's got two titles and can do whatever he wants. Really, what coach wouldn't want to be the head man in Westwood?

Honestly, with the cache Billy has in FL, I think that is a better job (for him) than UCLA.

I understand there are blue-blood, once-in-a-lifetime jobs... but there is also a quality of life issue. Billy's set in FL for a long time.

If he goes to UCLA, and he has to climb the mountain all over again. If he doesn't win a title in 5 or 6 years, the seat will get warm because the expectations are very high.

With all of this said, most big time coaches have healthy egos, and the idea of "what if I struggle?" doesn't enter their mind.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 11:05:04 AM »
Why am I supposed to care what some idiot on AM radio in Wisconsin thinks? If this was Andy Katz or Doug Gottlieb then I'd be concerned. Consider the source.
We Are Marquette

reinko

• All American
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »

Could really go for a tremendous 12 right now

• All American
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 11:05:34 AM »
I'd like to agree, but I think UT would be a pretty tempting opportunity for Mr. Williams.
To take a pay cut and play second fiddle to football in a state where his Texas recruiting channels aren't a differentiator? Color me not concerned.

In fact if Buzz leaves MU for UT ever, I will pay $100 to the next poster to this thread.
"Half a billion we used to do about every two months...or as my old boss would say, 'you're on the hook for $8 million a day come hell or high water-.    Never missed in 6 years." - Chico apropos of nothing

LAZER

• All American
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 11:05:46 AM »

I thought that Dixon already turned down USC before and didn't he pass on the Arizona job too?  I can't really remember an instance of a coach downgrading that much just to go "home".

Donovan to UCLA is intersting, but he did already pass on Kentucky.

Avenue Commons

• All American
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »
Why did this post need its own thread?
We Are Marquette

• All American
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »
Why did this post need its own thread?
Did I miss the rule about a vetting process prior to each post on this forum?

Avenue Commons - you get a C-note when Buzz heads to Texas

Norm

• All American
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2013, 11:12:48 AM »
Basically, the only coaches who aren't in the rumor mill for leaving for another college job every year are Coach K at Duke, Roy Williams at UNC, Bill Self at Kansas and Tom Izzo at MSU. Yet, even those fan bases have had to wonder if their coach was leaving for the NBA.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #52 on: March 08, 2013, 11:13:14 AM »

With his schtick and what he says later on, that's akin to "I'm not a racist, I know a black guy at work, but..."

EnderWiggen

• Team Captain
« Reply #53 on: March 08, 2013, 11:13:51 AM »

I don't know which one is Friemund, but they both look like sex offenders.  Well, the one on the right looks like a magician who is also a sex offender.

lab_warrior

• All American
« Reply #54 on: March 08, 2013, 11:15:00 AM »

CONCERN TROLL IZ CONCERNED

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #55 on: March 08, 2013, 11:17:59 AM »

No way Miller leaves Arizona for a half baked Pitt program. My son goes to UA. Miller is super popular and is very well compensated. Basketball is huge at UA and they have a tremendous following. Miller long ago packed his snow shovel.

The Process

• All American
« Reply #56 on: March 08, 2013, 11:23:17 AM »
The Howland rumors are very interesting because the crux of it is that the AAU and high school coaches don't want their kids to play for him. 

No wonder why UCONN wants to join the AAU...
Relax. Respect the Process.

Tugg Speedman

• All American
« Reply #57 on: March 08, 2013, 11:25:12 AM »
56 minutes after this thread was started and we're already at almost 3 pages.

Sigh.

127 pages to go.  At this rate we should be there around tip off Thursday.

Who wants the midnight to 8am shift?

21rooster

• Starter
« Reply #58 on: March 08, 2013, 11:26:18 AM »
These are the same idiots who, last week, were discussing that it would be a fantastic coaching matchup to see Brad Stevens versus Buzz Williams in the NCAA tourney, saying this is exactly the type of team MU wouldn't be able to beat...with no mention of the fact that they played in November.  These guys know nothing about Marquette basketball.  Anyone on this board could provide more educated commentary on MU hoops.  

Warrior_2002

• Team Captain
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2013, 11:43:27 AM »
Those two have absolutely zero information.  Like everyone else on that station. Friemund is a mouth-breather from the sticks and a complete Badger homer. Don't give it any thought.

Chuck is actually more of a Marquette guy. He's talked in the past about how he was always more of a Marquette guy growing up because Wisconsin wasn't really good when he was growing up. I think he is simply giving his opinion and not saying he has inside information. I don't see Buzz leaving after this season.  I think he is thankful for the opportunity Marquette gave him way ahead of his deserved timeline.

Benny B

• All American
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
These jokers don't even fit the criteria for the Buzz to _____ archive.... but since Texas is already there, it doesn't matter.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32127.0

I'm looking forward to adding at least a dozen schools to the list before April 30.
Wow, I'm very concerned for Benny.  Being able to mimic Myron Medcalf's writing so closely implies an oncoming case of dementia.

