Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Morrow feature from JS  (Read 3569 times)

GB Warrior

• All American
Morrow feature from JS
« on: January 23, 2018, 02:34:58 AM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2018/01/20/morrow-waits-chance-contribute-marquette-after-transferring-nebraska/1041404001/

So many exciting lineup possibilities for next year, and Morrow is the most ready-made contributor of the newcomers. Almost nauseating how many options it appears we'll have

Edit: turns out posting in the middle of the night is not a good idea, and posting a link as an image doesn't have the intended effect.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 08:18:57 AM by GB Warrior »

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
Re: Morrow feature from JS
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 06:47:38 AM »
Here's the link:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/college/marquette/2018/01/20/morrow-waits-chance-contribute-marquette-after-transferring-nebraska/1041404001/

He makes some interesting comments about challenging Heldt, John and Froling as a member of the scout team.  It makes sense that having a player like Morrow playing on the scout team would lead to an improved interior defense as MU's players get to see a talented inside player running the next opponet's plays.  I'm sure it helped when the team prepared for Seton Hall.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 06:55:51 AM by 4everCrean »
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 07:20:27 AM »
I thought there was some rule against coaches suiting up in practice. Am I wrong?

94Warrior

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »
I thought there was some rule against coaches suiting up in practice. Am I wrong?
They do it every day.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 07:43:45 AM »

Are you Dave Delsman?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mug644

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 08:30:22 AM »

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 09:01:32 AM »
Excited to see Morrow suit up. It is going to be funny that from the 2015 and 2016 seasons where the team was "soft" inside, the 2018 team is going to be stacked with guys that sniff out the ball (Theo, Morrow, Froling and to some degree Heldt). Excited to see that with our shooting.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Silkk the Shaka

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 09:06:32 AM »
Excited to see Morrow suit up. It is going to be funny that from the 2015 and 2016 seasons where the team was "soft" inside, the 2018 team is going to be stacked with guys that sniff out the ball (Theo, Morrow, Froling and to some degree Heldt). Excited to see that with our shooting.

Agreed! And I'd add Cain to that list. The guy has a JFB-esque nose for the ball that's been missing from the wing spot the past few years.

Ellenson Guerrero

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »
I'm thinking Morrow will be a bigger difference maker than Joey next fall.  We've needed a rebounding monster for a while now.
"What we take for-granted, others pray for..." - Brent Williams 3/30/14

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 09:19:11 AM »
I'm thinking Morrow will be a bigger difference maker than Joey next fall.  We've needed a rebounding monster for a while now.

Froling is a rebounding monster this year.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 09:25:18 AM »

I just hope they're both healthy for the full year. Hopefully Joey's rehab and PT this semester will get him back to playing shape by the time the summer rolls around.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2018, 10:28:03 AM »
Morrow , Cain , Elliot , Theo and Ike (if healthy) are the type of guys we had in the glory days. Tough , Quick and Long.
Add in our ACC types ,Markus, Sam , Bailey , Hauser the younger ;plus solid bodies in Sacar , Froling and Matt and we have the makings of a very formidable team .
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 10:43:15 AM »
Morrow , Cain , Elliot , Theo and Ike (if healthy) are the type of guys we had in the glory days. Tough , Quick and Long.
Add in our ACC types ,Markus, Sam , Bailey , Hauser the younger ;plus solid bodies in Sacar , Froling and Matt and we have the makings of a very formidable team .

Yep, as long as Wojo doesn't de-motivate them all. He's famous for that, you know!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

lohaus

• Starter
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2018, 11:08:16 AM »
I enjoyed the article.  It led me into the Morrow Simeon You Tube highlights. . . good God!  Dude was trucking kids in the post left and right.  I'm excited about the additions for next year.  Joey Hauser with the inside/out game.  Bailey with whatever he brings.  Morrow banging.

I would like to think next year we won't have to worry about a big getting too many fouls and having to go small.  It should be next man up!  I don't miss the days of the 'Switchables' and wondering why we don't have the BEAST 6'8"-6'9" bigs that like to dunk and rebound!

I guess it is on to Scoop complaining about the guards for next year and how they are too small or can't handle the ball.  #TrustTheProcess

PistolBrad

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2018, 11:41:34 AM »
Anyone have highlights of Morrow at Nebraska?  I’ve searched YouTube but all I’ve found is single highlight dunks and not any sort of highlight reel. 

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 11:48:18 AM »

I guess it is on to Scoop complaining about the guards for next year and how they are too small or can't handle the ball.  #TrustTheProcess

Don't forget, we have 1 more Guard to get.  And at this point no one knows how many good ones will be available.  Exciting times for sure.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MuMark

• All American

feedback