[May 16, 2024, 04:15:33 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by Mr. Nielsen
[May 16, 2024, 01:11:29 PM]

[Paint Touches] NBA Combine results for Ighodaro and Kolek by MUbiz
[May 16, 2024, 10:45:03 AM]

Transfer Portal vs. Recruiting, retaining , developing by MU82
[May 16, 2024, 10:37:13 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1129329 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #9650 on: February 06, 2021, 08:27:52 AM »
  doesn't sound like the best conditions to prevent spread.  forcing people indoors, into closer contact?  does everyone have air purifiers in their tv or living rooms?  you do realize that staying confined indoors in closer contact actually promotes viral growth

I love that rocket is the one trying to teach people about the virus.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9651 on: February 06, 2021, 09:41:54 AM »

Maybe it’s the hydroxychloroquine talking.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #9652 on: February 06, 2021, 10:11:21 AM »
Or the nitrous oxide.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9653 on: February 06, 2021, 08:38:35 PM »

yeah, i keep forgetting that you guys are the "experts"

you do realize your name is racist though, right?  just change your name to #virtuesignal.   BLM could give 2 chits about african americans.  if they did, they would spend some of their money helping to make big city streets safer for all and give them school choice so they have a chance
don't...don't don't don't don't

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9654 on: February 06, 2021, 08:49:22 PM »

you do realize your name is racist though, right?  just change your name to #virtuesignal.   BLM could give 2 chits about african americans.  if they did, they would spend some of their money helping to make big city streets safer for all and give them school choice so they have a chance

Lol. When you’re owned so completely that going off topic is your only option...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9655 on: February 06, 2021, 09:16:26 PM »
Thanks, "healthcare professional".
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9656 on: February 06, 2021, 09:17:32 PM »
Not all the stress and depression is from closed schools and businesses. A lot of it comes out of fear about getting the virus (or a family member getting it). And some probably results from the loss or incapacity of loved ones due to Covid.

Both of the latter factors are far worse than they had to be, because we did such a terrible job mitigating it early last year.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #9657 on: February 06, 2021, 09:18:15 PM »

Oh good. First explaining the covid 19 virus. Now explaining racism.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

• All American
« Reply #9658 on: February 06, 2021, 09:25:14 PM »
Oh good. First explaining the covid 19 virus. Now explaining racism.

Yes. The guy who bought his business from dad is going to inform us about pulling yourself up from your own bootstraps.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9659 on: February 07, 2021, 12:27:22 AM »
Yes. The guy who bought his business from dad is going to inform us about pulling yourself up from your own bootstraps.

so i'm disqualified from sharing my life experiences with another because i bought the practice from my dad?  as opposed to what?  buying it from an uncle?  a partner?  not sure what the school admin guy is getting at here, but i hope you ain't in guidance counseling.  if you knew anything about our field, we are like golfers.  we are on our own.  my dad hasn't been involved with the practice for 20 years.  there have been so many new advancements since he retired so swing and a miss sully   

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9660 on: February 07, 2021, 12:42:36 AM »
   so i'm disqualified from sharing my life experiences with another because i bought the practice from my dad?  as opposed to what?  buying it from an uncle?  a partner?  not sure what the school admin guy is getting at here, but i hope you ain't in guidance counseling.  if you knew anything about our field, we are like golfers.  we are on our own.  my dad hasn't been involved with the practice for 20 years.  there have been so many new advancements since he retired so swing and a miss sully

You're not disqualified from sharing your life experiences, but don't expect anyone here to take you seriously.  You're the poster boy for white privilege and inter-generational wealth.  And you can't even acknowledge it.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9661 on: February 07, 2021, 06:38:01 AM »
You're not disqualified from sharing your life experiences, but don't expect anyone here to take you seriously.  You're the poster boy for white privilege and inter-generational wealth.  And you can't even acknowledge it.

what does that have to do with "content of ones character"?  you guys create these artificial racial speed bumps that fails to address the problem. then go about creating some violent Marxist organization under the guise of race, using "guilt" and race as an intimidating factor to force educational and lifestyle changes upon all of us, especially our children.  it has no intentions of making the world of african americans any better.  the amounts of money they have received is insane, but do you know where it's going...it's making a select few rich while the real problem is ignored and gets worse.     

• All American
« Reply #9662 on: February 07, 2021, 07:29:42 AM »
what does that have to do with "content of ones character"?  you guys create these artificial racial speed bumps that fails to address the problem. then go about creating some violent Marxist organization under the guise of race, using "guilt" and race as an intimidating factor to force educational and lifestyle changes upon all of us, especially our children.  it has no intentions of making the world of african americans any better.  the amounts of money they have received is insane, but do you know where it's going...it's making a select few rich while the real problem is ignored and gets worse.     

I, for one, haven't created any Marxist organizations that I am aware of.  Unless you count my freshman year intramural floor hockey team.  We clearly advocated for the violent overthrow of the bourgeoisie.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9663 on: February 07, 2021, 09:35:52 AM »

It was nice of you to side step what I said.  Just admit it, your life has been made easier solely because you were a white man who was born into inter-generational wealth.

That is the first step.  This has nothing to do with BLM. 

BLM has how many kills to their record?  Zero.  Antifa has one, and he was immediately shot to death by the police.  Meanwhile, the dipsh!ts you align yourself with killed five people on 1/6 alone.  Then, do we get to count Heather Heyer?  How can you say that BLM is some violent organization when disgruntled hogs that stormed the capitol last month have killed more police, let alone regular Americans. 

How do you reconcile this in your baby brain?  I really want a straight answer.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9664 on: February 07, 2021, 09:40:48 AM »
C'mon man, tell us your life's professional experience. And, let's not leave out any details, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #9665 on: February 07, 2021, 09:58:19 AM »
C'mon man, tell us your life's professional experience. And, let's not leave out any details, hey?

It isn't necessary for me to attempt to justify my success since I can admit that I have benefited greatly from being a white male who benefited greatly from inter-generational wealth.

That's my point.  If you can't even admit to the bare minimum, and you continue to attempt to justify your position in life the way rocket seems to, I can't take you seriously.  If you don't want to attempt to understand the most basic concept and acknowledge it as a fact, then why should I take anything else you say seriously?

Feel me?  I'm not minimizing his accomplishments, just pointing out that his white fragility has gotten in the way of him admitting that his whiteness alone has had a major positive impact in his life whether he chooses to admit it or not.  You can be ass poor from Appalachia, but if you leave, you still have an easier shot at success as a white guy than if you were black. 

I'm not asking for the moon and the stars here.  Just some self reflection.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9666 on: February 07, 2021, 10:03:36 AM »
   so i'm disqualified from sharing my life experiences with another because i bought the practice from my dad?  as opposed to what?  buying it from an uncle?  a partner?
Did you work at your dad's practice before buying it from him?
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #9667 on: February 07, 2021, 10:03:57 AM »

Shut up and drill eh?

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #9668 on: February 07, 2021, 12:02:13 PM »
It was nice of you to side step what I said.  Just admit it, your life has been made easier solely because you were a white man who was born into inter-generational wealth.

That is the first step.  This has nothing to do with BLM. 

BLM has how many kills to their record?  Zero.  Antifa has one, and he was immediately shot to death by the police.  Meanwhile, the dipsh!ts you align yourself with killed five people on 1/6 alone.  Then, do we get to count Heather Heyer?  How can you say that BLM is some violent organization when disgruntled hogs that stormed the capitol last month have killed more police, let alone regular Americans. 

How do you reconcile this in your baby brain?  I really want a straight answer.

i don't know, but i worked as hard if not harder than anyone.  easy for you to say 30+ years later.  if i was bumming on the street with my same background, how does that figure into your little theory.  chit could have gone either way man.  i knew good from bad, right from wrong.  shouldn't be a difficult lesson for BLM to teach either

and your "disgruntled hogs" have had their way since ohhh, last may with encouragement from most dem pols.  i would call that incitement.  especially from heals up harris who encouraged contributions to free the anarchists so they wouldn't miss out on burning another police precinct.  as usual, the narrative from jan 6 has been polluted with the usual crap.  it was bad, should never have happened, but once again, let's hear the rest of the story and you guys will as usual, not have to answer to any of it

• All American
« Reply #9669 on: February 07, 2021, 12:04:23 PM »

i don't know, but i worked as hard if not harder than anyone.  easy for you to say 30+ years later.  if i was bumming on the street with my same background, how does that figure into your little theory.  chit could have gone either way man.  i knew good from bad, right from wrong.  shouldn't be a difficult lesson for BLM to teach either

and your "disgruntled hogs" have had their way since ohhh, last may with encouragement from most dem pols.  i would call that incitement.  especially from heals up harris who encouraged contributions to free the anarchists so they wouldn't miss out on burning another police precinct.  as usual, the narrative from jan 6 has been polluted with the usual crap.  it was bad, should never have happened, but once again, let's hear the rest of the story and you guys will as usual, not have to answer to any of it

Yeah. No self reflection at all. Not that I was expecting much.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9670 on: February 07, 2021, 12:05:33 PM »
if i was bumming on the street with my same background, how does that figure into your little theory.
Yeah, Hards, if things were completely different, what would your little theory say then, huh? Bet you didn't think of that.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9671 on: February 07, 2021, 12:12:04 PM »
We interrupt this fascinating back and forth with some news about the virus.

Virus Variant First Found in Britain Now Spreading Rapidly in U.S.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/07/health/coronavirus-variant-us-spread.html?action=click&module=Spotlight&pgtype=Homepage

A more contagious variant of the coronavirus first found in Britain is spreading rapidly in the United States, doubling roughly every 10 days, according to a new study.

Analyzing half a million coronavirus tests and hundreds of genomes, a team of researchers predicted that in a month this variant could become predominant in the United States, potentially bringing a surge of new cases and increased risk of death.

The new research offers the first nationwide look at the history of the variant, known as B.1.1.7, since it arrived in the United States in late 2020. Last month, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned that B.1.1.7 could become predominant by March if it behaved the way it did in Britain. The new study confirms that projected path.

-----------------

Buckle up for the next wave....

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9672 on: February 07, 2021, 12:13:26 PM »
as usual, the narrative from jan 6 has been polluted with the usual crap.  it was bad, should never have happened, but once again, let's hear the rest of the story and you guys will as usual, not have to answer to any of it
What is the rest of the story? A bunch of white supremacist Republicans smashed into the U.S. Capitol looking to murder politicians including the sitting Vice President of their own party, but the rest of the story is...? Don't leave us hanging HydroxyMan.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #9673 on: February 07, 2021, 01:59:20 PM »
Shut up and drill eh?

Solid advice, kin, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #9674 on: February 07, 2021, 10:29:50 PM »
What is the rest of the story? A bunch of white supremacist Republicans smashed into the U.S. Capitol looking to murder politicians including the sitting Vice President of their own party, but the rest of the story is...? Don't leave us hanging HydroxyMan.
I'm betting big money this is HydroxyRocket's latest bit of insanity and "the rest of the story"

https://twitter.com/RudyGiuliani/status/1358485526421110789

Rudy W. Giuliani
@RudyGiuliani
Antifa and BLM attack DC like they helped organize the January 6 attack on Congress. However, so far their role is being concealed.