Ari Gold

• All American
  • L.H.I.O.B.
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2013, 11:56:27 AM »
Make it stop

nyg

• All American
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »
I thought that Dixon already turned down USC before and didn't he pass on the Arizona job too?  I can't really remember an instance of a coach downgrading that much just to go "home".

Donovan to UCLA is intersting, but he did already pass on Kentucky.

No and No.  Dixon liked being at PITT at the time and also the Big East.  Now that PITT leaving, his mindset might be changed. 

Marquette_g

• All American
  • Gonna Get Some Cold Cuts Today
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2013, 12:05:17 PM »
These jokers don't even fit the criteria for the Buzz to _____ archive.... but since Texas is already there, it doesn't matter.

http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=32127.0

I'm looking forward to adding at least a dozen schools to the list before April 30.

I wouldn't say I'm "looking forward to it" but that won't stop it from happening.  I look forward to the numerous posts telling me that I need to "enjoy the moment" as though I'm incapable of considering the future while watching a basketball game.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2013, 03:56:35 PM »
As much as I like Milwaukee and enjoy visiting my little brother there, I am glad I don't live there so I can't even accidentally listen to these dolts.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #65 on: March 08, 2013, 04:11:38 PM »
No and No.  Dixon liked being at PITT at the time and also the Big East.  Now that PITT leaving, his mindset might be changed. 

Dixon's name was linked to a number of openings in the mid 00's and he categorically denied interest. At the time his steadfast loyalty to Pitt was a refreshing counterpoint. 

Death on call

mr.MUskie

• All American
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
Has Buzz ever said he'd like to return to Texas someday?  Maybe he's glad he got his a$$ out of there.  Just because you were born somewhere doesn't necessarily mean you want to die there.

Sunbelt15

• All American
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2013, 04:36:51 PM »
I don't know which one is Friemund, but they both look like sex offenders.  Well, the one on the right looks like a magician who is also a sex offender.

Funny ;D

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2013, 05:15:32 PM »
Has Buzz ever said he'd like to return to Texas someday?  Maybe he's glad he got his a$$ out of there.  Just because you were born somewhere doesn't necessarily mean you want to die there.

Behold a star appearing in the South--
 A star that shines apart from other stars,
 Ruddy and fierce, like Mars!
 Out of the reeking smoke of cannon's mouth
 That veils the slaughter of the Alamo,
 Where heroes face the foe,
 One man against a score, with blood-choked breath
 Shouting the watchword, "Victory or Death--"
Out of the dreadful cloud that settles low
 On Goliad's plain,
 Where thrice a hundred prisoners lie slain
 Beneath the broken word of Mexico--
 Out of the fog of factions and of feuds
 That ever drifts and broods
 Above the bloody path of border war,
 Leaps the Lone Star!

Death on call

smrunner99

• Starter
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2013, 05:52:33 PM »
I really wish we could all focus on the fact that we can win the Beast tomorrow afternoon, if for reasons we cant control Buzz leaves after the season we have one of if not the hottest assistant coach in the country that I'm sure would love a promotion.  The program is in good hands

it's wainwright

The Process

• All American
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »
 On Goliad's plain,
 Leaps the Lone Star!

Van Dyke was a hack.
Relax. Respect the Process.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2013, 09:40:49 PM »
Van Dyke was a hack.

In would disagree with the sentiment but I am impressed you recognize the work. I actually enjoy his essays and his Book of Common Worship was a constant presence in my Scottish grandmother's life. He was brilliant if too much the iconoclast. But, as he said, values were never a suggestion. One of my favorite Van Dyke excerpts:

Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who re­joice, but for those who love, time is eter­ni­ty.

Death on call

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2013, 11:02:45 PM »

On Goliad's plain,
 Leaps the Lone Star!

Thanks Keefe.  At least now I know that I wouldn't want to go there.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2013, 11:10:52 PM »
Thanks Keefe.  At least now I know that I wouldn't want to go there.

Be it ever so humble...

Has Buzz ever actually said he wants to go back to Texas? I don't think he has and it is all conjecture on the part of many here. And to say Texas...there are many interpretations of Texas...Texas means many things to many people

Death on call

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2013, 11:25:52 PM »
Texas is a great state and is doing well right now, unlike much of the country.  There are parts that are a moonscape, like west Texas (where I'm originally from).  I wouldn't live there at all.  Austin, pretty nice place to live. Houston, no thanks, though some of the burbs are nice.  Dallas and Fort Worth, pretty nice. 

State that size, you can find plenty of nice things about it. 

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2013, 12:33:23 AM »
Texas is a great state and is doing well right now, unlike much of the country.  There are parts that are a moonscape, like west Texas (where I'm originally from).  I wouldn't live there at all.  Austin, pretty nice place to live. Houston, no thanks, though some of the burbs are nice.  Dallas and Fort Worth, pretty nice. 

State that size, you can find plenty of nice things about it. 

Texas is ok. I used to go to San Antonio a lot for USAF bidness and I owned a home in Plano when I was with PepsiCo. Plano HS would pack almost 20,000 into the stands for a prep game.

I would never put up with Houston's climate but west Texas is superb. Big Bend is one of the real gems of our National Park Service.

Death on call