Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Looney visit to Duke started last night  (Read 42189 times)

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
Re: Looney visit to Duke started last night
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »

Maybe he does, though I don't think so as explained.  He doesn't even know when the visit is and close to home is supposed to be near the top of his list.  Yup, all the bases covered...Tennessee nope, UCLA nope, MSU nope....ALL THOSE bases covered.   :D

GGGG

• All American
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2013, 12:59:53 PM »
In this very thread we have people ripping on Looney's vocabulary and grammar...I point out that maybe we shouldn't throw stones in our glass house by using an example, and you are butt hurt as a result of the hypocrisy being exposed.  Par for the hypocrisy douche course for you.

We had *one* poster say "His vocab could use some expanding."

And then you *twice* had to bring up "University of Marquette."  The first time, you got no bites.  But because you crave the attention, you decided to throw the bait out again, and the second time you snagged one.  And in true Chicos fashion, now is playing the victim and calling people hypocrites.

Seriously, you remind me of a two year old who needs constant attention.  Completely insufferable.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2013, 01:01:25 PM »
In this very thread we have people ripping on Looney's vocabulary and grammar...I point out that maybe we shouldn't throw stones in our glass house by using an example, and you are butt hurt as a result of the hypocrisy being exposed.  Par for the hypocrisy douche course for you.

Being a hypocrite would be if I ripped on Looney's grammar in this thread then ripped on you for being a douche about one of our own players.  But that didn't happen, so you can hop off your "hypocrisy" crusade horse.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2013, 01:28:03 PM »
Can I get multiple Lenny's Dictionaries please?

Sorry, only two to a customer.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2013, 01:33:11 PM »
In this very thread we have people ripping on Looney's vocabulary and grammar...I point out that maybe we shouldn't throw stones in our glass house by using an example, and you are butt hurt as a result of the hypocrisy being exposed.  Par for the hypocrisy douche course for you.

So, the proper response to what you believe is an unfair comment about Kevon Looney is to take a cheap shot at another kid?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:08:32 PM by Pakuni »

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #130 on: October 08, 2013, 02:24:33 PM »
Theres 129 statements about Kevon Looney, it should be only one, he is not going to MU, enough said, my langauge is never perfect either.  Big deal, this is not a english grammer
course, or is it?

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »
I'm looking back and I'm not seeing where a crack was made about Looney's grammar. The only thing close was the comment I made that his vocab could use some expanding, which was in reference to the fact that he described all four universities as "fun." If that came off as talking down about kid, I apologize, not how it was intended. I would have made that same joke about myself or any other poster who used the same word repeatedly in the same post.

Alright, there's been an apology for making fun of the grammar. Moving on?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2013, 03:46:23 PM »
Theres 129 statements about Kevon Looney, it should be only one, he is not going to MU, enough said, my langauge is never perfect either.  Big deal, this is not a english grammer
course, or is it?
+1

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2013, 08:07:15 PM »
course, or is it?

We've noticed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

ChicosBailBonds

• All American
  • #AllInnocentLivesMatter
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2013, 08:11:27 PM »
So, the proper response to what you believe is an unfair comment about Kevon Looney is to take a cheap shot at another kid?

Probably a number of responses, proper and otherwise.  One proper response, IMO, is to show that when people rip on other players, coaches, etc, they might not want to throw stones as the same applies to our kids, our coaches, and our school.  Sometimes folks need real world anecdotes or examples to connect the dots.  Some day we might even stoop so low as to give out Sweet 16 rings.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 08:23:15 PM by ChicosBailBonds »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2013, 04:38:52 PM »
Visitin' MSU beginnin' tomorrow and UCLA on the last weekend in Oct. presser at Hamilton HS on Oct. 31. Poker faced with no decision yet made. All 6 schools still in play.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2013, 08:20:54 PM »
Ahmed/Shayock/Tory/Diamond/Barrett/Pierce are either MU futures or hopeful futures. I am thrilled at the possibility of these guys--mainly cuz they have NOT ruled MU out of their plans.

Best of luck Looney wherever it is that you land.
When he lost interest, so did I.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 08:51:19 PM by We R Final Four »

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2013, 09:21:35 PM »
Visitin' MSU beginnin' tomorrow and UCLA on the last weekend in Oct. presser at Hamilton HS on Oct. 31. Poker faced with no decision yet made. All 6 schools still in play.

And why do we care?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2013, 10:11:39 PM »
And why do we care?

Milwaukee kid.  Some basketball fans like to know where the local stars are going and how they're doing.  You don't have to comment if you don't care.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter